Sign in to follow this  
triclops41

Lightsabers look weird in KOTOR 2

I have KOTOR 2 on Steam with TSLRCM.  I was trying to remove some mod files from my override folder that were making my game crash in KOTOR 1. Couldn't get KOTOR Ultimate to uninstall, so I deleted what I thought were its files from my KOTOR 1 override folder. It is supposed to effect KOTOR 2 as well, though. Apparently, on my playthrough of KOTOR 2, I have done something to mess up lightsabers. I have included a pic. I tried subscribing/unsubbing from fixed lightsaber colors 1/2 and lightsaber textures on Steamworkshop, but no fix. I probably deleted some important files in override, but not sure what to do now.

https://imgur.com/a/AvSJ2

Please help, I just got my lightsaber and my game looks silly now.

First, unsubscribe to all mods, or go into the Steam workshop folders and remove the files manually then resub to them later if you want. Honestly, I recommend you just download mods the standard way (TSLpatcher or copy and paste into override) The Steam workshop is more of a pain than anything.

If that doesn't work, try to do this to the kotor2.ini file and edit the line DisableVertexBufferObjects = 0

Add spaces in between the words and set the value to one so that it looks like this Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Looks like saber blade textures or *.txi are messed up.

Try to search your Override folder (both in main game folder and in Workshop folder) for w_lsabre*.tga and w_lsabre*.txi and remove them.