Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Decrease XP earned on defeated opponents if you do not level up.

Decrease XP earned on defeated opponents if you do not level up.

If the Exile accumulates XP without level up, there is a penalty applied to XP earned on opponents. Is this a feature of the game? Is this a bug? (Correctable or incorrigible?)

I would appreciate your opinion, in general, and the explanation of its operating in terms of computation.

I do not think this is a bug but rather a mechanism to push the player to remember to level up (not sure of that).

Its behavior is strange and I can not explain it because I tend to think that if you face an opponent in more difficult conditions (we have less resistance, less strength, less defensive, less power , fewer skills and so on. ...), we should, on the contrary, have a bonus or at least, that there is no penalty.

Thanks

TTLan

Guest HaVoKeR

Its probably a game mechanic, people should be doing that in kotor 1 and so in TSL this has been implemented, the level of your oponents depends on the level the main char is when you get in a new area... not his XP amount.

& why your not leveling up? if you want to make the game harder, download my mod =p haha

the level of your oponents depends on the level the main char is when you get in a new area... not his XP amount.

Download my mod =p haha

Ha Ha !

OK, it's a game mechanic but, HaVoKeR, are you sure of what you say ?

It seems to me that the level of opponents is aligned on the real actual experience of the Exile (the XP amount, translated by a theoretical level of the Exile calculated when you get in a new area and stored in Globals > Numerics > G_PC_LEVEL).

TTLan

Guest HaVoKeR

Download my mod =p haha

Ha Ha !

OK, it's a game mechanic but, HaVoKeR, are you sure of what you say ?

It seems to me that the level of opponents is aligned on the real actual experience of the Exile (the XP amount, translated by a theoretical level of the Exile calculated when you get in a new area and stored in Globals > Numerics > G_PC_LEVEL).

TTLan

have you at least tried it?

i'm not sure, but it should be...

its the only explanation why your not gaining the "right" amount of xp

Yeah, even if you do not level up, the game treats you as being of higher level. Hence, XP from foes (from a lower level) gets dimished.

http://aeons.poweredbylasers.com/aeons/kotor2_faq.php#RAIDERS_OF_THE_LOST_XP

(I really should save that link in my favorites, it's a pain to google, but very helpful KOTOR2 resource)

have you at least tried it?

i'm not sure, but it should be...

its the only explanation why your not gaining the "right" amount of xp

No, I did not try it. By cons, I have tested extensively the XP progression without level up.

The battles by themselves do not interest me at the moment. I work on the content of Kotor 2 (texts and their meaning / interpretation), and its inclusion in the Continuity and in the Expanded Universe.

I'm a kind of "Guardian of the Temple" of the mind of Kotor 2.

I am shocked (to say the least) by certain statements from Bioware attempting to marginalize the role of Kotor 2 in preparing and introducing TOR (as they tried to rewrite the chronology (TimeLine) of the all Star Wars universe by turning it around an event they invent, the "Treaty of Coruscant", while, since more than 30 years, the D day is the "Battle of Yavin" (even if this D day is not yet canonical).

It's also one of the reasons I do not always agree with some amendments from TSLRCM (and our conversations are, sometimes, "strained", and, even, we do not understand each other). Oh, these are things that seem minor and represent something like 0,1% of the outstanding work done, but in the spirit of this game, or simply in an everyday stupid realistic logic, they are points to which I attach importance.

It's also the reason I do not admit any MOD in my tests, except TSLRCM (which I consider re-integrating original choices from Obsidian, by force of circumstances approved by LucasArts before the release of the game (required by the Star Wars license) and therefore, some of them, canonical, even if Obsidian did not have time to introduce those contents in the final product, in 2004).

If some read French, this page, "I did not understand anything at Kotor 2", is still read 200 to 300 times a day! For a game that has over six years is pretty amazing. This proves that the game is alive, that TSLRCM revives it, and that in the perspective of the emergence of TOR, many people look deep into the minds of the "Knights of the Old Republic" and try to understand this period, beyond the simply game

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/histoire_recente_j_ai_rien_compris_a_kotor_2.html

My page about TSLRCM is read between 50 and 150 times a day!

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/tslrcm_qu_est_ce_qui_est_restaure.html

Once more time, thanks to all.

TTLan

Edit

Correction: I admit a MOD that makes us able to make some armors at the bench.

I consider the fact that we can not do it as a bug.

Well, I don't speak French, so I pretty much browse the site on google translate (should have thought of that before! 0_0)... when finding this note in the TSLRCM changelist;

[Cadeau de Mandalore] Lors de votre première arrivée sur Dxun, après que Mandalore vous ait dit qu'il était au courrant de tout ce que vous aviez fait pour les aider, il vous offre un sabre laser.

You already get a lightsaber for doing his Cache quest in vanilla TSL. That's not an addition we made.