Sign in to follow this  
Guest angelofunny

Mandalore War/Jedi Civil War

Guest angelofunny

So, I have an idea for a mod for kotor. Now, I know that this request is a little insane, but I have no semblance of modding ability whatsoever. If I could make this mod, I would. Basically, I was thinking of a mod where it's kind of a Pre-kotor mod, in which you play as Revan from the beginning of his padawan training to the point where his memory is erased by the council. This is kind of done in Brotherhood Of Shadow, but I mean a very expansive version in the style of kotor itself. (Choosing Jedi Classes, Training as Revan, basically everything in the kotor style.) Basically, you would complete your Jedi training as Revan and then continue on doing everything Revan did from that point to the ending of kotor. I don't really expect anyone to actually do this, but I do think this is a very interesting idea that I would love to see a mod on.

Side Note: I do not know most of the details of revan's jedi training or anything so you might have to do a little bit of digging or make it up yourself depending on if there's details on it.

post-31445-0-18130700-1488689301_thumb.gif

So, I have an idea for a mod for kotor. Now, I know that this request is a little insane, but I have no semblance of modding ability whatsoever. If I could make this mod, I would. Basically, I was thinking of a mod where it's kind of a Pre-kotor mod, in which you play as Revan from the beginning of his padawan training to the point where his memory is erased by the council. This is kind of done in Brotherhood Of Shadow, but I mean a very expansive version in the style of kotor itself. (Choosing Jedi Classes, Training as Revan, basically everything in the kotor style.) Basically, you would complete your Jedi training as Revan and then continue on doing everything Revan did from that point to the ending of kotor. I don't really expect anyone to actually do this, but I do think this is a very interesting idea that I would love to see a mod on.

Side Note: I do not know most of the details of revan's jedi training or anything so you might have to do a little bit of digging or make it up yourself depending on if there's details on it.

UuLN0e0.gif

The only details of Revan pre-K1 that I know of are taken from the Knights of the Old Republic comic series, and that mostly focuses on Malek 'Squint'. All it visually shows of Revan are when he/she took a mask to commemorate her/his goal to defeat the Mandalorians after their attack on the Cathar (the issue was called "Masks" in case you were interested)..

You can also learn some from Kreia if you have enough influence during Kotor2.

Frankly there isn't enough to make a full game, and there is basically nothing for Revan before being a full Jedi, but if you pull some background detail from the comic series and possibly some info from what characters say in K1 and K2, you could make a fairly interesting story.

Guest angelofunny

Good luck with the Conversion mod ;) You have it to do all way alone...

I thank you good sir for your extremely valuable input, thank you for telling me something so valuable... this feedback is priceless. Thank you very much. I love you. Please marry me. :offtopic:

The only details of Revan pre-K1 that I know of are taken from the Knights of the Old Republic comic series, and that mostly focuses on Malek 'Squint'. All it visually shows of Revan are when he/she took a mask to commemorate her/his goal to defeat the Mandalorians after their attack on the Cathar (the issue was called "Masks" in case you were interested)..

You can also learn some from Kreia if you have enough influence during Kotor2.

Frankly there isn't enough to make a full game, and there is basically nothing for Revan before being a full Jedi, but if you pull some background detail from the comic series and possibly some info from what characters say in K1 and K2, you could make a fairly interesting story.

Thank you for actually trying to help me, I didn't expect to actually get a helpful comment :welcome:

I thank you good sir for your extremely valuable input, thank you for telling me something so valuable... this feedback is priceless. Thank you very much. I love you. Please marry me. :offtopic:

Thank you for actually trying to help me, I didn't expect to actually get a helpful comment :welcome:

No problem. :)

The meat of this community is our willingness to help each other. You will find many helpful tutorials on scripting and level creation should you decide to take up modding, yourself. There are also many tools and tutorials to run them that you will require.

This request may take a very long time, and even if you get a team that agrees to do it, bear in mind that this can be an incredibly stressful endeavor which tends to take several years of work on average.

The trick is to have a realistic or at least planned scope for your story, dialogue, and gameplay; and to understand you will be using many different techniques of which will have physical limitations as Odyssey is a rather fickle engine.

Otherwise, good luck on your mod. We will be around the forums if you have any questions on how to use the many tools required to mod these games.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150925100257/http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=207884

I just tell you the rules, sorry for that... but it is a good rule indeed :P I didn't made the rules, that was Holowan ;)

I highly doubt you meant to create such a negative response.

The thing is, the thread in Hollowan refers to the mindset you have to have for your own sake, as making or managing a full conversion mod can be incredibly draining.

It says nothing about what we as community members should do to help, since that has more to do with our personal choices as a community, and less to do with the vision-holder's frame of mind.

English is his second language. He was not trying to be malicious; he simply didn't fully* understand what you were saying. I don't know why you felt the need to be so sarcastic. 

I wonder if it would be more simple to follow BOS:SR's example and just add a few flashbacks with battles, important converstations between Revan and others such as Kreia, Master Zhar, Malek (as a jedi), Meetra Sulik, and Saul Karath, that seems a bit more doable. 

I'm sorry that i am speaking German and with the Dialect of Styrian, the thing is, it is normal, to be different... hmph... i think that wasn't teached... that's okay Sonny. (Yes the Sonny was from Jolee, it's still not funny i guess.). I  think, if DeadlyStream would say "No differences between members" then we all would be banned on the next day.

Guest angelofunny

Sorry crash, didn't get the context of your comment XD, thought you were saying that i wasn't going to get any help in a bad way lol

Sorry crash, didn't get the context of your comment XD, thought you were saying that i wasn't going to get any help in a bad way lol

No problem, just wanted to help with posting the rules. xD