jswartz0181

Xbox compatibility

Okay, so I'm still fairly new to the whole idea of modding games (aside from custom content in The Sims, this is the only game I actually have any sort of mods for), so the differences and whatnot I'm not exactly familiar with. But I remember it being asked on the old forums whether this worked or was going to work for the Xbox version of the game, but I don't remember what the answer to that was. And since it appears to be no where on this forum, well.... does this (or are there any plans to get it to) work with the Xbox version of the game?

Obviously not an issue for me, since mine is for the PC, but I do have a friend who has is for the Xbox, and I would love nothing more than to share the glory of TSLRCM with them.

Guest hkmandalore47

i dont think so. everything i've seen seems to be PC related. i wouldnt know how they could even get the mod to be put on xbox available for download an they would need to be experienced with like modding on an xbox, which i think is completely different (with the little knowledge of modding i have)

Well, modding the xbox is the same as the pc in terms of files. The difficulty lies in moving the files from the pc to the xbox...but if you do that correctly, everything in RCM *should* run properly.

Guest staticjoe66

The XBOX is nothing but a stripped down pc meant to run games--the original XBOX ran Windows CE while the 360 runs Windows Tablet Ed which is nothing more than a stripped down version of Winblows. Being a PSX guy since the very first PlayStation never having owned, and never will own, an XBOX it's my understanding an override folder is created by the game on the XBOX and most mods do indeed work as the file structure is mostly intact but again I cannot say for 100% sure either way as I don't, and refuse to, own an XBOX.

Here is a blurb from Lucas Forums:

but the answer to your question is yes most of them do work on the xbox except the ones that have models in them for some reason the xbox doesn't like them too much.

i dont think so. everything i've seen seems to be PC related. i wouldnt know how they could even get the mod to be put on xbox available for download an they would need to be experienced with like modding on an xbox, which i think is completely different (with the little knowledge of modding i have)

I recall Lord of Hunger mentioning the Xbox version a while back. I doubt they've worked on it since.

You should get the PC version, if you have a good enough computer that is. It's much easier to play than the Xbox.

I recall Lord of Hunger mentioning the Xbox version a while back. I doubt they've worked on it since.

You should get the PC version, if you have a good enough computer that is. It's much easier to play than the Xbox.

The thing about Knights of the Old Republic on the xbox is that you need a modded xbox to do it. If you have an old one, it's pretty easy to do but getting the equipment to do it will require some internet sleuthing. You'll need a computer anyways to transfer the files from the disc to the computer, modify them and then send them back to the xbox. All in all, there's a lot of work that goes into getting TSLRCM to run on the xbox.

There is another option of course, but that requires making a game iso and making it readily available for download... which is only highly illegal. This is coming from the only resident xbox expert in the Kotor community currently.

Basically, there are a ton of hoops to jump through, but if you're really up for it, and have the patience, there is a way.

Well, like I had said, I wasn't sure, nor could I remember what was said before in the old forums. The thought was just spurred seeing another mod description mentioning working for both PC and Xbox, so.... yeah. And hey, at least now there's something acknowledging the subject in the off chance someone else is curious. :P

Bummer though that my one friend gets to stay in the dark and only experience the incomplete TSL. :/

I'm really not sure why anyone would prefer the Xbox version over the PC version.

I'm really not sure why anyone would prefer the Xbox version over the PC version.

You'd be surprised. I'm a console man myself. I picked up the xbox versions of Kotor/Kotor2 back in the day WAY before I ever even considered getting the PC versions. Then talks about TSLRCM were out and about, and I wanted in on that, so I resigned myself to getting the PC versions as well.

You'd be surprised. I'm a console man myself. I picked up the xbox versions of Kotor/Kotor2 back in the day WAY before I ever even considered getting the PC versions. Then talks about TSLRCM were out and about, and I wanted in on that, so I resigned myself to getting the PC versions as well.

That's pretty much the same thing I did. I've had both games on the Xbox since 2005. Once TSLRP became popular, I decided to get the PC versions. Comparing them now, I would absolutely go with the PC. For me, the Xbox always crashed.

That's pretty much the same thing I did. I've had both games on the Xbox since 2005. Once TSLRP became popular, I decided to get the PC versions. Comparing them now, I would absolutely go with the PC. For me, the Xbox always crashed.

yep thats the same i did lol, i choose the pc version for the mods and superior graphics, i mean kotor 2 looks better then some xbox 360 games, well thats if your pc can handle it, this just amazes me that pc gamers had HD games way before the ps3 and xbox 360, i missed out :P

Likewise. There's just something comforting about holding a controller versus using a keyboard, so if I can find a (legal) way to mod my xbox version, I'll take it

Likewise. There's just something comforting about holding a controller versus using a keyboard, so if I can find a (legal) way to mod my xbox version, I'll take it

hey man i ain't saying the xbox versions suck, i did love being able to play with a controller, but as i got use too the pc version's controls i found it allot easer and faster to make an action

Guest juggalomars

I know this is kind of an old thread but it seemed an appropriate place to ask. Since there's no loader for the xbox version what would be the first thing you would encounter to know that the mod is working on an xbox? I have TSLRCM 1.7 with the unofficial patch on my xbox in case that's needed info.

hey man i ain't saying the xbox versions suck, i did love being able to play with a controller, but as i got use too the pc version's controls i found it allot easer and faster to make an action

You could always hunt down an adapter kit to make an xbox controller plug into a USB port, you know.