Sign in to follow this  
VarsityPuppet

Obi-Wan Movie Confirmed to be in Development

Read Me

I for one would love to see Ewan McGregor back as Obi-Wan, and of course they should try to make the movie as interesting and meaningful as possible.

What do you guys think? Do we need an Obi-Wan movie? What should it be about? Is there a better character that should have their own spin-off film? Will they CGI Alec Guinness' face onto Ewan McGregor?

Discuss

• Like 2

I would be happy with a film during TCW, I think that would be great.

I don't necessarily have an issue with it, but I just feel like the movie timeline is a bit oversaturated (but since that's the era most of the world is familiar with then I get why they're doing it). If Ewan McGregor returns then that would excite me.

• Like 1

Whatever, I loved Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan. I don't care when it takes place, as long as he's signed on, I'm stoked.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Erm.... Can't be worse than TFA and Rogue One.

TFA was quite literally crap for me. Rogue One was just boring.

I doubt McGregor would do it.

He's always been enthusiastic about the character, he'd definitely return if it was on the table.

Yeah, regardless of your opinion on the Prequel Trilogy, you cannot deny that Ewan McGregor was a perfect young Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Well since I even enjoyed the Episode 2 GBA game I'll probably have a great time watching this movie as I have with anything that has Star Wars on it. I really enjoyed McGregors performance as Obi Wan in the prequels so I'd love for him to play the part again. They could do some CGI stuff to make him look closer to McGuiness, too.  

Well since I even enjoyed the Episode 2 GBA game I'll probably have a great time watching this movie as I have with anything that has Star Wars on it. I really enjoyed McGregors performance as Obi Wan in the prequels so I'd love for him to play the part again. They could do some CGI stuff to make him look closer to McGuiness, too.  

Alternatively, they could use prosthetic makeup to make Ewan McGregor look like Sir Alec Guinness, as the use of CGI to bring back Peter Cushing and a young Carrie Fisher have been quite controversial.