Sign in to follow this  
Ragnarök

Problem with the Sasha/Stowaway Quest in K1

I'm experiencing a huge problem with this questline, where on previous runs I didn't.

Basically, I once I depart Dantooine and arrive on the second planet, Zaalbar comes up to me and informs me that there's food missing from the emergency supply and that I should go investigate it. The game tells me a journal entry has been added after this brief conversation, yet upon inspecting my journal, no new entry has been added.

I think nothing of it, because I usually wait to start the quest until leaving the second planet. I go about my business and finish all of the second planet. Upon returning, and attempting to inspect the supply, nothing happens. I click on the supply of food but it doesn't give me the option to inspect it closer, thus triggering the sounds of footsteps etc.

It should be noted that I'm running a heavily modded setup, but nothing relating to this quest as far as I know.

I've already tried to fix this myself by adding the relevant journal entry manually with KSE, but that alone won't make Sasha appear apparently. I can only guess that certain globals and booleans need to be toggled with KSE that allow the relevant events to trigger. The problem is I have no idea which need to be changed to get the quest going.

Can anyone with modding experience or experience with KSE help me fix this?

14 hours ago, Ragnarök said:

I think nothing of it, because I usually wait to start the quest until leaving the second planet.

I think that may be your problem. If you decide to leave the girl on the ship and not finish the quest, Zaalbar will inform you after a bit of travel that she has disappeared. 

1 minute ago, Sith Holocron said:

I think may be your problem. If you decide to leave the girl on the ship and not finish the quest, Zaalbar will inform you after a bit of travel that she has disappeared. 

That's not the problem. As I said, this is the way I've done it on every previous playthrough and there was no issue before now. The problem isn't that I've found the girl and left her alone, it's that I can't inspect the food supply so that the girl will spawn in the first place. The girl only leaves the ship if you ignore her (for multiple planets) after discovering her.

Since posting, I've determined it's my mod setup. Something is causing a conflict because when I muled my save over to a PC with a vanilla installation, it worked fine. Now begins the long, annoying hunt for the particular mod that's causing it. At least, since it's conflicting with vanilla, I know that it's not multiple mods, but rather just a single poorly tested one.

As a final update, I've determined that this issue is caused by K1 Music Fix 1.0.  On a clean install, (aside from that mod being installed) it breaks the quest, preventing you from inspecting the emergency food supply. I tested it with both my personal save file and a different unmodded save file that I downloaded for comparison. Both are borked.

11 hours ago, Ragnarök said:

Basically, I once I depart Dantooine and arrive on the second planet, Zaalbar comes up to me and informs me that there's food missing from the emergency supply and that I should go investigate it. The game tells me a journal entry has been added after this brief conversation, yet upon inspecting my journal, no new entry has been added.

Hello!

The journal entry never being really added is due to a bug with the original game (a script removes that just added journal entry before the Player has a chance to read it) .I fixed it as part of my never released SWKotOR: Upgrade modification. This is an excerpt from the ongoing changelog:

Spoiler

* Fixed bug with missing initial entry for Quest "Dwindling Supplies" and in the process added the "Eban Hawk" Quest to the Completed section - Dialog.tlk entries 49152 and 49153 created; k_cri_supp01.ncs created; k_pebo_zalmove.ncs, ebo_supplies.dlg, k_pebn_sashatrig.ncs, k_pebo_foottrig.ncs and k_ebo_sasha10-40.ncs (renamed to k_ebo_sasha1040.ncs) modified; global.jrl modified accordingly.