MrArg

I'm So Lonely... Interesting KSE Error / Issue (cross post from reddit, as per their suggestion)

Have been toying around with Kotor 1 lately, making my own weapons, armours, adding it to the game, simple stuff. When I went to add a new item to a save, and add more of a custom item already there, I got the following error:

Error msg: Can't call method ''writeField'' on unblessed reference at Bioware/GFF.pm line 925.

Click Ok, gives me details, load game back up to see if everything is ok with save file. (I can post picture of the error details later) Edit: Details: http://imgur.com/6X2dkcu

Looks ok at first, but when I load in I notice I have no party members (and all items they had on them are gone), all party portraits blacked out on select screen, party XP was reset to 0 (but mine wasn't), all my quests are gone, game time has reset to 00:00, KSE says I have used 0 cheats (where before it said I had used a number), and all options settings have set to default.

Everything about my character seems fine though. As well, when I go interact with quest characters (this happened on Korriban btw), they talk as if their quests haven't changed. For instance, I talk to the rodian outside the cantina about the spice shipment on the ebon hawk before this error occurred. I talk to him after and he says hey, where's the spice? so the game thinks I still have all the quests, even though it doesn't show.

So while I was bummed out to have lost progress on a playthrough I was invested in, I may be able to go on. Exactly how far? I dunno, we'll see if the game crashes out at some point.

As for the items that I added, the one that seems to be the culprit is not too modded/have weird features; nothing beyond what a standard weapon already in the game would have. i know it was this item because asking kse to commit changes with other additions were successful.

If anyone has advice for how to fix this I'm all ears. Thanks!

Have been toying around with Kotor 1 lately, making my own weapons, armours, adding it to the game, simple stuff. When I went to add a new item to a save, and add more of a custom item already there, I got the following error:

Error msg: Can't call method ''writeField'' on unblessed reference at Bioware/GFF.pm line 925.

Click Ok, gives me details, load game back up to see if everything is ok with save file. (I can post picture of the error details later) Edit: Details: http://imgur.com/6X2dkcu

Looks ok at first, but when I load in I notice I have no party members (and all items they had on them are gone), all party portraits blacked out on select screen, party XP was reset to 0 (but mine wasn't), all my quests are gone, game time has reset to 00:00, KSE says I have used 0 cheats (where before it said I had used a number), and all options settings have set to default.

Everything about my character seems fine though. As well, when I go interact with quest characters (this happened on Korriban btw), they talk as if their quests haven't changed. For instance, I talk to the rodian outside the cantina about the spice shipment on the ebon hawk before this error occurred. I talk to him after and he says hey, where's the spice? so the game thinks I still have all the quests, even though it doesn't show.

So while I was bummed out to have lost progress on a playthrough I was invested in, I may be able to go on. Exactly how far? I dunno, we'll see if the game crashes out at some point.

As for the items that I added, the one that seems to be the culprit is not too modded/have weird features; nothing beyond what a standard weapon already in the game would have. i know it was this item because asking kse to commit changes with other additions were successful.

If anyone has advice for how to fix this I'm all ears. Thanks!

Have you heard to always backup your saves before you edit them? By what you mentioned, I assume you're PARTYTABLE.res has been somehow changed to the state where you have no party members. It also cleaned your journal, but many things are done through special variables - a variable for this quest with a Rodian is still set to active, just your journal was wiped.

Even if I'm correct, which is probably quite unlikely, sorry to say that, I don't know how to fix that. I just haven't used KSE before.

Your error message is probably a missing icon. KSE chucks a fit when it finds items with no icon. Otherwise, some other issue it flakes out over, like item type. Your in-game issue doesn't sound like something that simply adding an item should cause. What else have you been messing with?

Actually superSzym got the closest. The error message was given by the GFF library, which is in charge of handling accessing, editing, and saving any file in the GFF format (which happens to be most of the save-game formats involved). When the error was thrown at you, KSE stopped saving the game and you likely ended up with some blank files or files that didn't even exist. Hence the general chaos now.

As to what actually caused your issue, I'd need to see the KSE_Log.txt and KSE_Error.txt, but I'm going to guess that you added the item like normal and then tried to add more copies of it by adding it as if it were a new item. Instead of doing that, you can open the Inventory branch and find your item, then click on it. From here, you can edit the quantity of the item in the right-hand pane.

Actually superSzym got the closest. The error message was given by the GFF library, which is in charge of handling accessing, editing, and saving any file in the GFF format (which happens to be most of the save-game formats involved). When the error was thrown at you, KSE stopped saving the game and you likely ended up with some blank files or files that didn't even exist. Hence the general chaos now.

As to what actually caused your issue, I'd need to see the KSE_Log.txt and KSE_Error.txt, but I'm going to guess that you added the item like normal and then tried to add more copies of it by adding it as if it were a new item. Instead of doing that, you can open the Inventory branch and find your item, then click on it. From here, you can edit the quantity of the item in the right-hand pane.

Ahh gotcha.

That's exactly what I did when adding the item. I usually add them the way you suggested, but I had a brain fart in the moment.

Have you heard to always backup your saves before you edit them? By what you mentioned, I assume you're PARTYTABLE.res has been somehow changed to the state where you have no party members. It also cleaned your journal, but many things are done through special variables - a variable for this quest with a Rodian is still set to active, just your journal was wiped.

Even if I'm correct, which is probably quite unlikely, sorry to say that, I don't know how to fix that. I just haven't used KSE before.

I'm usually good about backing up, was being hasty this time, bit me in the ass. I'll look into that, thanks!