ariankoochesfahani

Blaster bolt sound in-game modulation

I discovered something a bit odd. When I put the attached sound file in-game and get into a firefight, the sound modulates! That is, its pitch changes shot by shot, alternating between 2 or 3 pitch-variations. Does Kotor actually process sounds dynamically and I only notice it with this one sound? Or, more simply, does it have a built-in modulator to spice up the sound of combat, and there is something about this .wav file that makes the modulation uniquely distinct? Or third, am I insane?

heavy_blaster.wav

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ariankoochesfahani said:

I discovered something a bit odd. When I put the attached sound file in-game and get into a firefight, the sound modulates! That is, its pitch changes shot by shot, alternating between 2 or 3 pitch-variations. Does Kotor actually process sounds dynamically and I only notice it with this one sound? Or, more simply, does it have a built-in modulator to spice up the sound of combat, and there is something about this .wav file that makes the modulation uniquely distinct? Or third, am I insane?

heavy_blaster.wav

Hey, it sounds actually kind of cool though! I assume that you already change the file name to both "cb_sh_blast1" and "cb_sh_hvybl1" to appropriately utilized them in-game.

Yes, it seems you are not the one that is insane here 🤣

Sounds like they have something which I don't know what that is- working on the end-result of the sounds been produced there.

But it sounds fun though! :cheers:

Edit: Did you install Shem's Ultimate Sound Mod for TSL and KotOR before applying the file? Maybe it has something to do with it though- I don't know, just guessing 🤔

Edited by ebmar
To made it noticable that "Shem's Ultimate Sound Mod for TSL and KotOR" already been installed or not.

Greetings @ariankoochesfahani,

Recently I've been playing with the file you attached there [it intrigues me to do something about it]- and the result is somehow nice actually.

It doesn't sound too "modulates" in a way but,

Maybe you ought to try it to hear the difference yourself 🤔

heavy_blaster 1.1.wav

Note: You'd need to hear it in-game to heard the difference.