Sign in to follow this  
gerblul

Changing Komad Fortunas armor

Hi there I was wondering if anyone would be willing to guide me as to how I can change Komad Fortuna so that he appears in mandalorian heavy armor. Thanks in advance :D

Typically you would edit the character's UTC/s for this, changing their equipped items. In this instance tat17_03komad_01.utc in the Hunting Lodge module (tat_m17ad) and tat18_11komad_01.utc in the Eastern Dune Sea (tat_m18ac) module. However, Komad has a unique appearance.2da entry (for some reason), row 445, so alternatively you could just change the race body model there.

Typically you would edit the character's UTC/s for this, changing their equipped items. In this instance tat17_03komad_01.utc in the Hunting Lodge module (tat_m17ad) and tat18_11komad_01.utc in the Eastern Dune Sea (tat_m18ac) module. However, Komad has a unique appearance.2da entry (for some reason), row 445, so alternatively you could just change the race body model there.

And what would I need to change the race body model to? 

Komad has a unique appearance.2da entry (for some reason)

Because he uses a unique yellow head

I don't think you'd need to do that, just put Armor on him in the utc and it should work.

Because he uses a unique yellow head

Hah, never even noticed.

PMBG or PMBH, depending on what armour you want. That will just use the first texture variant though unless you also change the racetex value, so editing the UTCs I listed above may be the simpler route if you only know the item name.

• Like 1

Editing the UTCs appears to have done the trick so thanks for the assistance guys. One more thing if i'm not mistaken, Komad also makes an appearance on Kashyyyk or have I gone crazy???

Editing the UTCs appears to have done the trick so thanks for the assistance guys. One more thing if i'm not mistaken, Komad also makes an appearance on Kashyyyk or have I gone crazy???

He does, on the landing pad, and in the Hunters Lodge. Best to modify Komad's armor in those modules as well.

Alright so he appears to wear the selected armor in the eastern dune sea, however in the hunting lodge and on the czerka landing port he's wearing his default clothes, could something be overwriting the change?

If you are using a previous save in those locations, his default appearance will be stored in the save. UTC edits only work when entering an area for the first time. That is one advantage 2DA edits have - they will work regardless (assuming the row reference remains the same).

I warped there from a save from the beginning of the game just after finishing up on dantooine, warped first to the hunting lodge and he was in default clothing and then to the eastern dune sea and there he was wearing the armor. I mean realistically all I wanted was for him to wear some armor in the desert so strangely enough this has worked out well.

Also if it's not too much of a hassle I was wondering about the appearance of the 4 sith elite troopers on the 1st level of the star forge who for some reason appear as mandalorians, would an edit of the UTC relevant to them also be enough for them to change appearance?

I warped there from a save from the beginning of the game just after finishing up on dantooine, warped first to the hunting lodge and he was in default clothing and then to the eastern dune sea and there he was wearing the armor. I mean realistically all I wanted was for him to wear some armor in the desert so strangely enough this has worked out well.

Give his hunting lodge and kashyyyk utcs the Proficiency all feat or the heavy armor Proficiency feat.

• Like 1

Give his hunting lodge and kashyyyk utcs the Proficiency all feat or the heavy armor Proficiency feat.

That fixed it for me and honestly makes sense, cheers N-DReW25.

Also if it's not too much of a hassle I was wondering about the appearance of the 4 sith elite troopers on the 1st level of the star forge who for some reason appear as mandalorians, would an edit of the UTC relevant to them also be enough for them to change appearance?

Can't see any UTCs for troopers in the 1st level module, just Sith and droids. Could be spawned via a script maybe.

Edit: k_psta_spawnha seems to be spawning enemies from the 2nd level module (which is interesting, I didn't know you could do that):

void main() {
	int int1 = GetGlobalBoolean("K_STA_SPAWNER");
	int nGlobal = GetGlobalNumber("K_STA_HORDE");
	object oNPC = GetPartyMemberByIndex(0);
	int int5 = (Random(10) + 1);
	string string1;
	if ((int5 == 1)) {
		string1 = "sta45b_trooper";
	}
	else {
		if (((int5 == 2) || (int5 == 3))) {
			string1 = "sta45b_troope001";
		}
		else {
			if (((int5 == 4) || (int5 == 5))) {
				string1 = "k_sta_sithtrpenc";
			}
			else {
				if ((int5 == 6)) {
					string1 = "sta45b_appren001";
				}
				else {
					if (((int5 == 7) || (int5 == 8))) {
						string1 = "sta45b_appren002";
					}
					else {
						string1 = "sta45b_apprentic";
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
But looking at those UTCs, they reference the Sith Trooper appearances. Are you sure you're not seeing some appearance.2da edit/conflict there?

More than likely is a conflict due to mods, probably related to the K1 npc overhaul. How would I go about fixing that if it's even possible to fix?

You'll want to open those two MOD files with ERFEdit and extract k_psta_spawnha.ncs from sta_m45aa.mod and sta45b_trooper.utc, sta45b_troope001.utc, and k_sta_sithtrpenc.utc from sta_m45ab.mod. Check the UTCs first, see what appearance they point to.

You'll want to open those two MOD files with ERFEdit and extract k_psta_spawnha.ncs from sta_m45aa.mod and sta45b_trooper.utc, sta45b_troope001.utc, and k_sta_sithtrpenc.utc from sta_m45ab.mod. Check the UTCs first, see what appearance they point to.

Not sure if this is what you wanted...

sta45b_trooper = Sith_Soldier_1

sta45b_troope001 = Sith_Solder_1

k_sta_sithtrpenc = Sith_Soldier_02

Honestly at this point i'm just going to accept it to be a strange bug of sorts and since it doesn't seem to affect the gameplay in anyway i'll just accept it, cheers though for all of your help.