Sign in to follow this  
Te5la

How do I change the feats used by NPCs?

So, I am trying to make the game make a little more sense by assigning feats for different NPCs. For example, in the Telos Restoration area I want regular mercenaries to use basic Power Blast/Rapid Shot/Sniper Shot or the melee equivalents, the veteran mercenaries to use improved PB/RS/SS and the melee equivalents, and the droid master/lead mercenary to use master PB/RS/SS or the melee equivalents. To do this, do I just edit the .uti files in Kotor Tool, extract them, and paste them into the OverRide folder, or is there something else I need to do?

A example.uti or any .uti is an item for kotor, what you want is the UTC. I'm not sure what UT stands for but I've always assumed uti *i* for item, utc *c* for creature. Justa bout every NPC is a utc. 

You need to go to each module (map) that has these NPCs (UTCs) and open them up, then modify the feats they have (this part should be actually fairly easy to understand once you've opened the .utc file. It's an easy system to add feats, as long as you opened a utc file, you should'nt have any problem adding the feats. Then extract file to any folder, or directly to your override.

Since you are a beginner, I suggest you only edit the files with the Kotor Tool (KT) and only edit them once with it, if you want to re-edit the file, then you should just open the vanilla file from KT again and change it again.

This isn't too hard to do, but it's a bit tedious and may cause mod incompatibilities if a mod uses that same utc file.

I'm happy to help if you need any additional help.

• Like 1

Also note that if you want your changes to take effect ingame, you need to load a savegame where you never visited the model that your edited NPC is in. Otherwise savegame data will override your edits and you won't see them.

• Like 1

Since you are a beginner, I suggest you only edit the files with the Kotor Tool (KT) and only edit them once with it, if you want to re-edit the file, then you should just open the vanilla file from KT again and change it again.

This isn't too hard to do, but it's a bit tedious and may cause mod incompatibilities if a mod uses that same utc file.

I'd also recommend typing or writing a list of changes so you don't forget what you end up changing.  Here's a helpful article that I helped me get started.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/6alr2c/is_there_an_idiots_guide_to_kotor_tool/