Sign in to follow this  
jjo

Malachor Influence-Related Cutscenes

Guest staticjoe66
But I found her rage amusing enough to make up for the inability to Jedify her after that conversation. I actually like the Handmaiden, but I think she's the best teammate to piss off. Her anger always makes me laugh for some reason.

No question her and Mira are awesome :) Mira's great because you gain INF by arguing with her so you can Jedify her before leaving Nar Shaddaa THEN take her to Dxun where she flat out rocks as does Brianna

Oh man. I never knew you could kill Saedhe. I'm always nice to him in order to gain influence with Bao-Dur, even when I play DS.

You do know you can Jedify both Bao-Dur and Mical by LOSING enough INF with them...right...?? In any case killing Saedhe then taking his 5+K credits does get you a healthy INF loss with BD/Mical and that much closer to DS Jedification :D

Kreia=total badass. She's probably one of the best characters in Star Wars.

One of the best written characters in any game period and definitely in my SW top 5

Although a well-leveled up HK-47 is pretty fun too.

I am considering this option as well

It never really made sense to me why the Exile would kill her (or his) teammates.

For the deeeelicious DS points--why else...?? :devil: (Just for you ;) )

No question her and Mira are awesome :) Mira's great because you gain INF by arguing with her so you can Jedify her before leaving Nar Shaddaa THEN take her to Dxun where she flat out rocks as does Brianna

You do know you can Jedify both Bao-Dur and Mical by LOSING enough INF with them...right...?? In any case killing Saedhe then taking his 5+K credits does get you a healthy INF loss with BD/Mical and that much closer to DS Jedification :D

Mira's definitely one of my favorite characters in TSL. She's funny and just pretty cool in general. I love it when she ribs Atton for his crush on the (female) Exile. And how she'll get mad at HK-47 on the Ebon Hawk if you ask her to make you grenades. If there were actual romance quests in the game, I'd have a hard time choosing between her and Visas for my male Exile. I'd probably almost never choose Brianna because, as much as I like her character, I always feel like she's trying to substitute the Exile for her dad.

Oh, I know you can Jedify companions by losing influence. We had that big conversation...a page back? Two? ;)

But if you play DS and lose influence with your teammates, they don't fall to the DS and get the "corrupted" appearance that I enjoy so much. Especially for Bao-Dur. Besides, it's much more fun (for me, anyway) to take alignment hits and seduce companions to the DS than to just be mean to them and leave them on their LS paths.

For the deeeelicious DS points--why else...?? :devil: (Just for you ;) )

:D

Eh, I suppose. I still find it kind of pointless since my alignments are always maxed out by then. I'll always save them if I'm playing LS, but I'll just leave them alone if I play DS. I would save them regardless of alignment, but I'd lose my max DS benefits so I just leave them alone when playing DS.

I find the yellow letters easier to read than this dark blue.

Now continue on with your business 0_0.

Aw, HH. I miss your input in this conversation. You should join in! ;)

I find the yellow letters easier to read than this dark blue.

Now continue on with your business 0_0.

But reading his yellow letters on a Blackberry - where the site has a white background which you cannot change is impossible to read. I guess StaticJoe's change to the default color is for the best.

• Like 1

Guest staticjoe66
Mira's definitely one of my favorite characters in TSL. She's funny and just pretty cool in general.

And a LOT more useful than Hanharr

Oh, I know you can Jedify companions by losing influence. We had that big conversation...a page back?

Just making sure you didn't forget... :D

But if you play DS and lose influence with your teammates, they don't fall to the DS and get the "corrupted" appearance that I enjoy so much. Especially for Bao-Dur. Besides, it's much more fun (for me, anyway) to take alignment hits and seduce companions to the DS than to just be mean to them and leave them on their LS paths.

As true as this may be, I like to hit DS Mastery ASAP to get my prestige class--but...you don't get Mira if you're DS...ssoooo...I can blow up Peragus...work for Czerka on Citadel Stn...threaten Atris...sign on with Azkul...kill Vrook...threaten the dude who says the Hawk is his...have the Exchange boys sell the dude into slavery who owes them money...kill Lootra then convince Aida he's still alive so she runs into the Exchange door guards and gets whacked...cheat Kahranna out of her 600 creds...convince the woman to sell herself and her daughter into slavery because she can't pay the tribute...BUT...if we're nice to Bao-Dur when he gets ambushed by the Handmaiden sisters...and we let the Czerka dude live in the Old Base...and we're nice to Brianna when she joins up...and we agree to hear Akarre's sob story...and we let Saedhe bribe us for the sensors...and we let Jorran live...and we buy the fake holocron from Ralon...and we heal the sick dude just inside the Refugee Sector...hhmmmm...

Mira's definitely one of my favorite characters in TSL. She's funny and just pretty cool in general. I love it when she ribs Atton for his crush on the (female) Exile. And how she'll get mad at HK-47 on the Ebon Hawk if you ask her to make you grenades. If there were actual romance quests in the game, I'd have a hard time choosing between her and Visas for my male Exile. I'd probably almost never choose Brianna because, as much as I like her character, I always feel like she's trying to substitute the Exile for her dad.

Oh, I know you can Jedify companions by losing influence. We had that big conversation...a page back? Two? ;)

:)

Eh, I suppose. I still find it kind of pointless since my alignments are always maxed out by then. I'll always save them if I'm playing LS, but I'll just leave them alone if I play DS. I would save them regardless of alignment, but I'd lose my max DS benefits so I just leave them alone when playing DS.

Aw, HH. I miss your input in this conversation. You should join in! :devil:

Aw, HH. I miss your input in this conversation. You should join in! :)

Not much to say though.

Mira and Hanharr is tough. Hanharr is interesting and has stat boosts, but I hate the roaring vs. traditional VO. He's also stronger than Mira, however you build her.

Yeah, but Mira's ability with mines are well worth anything Hanharr can come up with, in my opinion. In the arena where Mira battles against Hanhar, I always love to run trough them only to see Hanharr follow like an idiot right trough them...

But reading his yellow letters on a Blackberry - where the site has a white background which you cannot change is impossible to read. I guess StaticJoe's change to the default color is for the best.

Wait...so the white text shows up as black, right? I imagine it'd be impossible to read if it didn't.

As true as this may be, I like to hit DS Mastery ASAP to get my prestige class--but...you don't get Mira if you're DS...ssoooo...I can blow up Peragus...work for Czerka on Citadel Stn...threaten Atris...sign on with Azkul...kill Vrook...threaten the dude who says the Hawk is his...have the Exchange boys sell the dude into slavery who owes them money...kill Lootra then convince Aida he's still alive so she runs into the Exchange door guards and gets whacked...cheat Kahranna out of her 600 creds...convince the woman to sell herself and her daughter into slavery because she can't pay the tribute...BUT...if we're nice to Bao-Dur when he gets ambushed by the Handmaiden sisters...and we let the Czerka dude live in the Old Base...and we're nice to Brianna when she joins up...and we agree to hear Akarre's sob story...and we let Saedhe bribe us for the sensors...and we let Jorran live...and we buy the fake holocron from Ralon...and we heal the sick dude just inside the Refugee Sector...hhmmmm...

I pretty much always go to Nar Shaddaa first. Mira joins your team if you're LS or neutral. I think I remember reading somewhere that you have the Skip Peragus and Telos mods, so it'd actually be pretty easy to stay neutral. Be evil with Atris and nice to Bao-Dur in the Academy. In Nar Shaddaa, I help the refugees and piss off the Exchange, but usually still end up on the darker side of neutral. Basically, tell those 2 Exchange boys to give you all their credits and jump in the pit. This gives DS points, but will actually cause and INF gain with Bao-Dur because the refugee just runs off if you talk to him (pretty sure this will be fixed in 1.8, though...which is kind of a shame since I exploit this bug all the time...). Kill Lavassou and the crew members waiting for their captain at the docks, agree to help Lootra get his wife back, cheat Kahranna out of her credits in the refugee sector, threaten and kill the Serreco thugs, help that one lady get her daughter back by killing everyone in the Exchange, and heal the sick guy. Also, you can lead that one Duros in the Pazaak den to his death.

Some of these may have to be adjusted, but yeah. Of course, there's always the Mira/Hanharr Choice mod, but I've never used it because that would make it too easy for me. :devil:

Not much to say though.

Mira and Hanharr is tough. Hanharr is interesting and has stat boosts, but I hate the roaring vs. traditional VO. He's also stronger than Mira, however you build her.

Well, you shouldn't feel obligated to post here. Just chime in whenever you feel is appropriate. :)

Yeah, but Mira's ability with mines are well worth anything Hanharr can come up with, in my opinion. In the arena where Mira battles against Hanhar, I always love to run trough them only to see Hanharr follow like an idiot right trough them...

I'll have to agree with MrPhil here. Hanharr is really strong and does have an interesting back story, but I won't really use him all that much if he's a part of the team. Other than going out on Dxun for the INF gain, Hanharr doesn't get to leave the ship much. But I'll take Mira out rather often. Mira's mine ability is unique and pretty useful (and she has that rocket launcher!), but Hanharr's Wookie Rage is basically the same as the Marauder's Fury. I dunno...maybe I was just disappointed since Hanharr can't be Jedified, contrary to my expectations.

And of couse, Hanharr chasing Mira through those mines gives me a laugh every time. Another plus for Mira.

Guest staticjoe66
I pretty much always go to Nar Shaddaa first.

HH's lightsaber quest mod aside, do you get the remaining 2 parts for your lightsaber on NS? Of course you get the first one from Chodo/Czerka Duros on Citadel Stn and I have heard NS is the best place to go to finish it which I'm not sure I agree with because Dantoone is LOADED--you can get the other 2 parts in the Enclave and/or from Zherron if you fudge the will. From what I understand there's one part in Vogga's warehouse but have no idea where the other one is--I know you get something from the sick dude if you heal him...but...it's more fun to have him off himself, for the good of the community :)

Kill Lavassou

This is never do even DS because I want his power cell for the speeder

the crew members waiting for their captain at the docks

Yes, the flophouse needs to be cleaned out

Also, you can lead that one Duros in the Pazaak den to his death.

I LOVE doing this :devil: Geredi, how are the cards treating you...GREAT line

Of course, there's always the Mira/Hanharr Choice mod, but I've never used it because that would make it too easy for me

I've never used it either

Basically, tell those 2 Exchange boys to give you all their credits and jump in the pit

Need to think about this one...

HH's lightsaber quest mod aside, do you get the remaining 2 parts for your lightsaber on NS? Of course you get the first one from Chodo/Czerka Duros on Citadel Stn and I have heard NS is the best place to go to finish it which I'm not sure I agree with because Dantoone is LOADED--you can get the other 2 parts in the Enclave and/or from Zherron if you fudge the will. From what I understand there's one part in Vogga's warehouse but have no idea where the other one is--I know you get something from the sick dude if you heal him...but...it's more fun to have him off himself, for the good of the community :D

Yes to the first question. I forget specifically where the other piece is, but I've always been able to construct my lightsaber on Nar Shaddaa rather early on in the planet. Even if I go full DS and just kill everyone. I'm actually pretty sure that you can construct your lightsaber on the first planet you visit after Telos. I've never visited Korriban or Dxun first to try this out, but yeah.

DS acts are just pretty fun in general in TSL. :devil:

Actually, the power cell will be part of his remains if you kill him. Or it should be. I've never had a problem constructing the speeder after killing Lavassou.

Yes, the flophouse needs to be cleaned out

Hee. I've always loved this line.

I LOVE doing this ;) Geredi, how are the cards treating you...GREAT line

I always convince Geredi that an attractive Twi'lek is waiting outside for him. I am perversely satisfied when I imagine his disappointment and horror. :)

I've never used it either

I've been tempted to try it out so I could get Hanharr when playing LS. I'm curious to see exactly how he'd react to a LS Exile. What he'd say and all.

Need to think about this one...

I always love doing this, even if I do join with the Exchange. Reminds me of Kreia saying, "If you have such power, I would make use of it...there is no need to dirty your own hands when you can convince another to drive a blade into their own heart."

pretty sure this will be fixed in 1.8, though...which is kind of a shame since I exploit this bug all the time...

On the other hand, it's +INF for HK and Mandalore and such.

You can still get INF with Bao, just not by solving it that way....

Hanharr is really strong and does have an interesting back story, but I won't really use him all that much if he's a part of the team.

That's mainly (for me) because TSL is so easy and he roars (so no VO'ed lines). He can rock the place in Dxun temple though.

Mira's mine ability is unique and pretty useful (and she has that rocket launcher!)

Meh, take all mines, and the rockets (like all nades) kinda suck.

do you get the remaining 2 parts for your lightsaber on NS?

Yup. More even.

* Helping Refugees (with everything. There is no DS variation of this one)

* Lootra (Ls; assist. DS; kill)

* Vogga's Hoard (no alignment)

* And (of course) Visas.

So that makes 3 lightsabers even.

I know you get something from the sick dude if you heal him...but...it's more fun to have him off himself, for the good of the community :)

That's an upgrade (probably depends on level though), no part.

You do use TSLRCM, right?

I'm actually pretty sure that you can construct your lightsaber on the first planet you visit after Telos. I've never visited Korriban or Dxun first to try this out, but yeah.

True. Although for Korriban that requires you to enter the Hidden Tomb, unless you go the Visas route obviously.

I always love doing this, even if I do join with the Exchange. Reminds me of Kreia saying, "If you have such power, I would make use of it...there is no need to dirty your own hands when you can convince another to drive a blade into their own heart."

Which is why convincing the sick refugee to kill himself is INF for Kreia, Hanharr or Visas (and otherwise acted as DS for other members... with TSLRCM that is... otherwise it's bugged).

Guest staticjoe66
Actually, the power cell will be part of his remains if you kill him.

Geez Louise...I forgot ALL about that until you mentioned it... :)

I always convince Geredi that an attractive Twi'lek is waiting outside for him. I am perversely satisfied when I imagine his disappointment and horror.

After that is when the Gran asks him how the cards are treating him--definitely a great little sequence

Good point although I much prefer going the more direct and devious route--pay these thugs what you owe them or I'll kill you...that's how I roll :D

Maybe next playthrough I won't install HH's No Lightsaber Quest mod then hit Nar Shaddaa after Telos...hhmmmm.... :devil:

Guest staticjoe66
Yup. More even.

* Helping Refugees (with everything. There is no DS variation of this one)

* Lootra (Ls; assist. DS; kill)

* Vogga's Hoard (no alignment)

* And (of course) Visas.

So that makes 3 lightsabers even.

That's an upgrade (probably depends on level though), no part.

Very good to know--as always TYVM HH

You do use TSLRCM, right?

Yeah, I just hadn't killed Lassouvu in so long I forgot he dropped the power cell...and when is 1.8 going to be released? Huh? Huh? Huh? :D :devil: :)

• Like 1

Very good to know--as always TYVM HH

Correction;

Hussef's part/saber is for letting the Exchange back down non-violently. If you kill him, it's over.

Of course if you find a way to kill him after getting the part/saber...

...Wait, is there a way to kill the Exchange after you've settled with them peacefully? I've never seen that option.

Guest staticjoe66

Yes--just break into the room in which Anda's daughter is being held, where or not she's still in there doesn't matter as all the Gamorreans will now go red...the only ones you can't kill are Saqueesh personal guards. Even DS I wipe out the Exchange simply because I don't like the way the squid-head talks to me although sometimes I like to have fun with the Serroco mercs telling their leader the Exchange is about to attack them so they run off to attack first then I start ransacking their cargo containers killing any stragglers :question:

...Wait, is there a way to kill the Exchange after you've settled with them peacefully? I've never seen that option.

I know busting that girl out of her prison caused the Gamorreans to attack, but I've never been able to kill Visquis Sasquesh after I've settled things peacefully with him. Odd.

I also enjoy stealing their stuff and having them attack me. :thumbsup:

Edited by jjo

Guest staticjoe66

The best way to take Saqueesh out is to bypass everyone else in the Refugee Sector and go straight to him--if I'm not mistaken an INTIMIDATE to get him to back off autofails so then you can kill him but I don't recall what your options are with Hussef although I'm thinking you're stuck with an LS point...

I also enjoy stealing their stuff and having them attack me.

OH yeah ;)

I know busting that girl out of her prison caused the Gamorreans to attack, but I've never been able to kill Visquis after I've settled things peacefully with him. Odd.

I also enjoy stealing their stuff and having them attack me. :thumbsup:

You only get the Lightsaber (part) when forcing peace though.

And I found another reason why Hanharr may be better than Mira, atleast you don't get her crappy items as loot instead of some other better stuff.

But she looks really nice as DS :thumbsup:

Guest staticjoe66
You only get the Lightsaber (part) when forcing peace though.

Figures as LS is canon... dry.gif More fun to wipe them out, ALL of them :thumbsup:

And I found another reason why Hanharr may be better than Mira, atleast you don't get her crappy items as loot instead of some other better stuff.

Last time I killed her I got 3 Frag grenades...and there was much rejoicing...yay... ;)

I mean having her darts and rockets be added to the random loot options. Replacing probably better items...

Guest staticjoe66

Feel free to rectify this in TSLRCM 1.8 :thumbsup: ;)

I mean having her darts and rockets be added to the random loot options. Replacing probably better items...

The best way to take Saqueesh out is to bypass everyone else in the Refugee Sector and go straight to him--if I'm not mistaken an INTIMIDATE to get him to back off autofails so then you can kill him but I don't recall what your options are with Hussef although I'm thinking you're stuck with an LS point...

I've done this quite frequently (my preferred way to do things :harhar:). But I was curious as to whether I could wipe out Sasquesh after I've already settled with him peacefully and gotten the part from Hussef. I remember trying that a long time ago and hostile options didn't show up for me.

Yeah, I was always disappointed by the large amount of rockets and darts I obtained and never used.

But Mira does look much better DS than LS. I think Brianna does as well. Visas...well, someone once commented that she turns into a prune when she turns DS. :rofl:

Bao-Dur also looks better DS, but I think he's the only guy that does. Atton looks like a decaying corpse. It simultaneously makes me laugh and creeps me out.

Guest staticjoe66

OK--this is no blasted fun...before starting Malachor I had 100 INF with Visas and 1 INF with Brianna...and STILL didn't trigger the catfight :mad: I didn't talk to Brianna at all on the Hawk, took her to Dantooine and lost a boatload of INF with her there, saw the 2 cutscenes in which Kreia totally throws me under the bus and my last save on Onderon before I kill Kavar and that whiny queen my INF with Visas is 90, INF with Brianna is 1...going all the way back to Dantooine just before giving Azkul the go ahead to attack Khoonda my INF with Visas is 58 and my INF with Brianna is already at 1...WTH did I do wrong...?? :confused: :unsure:

Okay, lemme get this straight. So you saw Kreia corrupting Brianna twice on the Hawk, right? Did you also see Kreia leaving with Brianna after she talks to Atris?

Maybe you do have to talk to Brianna on the Hawk after all. I do remember she asks you why you're so much closer to Visas than her and that triggers the second cutscene with Kreia on the Hawk.

If you got the three of those cutscenes, though, and nothing happened...I'm not sure what's wrong. :(