Snigaroo

Full Workaround for "DisableVertexBufferOptions" in TSL Steam Update

Have you played the original xbox version? I'd much rather set up a custom Dual Shock 4 layout and use that to play Kotor than the joke that they refer to as "controller support"

As a fan of the original xbox, the added controller support from Aspyr was disappointing :(

• Like 1

As a fan of the original xbox, the added controller support from Aspyr was disappointing :(

Personally I don't understand why we don't have the option of rebinding buttons. 

For some of us, time is a factor. I'd rather spend my free time playing, instead of trying to get something to work.

That's pretty much what I said. Some prefer to spent their time playing rather than getting something to work, for others like me getting it to work is fun in itself. I think time is a factor for everyone nowadays, I just actually enjoy spending some of mine with solving problems.

Personally I don't understand why we don't have the option of rebinding buttons. 

For me, the button layout isn't the problem (you can use software like 360ce to rebind controller buttons for all games), it's that the way you control it is god awful. Having to constantly force the game to go from the item bar to the combat action bar is really annoying. I honestly had more fun using a mouse bound to the right analog stick for combat or using the Dualshock 4's touchpad as a mouse.

Don't assume. I played the OG Xbox versions for years until roughly 2014. 

I don't use the Widescreen custom hacks because in my experience, especially in K1- they're terrible. 

I wasn't looking to offend anyone. I was just really disappointed by the update and was just curious as to why people were using it as I saw no advantage whatsoever. As I said, I always managed to get widescreen to work, besides lots of issues when I tried to set it up on my old 720p TV. That goes for both uniws and flawless, I also never had to change any ingame settings due to widescreen... But I guess others might and I can see how not everyone would wish to invest the time to get it to work. 

Again I wasn't trying to offend you, I just figured you had never played it on an Xbox if you thought the new controller support was fine. I find it quiet unplayable tbh. I also wasn't implying that you weren't using many mods (or whatever is the reason for you feeling like you have to post your mod list), I was just saying that some people may enjoy convenience (out of the box widescreen, steamwork shop etc.) while others might not mind having to put in some extra time. Of course installing mods is always a lot of work and if you feel like I implied that you were lazy then I do apologise for that.

• Like 1

The update is an inconvenience in my opinion, I have had so many issues with older mods on the update that I dropped the update around the third or fourth day it was released (And I mean the game runs smoother with a keyboard and mouse anyway. Heck, The game on the PC was customized to work fully with mouse only, and the widescreen hacks are more than capable of doing the job (and IMO, it doesnt take too much tinkering to sort out, only takes 3-4 minutes once you have a patform)).

The update is an inconvenience in my opinion, I have had so many issues with older mods on the update that I dropped the update around the third or fourth day it was released (And I mean the game runs smoother with a keyboard and mouse anyway. Heck, The game on the PC was customized to work fully with mouse only, and the widescreen hacks are more than capable of doing the job (and IMO, it doesnt take too much tinkering to sort out, only takes 3-4 minutes once you have a patform)).

Nonsense, you can set it back to how it was beforehand anyway- by selecting Legacy PC version under the Betas tab.

Sorting out Widescreen on K2 is much easier on the original version than it is for K1 I'd say- but I'll always prefer official support. 

Nonsense, you can set it back to how it was beforehand anyway- by selecting Legacy PC version under the Betas tab.

Sorting out Widescreen on K2 is much easier on the original version than it is for K1 I'd say- but I'll always prefer official support. 

Yes, the only good thing about the update - the legacy PC version under the betas tab  ;)

Yes, the only good thing about the update - the legacy PC version under the betas tab  ;)

Genuinely, there were many good things that the update incurred- 

-Much deserved attention for TSLRCM. (Can't be emphasised enough.)

-The Steam KOTOR:TSL workshop while we had some ownership problems and inane comments there;

has overall been beneficial in exposing modding possibilities to the general public and therefore creating more mods and modders by proxy. 

-Cloud Saves

-NATIVE Controller Support (Which is far from perfect but fine once you get used to it IMO.)

-NATIVE Widescreen Support

-NATIVE Support for 4K & 5K- Not that you need it right now, but you will later on down the line.