Sith Holocron

Today, I ramble about  . . . mod overview videos.

I typed this as I waited for my video to upload to YouTube . . . 

Today, I ramble about  . . . mod overview videos.

After my recent video on the (now ancient) Lonna Vash mod, I decided to keep up my output by working on another mod overview video.  I would strike while the irons were still red hot and reach into the archive for some forgotten work not available on Deadly Stream.  This time it would be on the "Ord Mandell" mod by RedHawke.  I'd use mods to freshen it up.  I'd (attempt to)  add my (disputed) trademark wit to it.  I'd make (allegedly) hilarious comments on the numerous spelling and grammar errors.  I'd toss off sarcastic asides on the reused maps.  All would be joyous.

After recording a bunch of footage, I realized that I hadn't checked out YouTube to see what other videos had already covered this topic.  Not that another video would stop me from finishing - I was too far in to give up - but I did have to "scope out the competition."  The first video I saw was a general overview.  It wasn't bad but it wasn't going as deep.  I was about to "x" out the tab for YouTube and then - I saw it.  Off to the right of the screen, I saw another video - nay, 4 videos as it was a series.  It beckoned me.  It called out as if to say "You know you want to look."  And then I did.

Oh no.

It was a good series.

It covered the materials in ways I couldn't.  For starters, it had the novelty of being on Android system, and I hadn't seen a mod covered that way before.  Unlike my planned take, it covered the material not with a haughty disdain but actual unvarnished joy.  It didn't rail against the errors but for what it brought to the table.

And it was worth watching.

So I'll just say this: go check out Negative Zero's "Ord Mandell" series.  Part 0 is a modding tutorial to install the mod  to Android devices but that's not your cuppa tea, start off with Episode 1 and see a modding / Let's Play video done right.

TL;DR:  This is a good video to watch.

And this one . . . is mine.  (Be kind . . . even if I wasn't.)

P.S.: Negative Zero, where's a review of the Steam version of M4-78 EP?  (As I don't think he's a member, maybe someone could ask him?)

Post-P.S.: This is now also a thread on the KotOR Subreddit.

• Like 1

Just want to let you know that I had my guessing right! 😉

Actually, I'm guessing not with only this one. There is this one mod that I kind of certain could be your secret project that you were working on back then; Yavin IV mod.

Ah, going straight to the Youtube now! *grabs rockcorn*

Spoiler

1184080793_DeadlyStream-PopcornGuy.gif.09f697e2fc13ea91968cc8cf57e381ec.gif

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

The other mod was not the Yavin IV mod . . .

So, what is it? *baiting" 🤣

Haha! Sorry if my words got you confused, what I mean is I have two options with my guess on this, first with Ord Mandell, and second with Yavin IV. So, the right one seems to the Ord Mandell. 😁

*Back to the video*

Edited by ebmar
Fix a typo with "Mantell" to "Mandell".
  • Dark Side Points 1

2 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

ebmar, I just released this video. I would like to see how this one goes before I discuss follow ups.

Sorry for that! My bad for teasing you. ✌️

Anyways, just finished watching the video. A good watch indeed! entertaining yet informative. It is like a mixture of parody with documentary, can't help myself to LMAOTF [especially those battle scenes there 🤣] and clinching my eyes for details at the same time. I like them details on narratives in almost everything; items description, characters introduction and the walkthrough itself- very well written and thoroughly researched there, I believe! Hats-off to @N-DReW25 for the work too! :respect:

In short, 30 minutes well spend! :cheers: