Acleacius

Handmaiden for Female PC

Seems I've reached the point where this mod and RCM intersect and break, e.g. the point Handmaiden spawns to fight her sisters.

I'm not really sure what should happen, could someone explain what should happen when the Handmaiden takes the Light Side path, stunning and then breaking off combat with her sisters?

What currently happens in my game is even if you stun then break off combat or kill the sisters the door doesn't open, nor does the game switch back to the player.

Tried several variations, e.g. just using ncs files, not dlg files from HfFPC. Nor will it work correctly without the ncs files. If played without HfFPC it stops in the EB with a black screen, though you can pull up the menus to exit normally.

I understand it might be too much work from RCM content side to make them work together, is there a code, a script to edit, hack or any way to get past this point? Just hoping there is some work around here or in the HfFPC thread.

Thanks for any help. :D

Oddly I made it past the Dantooine/Academy area. Before zoning back to the ship after the Dantooine Masters meeting, was able to use KSE to change Gender to Both and then set the Boolian Global Gender to 1. Then just as the level loading screen finished at the Academy, Quick Saved before the Handmaiden walking up to her sisters cutscene.

Then when the Handmaiden fight breaks, you can just load your Quick Save run up to Atris and Kreia, click on Kreia to start the cutscene, since your inside the door doesn't close. Click on Atris to continue to your fight.

Sadly this only let me make it to Malacore where it seem to break beyond repair/hack. After the crash the screen was black, but able to access menu, Save and Reload. Found myself locked in the end level with Kreia and Scion hovering in air choking.

Kreia seem to only say we need to stand together at Dantooine before she had anything else to say. She seems very powerful holding Scion with a choke hold, while sipping tea with me. :D

Too bad the Gender Checks can't be removed, never had to actually use any of the HfFPC files except when meeting Handmaiden and Disciple, all the regular dialogs seemed to work.

Wonder if Female PC whom is set in KSE with a Global Gender of Both or Male from the beginning of the game, could make it?

Would it be possible to start as a male, then use the female skin and portrait of your choice (via KSE) to get Handmaiden and not break RCM content?

Since there is no voice for the PC (iirc), the only side effect I can think of would be the NPCs would refer to the PC as him. I guess it's possible to set Gender to Both in KSE also but not sure if that would effect or break RCM content.

Thanks for any help. ;)

BTW That's a scary new smile ion.

Might be possible. Please tell-us if your experience is concluding. Also, don't forget to change the soundset to those of a female...

MrPhil interesting you mention Soundset, never get any sound from my PC in TSL (always do in Kotor) when popping locks and such. Didn't even realize it could be set. Checking KSE there isn't a Soundset when starting as a Female or Male, not aware of any mod that would prevent it. Guessing Commoner Female is the default for PC, don't have KotOR installed to check one of those Save Games.

Here's my modified for TSL Mara Jade PC skin being used on the P_MAL_C_SML_01, changed to P_FEM_C_SML_01.

It's actually not bad having them call my "He" since I'm a male, plus a huge bonus is you don't have to put up with the males hitting on your Female PC. ;)

I can't think of a reason in the world this won't work, even ran it by Stoffe trying to ask for tips in getting Handmaiden for Female PC to work with RCM. This is my third attempt, with about 60+ hours of trying to get a Female PC with Handmaiden and RCM to End Game.

Vanilla KOTOR2 doesn't use soundsets for the PC, unlike KOTOR as you noticed.

That's nothing a mod changed, that's just how the game works.

Forget me then, I tought it did :D

Eh, I'd like to give a spin to this Mara Jade mod of your's. Where could I get that?

Forget me then, I tought it did :D

Eh, I'd like to give a spin to this Mara Jade mod of your's. Where could I get that?

Basically I'm made a hodgepodge of mods and hacked it, since I like redheads. :P

It's more of a hack, but I will send it as long as I am not breaking any rules. Here's what I did, the original Mara Jade (currently for kotor only atm, I just used on my kotor game). From trying to install it in TSL (causes a crash at creation), found it was the mdl/mdx which apparently is not compatible between kotor and TSL. So I took a mdl/mdx from Slender Body for Females (the red head I used in my last TSL game 4 years ago) to use with the Mara Jade skin in TSL. Then I made a new Lightside Portrait with Handmaiden Underware (since I really don't like the body skin underware on Mara Jade) as her outfit. Then GeorgNihilus (modder at Lucas Arts Kotor forum) offered to make some blue eyes for her when I asked. Since I only play Lightside I didn't try updating the Darkside Portraits and skins. So if none of this breaks rules I will send it or post it somewhere for you to download.

Hassat Hunter's right, all you need is Kotor Savegame Editor, thought this would be the easiest solution. This way you really don't need to worry about compatibility, well afaik. I'm going to play all the way through with the Gender setting as Male, though I'm tempted to try a game with Gender set to Both, since there are some funny lines you miss as your playing Male. One instance, Atton's line about a personal fantasy to be integrated by a woman in her underwear, might be possible to get if you set Gender to Both, but could break something like the Masters meeting on Dantooine.

This should pretty much solve the issue of compatibility for fans of Handmaiden and Female PCs. :cheer: ;)

Here's a close up of her in Creation.

I seemed to have found a solution to this problem and it seems it will work with any mods, under two minor conditions, at least until there is a Compatibility patch for this and Restoration Content. ;)

As long as you don't mind using KotOR Save Editor four times during the course of your game and you don't mind seeing a Male for the first cutscene or two. Specifically during the tutorial while your controlling T3 as you lay in the Med Bay injured and the initial Kolto tank scene. I was able to Quicksave fast enough, just before the Kolto scene. Then change the skin to Female with KSE and reload to see a female in the tank, but not everyone would want to worry about this scene.

Here's what you need to do, first start your game as the male version of your class (not sure the same class is necessary, was a safety precaution on my part). Then once you get control of your PC, save and load KSE. What you want to do is edit the Appearance Skin to Female of your choice. Even though TSL doesn't use a PC Soundset still set mine to Common Female, which gave me a few Female Battle Cries. Then set your Global Boolean Gender (already uninstalled I can't check it atm) to Female. Then there is a setting (ugg, forgot the name) that applies Gender Checks Universally, then load your Savegame and you should be female. Both Boolean settings are at the top of the list once you click to open the Boolean list.

Any custom Female skins work just remember to choose the correct skin in KSE or the correct Default Female PC your skin installed to, e.g. P_FEM_C_SML_01.

The three other times you need to use KSE is to change the Gender back to Male and the two Global Boolean settings Back to the Male for one small level each. You will NEVER need to change the skin, back to Male.

First SAVE your game while you are still OUTSIDE on the Plateau before you enter the Secret Academy, Secondly while OUTSIDE the Jedi Ruins before meeting Disciple and Thirdly again at Dantooine before you enter the Ruins to Meet the Masters.

There are some bonuses to using this method, for one thing you get all the movies to play correctly. E.g. you see Atris telling Handmaiden to go, then telling the Sisters she doesn't know why Handmaiden left and several more instances.

Good luck. :clap:

• Like 1

just because I'm a lazy cus and don't like messing around with booleans/globals (always afraid I'll break something), does anybody know how to contact the original mod's author to get permission to make it compatable?

just because I'm a lazy cus and don't like messing around with booleans/globals (always afraid I'll break something), does anybody know how to contact the original mod's author to get permission to make it compatable?

I posted this info in Stoffe's thread at Holowan Handmaiden for a female PC, if you have an account you can send a PM or maybe there is an email in the file at the FileFront posting.

I seemed to have found a solution to this problem and it seems it will work with any mods, under two minor conditions, at least until there is a Compatibility patch for this and Restoration Content. :lol:

As long as you don't mind using KotOR Save Editor four times during the course of your game and you don't mind seeing a Male for the first cutscene or two. Specifically during the tutorial while your controlling T3 as you lay in the Med Bay injured and the initial Kolto tank scene. I was able to Quicksave fast enough, just before the Kolto scene. Then change the skin to Female with KSE and reload to see a female in the tank, but not everyone would want to worry about this scene.

Here's what you need to do, first start your game as the male version of your class (not sure the same class is necessary, was a safety precaution on my part). Then once you get control of your PC, save and load KSE. What you want to do is edit the Appearance Skin to Female of your choice. Even though TSL doesn't use a PC Soundset still set mine to Common Female, which gave me a few Female Battle Cries. Then set your Global Boolean Gender (already uninstalled I can't check it atm) to Female. Then there is a setting (ugg, forgot the name) that applies Gender Checks Universally, then load your Savegame and you should be female. Both Boolean settings are at the top of the list once you click to open the Boolean list.

Any custom Female skins work just remember to choose the correct skin in KSE or the correct Default Female PC your skin installed to, e.g. P_FEM_C_SML_01.

The three other times you need to use KSE is to change the Gender back to Male and the two Global Boolean settings Back to the Male for one small level each. You will NEVER need to change the skin, back to Male.

First SAVE your game while you are still OUTSIDE on the Plateau before you enter the Secret Academy, Secondly while OUTSIDE the Jedi Ruins before meeting Disciple and Thirdly again at Dantooine before you enter the Ruins to Meet the Masters.

There are some bonuses to using this method, for one thing you get all the movies to play correctly. E.g. you see Atris telling Handmaiden to go, then telling the Sisters she doesn't know why Handmaiden left and several more instances.

Good luck. :)

OK. I've got this mostly to work. I'm just hitting some glitches right now.

Started with PC as male, as indicated. I changed appearance and gender to female, and added SoundSet: Commoner_Female for battle cries (Awesome!). 000_PLAYER_GENDER = 0, I suppose this is the universal gender check. I didn't find the mysterious other boolean the OP mentioned.

Got to Telos Academy, switched gender to GENDER_MALE, left appearance, changed 000_PLAYER_GENDER to 1 Yes. The academy goes off just fine, though if anyone was having problems with gender in the speeches later on with the Handmaiden and female exile, they don't hold a candle to what the Handmaiden implies Atris had done with the MALE exile.

I get to the Ebon Hawk, and I can't leave. I fire up the KSE, change the gender and boolean back to previous, still can't leave. I change Numeric 262TEL_Escape_Telos from 0 to 1, come back and I'm on the Ebon Hawk, with cutscenes from Atton/T3, Atton/Bao-Dur, Bao-Dur/T3, but no council scene and no Handmaiden.

I like this option because I like playing female exile and the Disciple is a waste of flesh.

I get to the Ebon Hawk, and I can't leave. I fire up the KSE, change the gender and boolean back to previous, still can't leave. I change Numeric 262TEL_Escape_Telos from 0 to 1, come back and I'm on the Ebon Hawk, with cutscenes from Atton/T3, Atton/Bao-Dur, Bao-Dur/T3, but no council scene and no Handmaiden.

The missing council cutscene suggests that you may have hit another bug, entirely not related with the sex reassignment you've attempted. If you fought the handmaidens *after* you spoke to Atris, your companions were forcibly removed from the party and placed next to the training mat to act as bystanders. After the fight they'll just sit there and you can't interact with them. I'm not aware of any solution to this problem, short of reloading an earlier save. I've experienced this both in vanilla and with TSLRCM 1.7 installed. So, make sure you have your companions with you when you board the Ebon Hawk and correct the above glitch if necessary.

Hope this helps.

The missing council cutscene suggests that you may have hit another bug, entirely not related with the sex reassignment you've attempted. If you fought the handmaidens *after* you spoke to Atris, your companions were forcibly removed from the party and placed next to the training mat to act as bystanders. After the fight they'll just sit there and you can't interact with them. I'm not aware of any solution to this problem, short of reloading an earlier save. I've experienced this both in vanilla and with TSLRCM 1.7 installed. So, make sure you have your companions with you when you board the Ebon Hawk and correct the above glitch if necessary.

Hope this helps.

I'll try it. I just started a new game after reinstalling the game and the mods I wanted. I was running into parts that weren't consistent with 1.7, so some cruft might have been left over from applying the handmaiden4femaleexile mod. Handmaiden's face doesn't look right when she steals the EB, and ran into the "Drop your weapons" bug at the beginning of Telos Academy. I'll see how this run-through goes. Thanks!

Guest Kuruderu_8527

I really hope the guys doing TSLRCM would incorporate the Handmaiden for Females mod into TSLRCM, just as a selectable option during install.. eg "Install TSLRCM" and "Install TSLRCM with Handmaiden for females enabled" options in a dropdown or radiobutton selector.

I think that would make a number of us enthusiast happy (i have no modding skills myself so i can´t make it work on my own)