HaloGirlAsh117

K-KAO "Komplete KotOR Audio Overhaul" - need some help please.

Hey so could somebody look into what it takes to get music files to play from the 'streammusic' folder. I re-exported all my new music files from audacity as wav files but they wont play ingame. not sure whats wrong.

Hey so could somebody look into what it takes to get music files to play from the 'streammusic' folder. I re-exported all my new music files from audacity as wav files but they wont play ingame. not sure whats wrong.

- StreamMusic & StreamVoices has compressed .mp3 files renamed to .wav. If renamed back to .mp3 they still play fine, and (untested, correct me if I'm wrong) I assume if they were raw .wav they would still play fine.

This is for TSL, but it may be true for k1 as well, in which case try it as renamed mp3.

Thanks for that post.. it helped me to figure out the issue.

Because my waveform audio is processed in 'Reaper' and my MIDI form audio is rendered in 'Ableton' which i then render down the comp of midi tracks into a single waveform track and combine with the other waveform tracks in Reaper... It means once i rendered my audio as a .wav in reaper... i had to import and re-export it through Ableton into a ableton encoded .wav file. then re-export from audacity as .wav and THEN convert to .mp3 using freestudiosuite.  any other way and its just silent... what a nightmare..  :coffee:

Because my waveform audio is processed in 'Reaper' and my MIDI form audio is rendered in 'Ableton' which i then render down the comp of midi tracks into a single waveform track and combine with the other waveform tracks in Reaper... It means once i rendered my audio as a .wav in reaper... i had to import and re-export it through Ableton into a ableton encoded .wav file. then re-export from audacity as .wav and THEN convert to .mp3 using freestudiosuite.  any other way and its just silent... what a nightmare..  :coffee:

No idea what that means :) At least you fixed it. This will be a cool mod when done.

Wouldn't exporting as .mp3 directly from audacity work as well?

It's been a while since I gave anyone an update on this little side project of mine. Long story short... it's well under way. I'm about half done with all the sounds and the music is pretty much fully finished, but I've had to put this and many other things on the back burner for a bit while I renovate my new place before I move in as well as having to finish building my car so I can re-insure it and put it back on the road.

I'll be sure to drop a post here when I'm back to working on this. It shouldn't be too long - a couple months at most before I'm working on it again. Hang tight guys, don't worry. This isn't something I'm going to bail on. I love this game too damn much to do that... besides.. I've invested too much into it to quit now.  :D

• Like 5