Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

The galaxy map of the astrogation system is false

Vanilla bug

In the genus "Correcting mistakes most flagrant, " the galactic map is wrong. But I do not know if it's a big job to fix it.

If using canonical material (Star Wars - The essential Atlas), the planets "Telos" and "Peragus II" are not at all at their places.

Coordinates of the planets on the map

Telos IV - Q4

Citadel - Q4

Peragrus II - Q4

Onderon - O9

Dxun - O9

M4-78 - O9

Nar Shaddaa - S12

Dantooine - L4

Korriban - R5

Malachor V - S4

carte_galactique_580.gif

And Dantooine should be moved to the left.

carte_galactique_complete.gif

TTLan

I have already fixed this, quite some time ago... I will release it as a mod later today then...

Mods that add planets could always fill the other side of the map . . .

However, those do add planets should probably consider that many may not Bead-V's mod so those folks should try not position those new planets where the planets are in the vanilla set-up.

We do not imagine, we no longer imagine playing at Kotor 2 without TSLRCM.

If the mod is done, can it be incorporated into TSLRCM?

Thus, there would be only one reference for the open spaces.

Guest Bob Ta'aar

Ah, thanks for bringing this up, ttlan. This was something that bugged me always too. I'd totally go for your mod, bead-v.

Whether it should be incorporated into TSLRCM is debatable, I guess, as it doesn't really have anything to do with the game, but with a canonical understandig of the Star Wars galaxy map :(.

If it's an independent mod, it'll be far easier for user of other planet-mods (you can just not install it, if it has a planet at the same place).

Whether it should be incorporated into TSLRCM is debatable, I guess, as it doesn't really have anything to do with the game, but with a canonical understandig of the Star Wars galaxy map :(.

If it's an independent mod, it'll be far easier for user of other planet-mods (you can just not install it, if it has a planet at the same place).

That's exactly what I think. Some may even think it's better to have planets evenly spread out through the map even though it isn't canonical.. I think it's one of those things that should remain optional.

That's exactly what I think. Some may even think it's better to have planets evenly spread out through the map even though it isn't canonical.. I think it's one of those things that should remain optional.

Ok for a separate mod (where is it?).

A question :

I am not aware of all mods made for K2. Is there some who add one or many planets?

Ok for a separate mod (where is it?).

Look here: TSL Galaxy Map Fix

A question :

I am not aware of all mods made for K2. Is there some who add one or many planets?

Well, Coruscant has been available for download since 2007. M4-78 has already been covered in your entry. Of course, it isn't compatible with TSLRCM yet. Other planets have been discussed often but I'm not sure if any of them have been released yet. Others might PM you information about their Work In Progress planet mods if they are so inclined.

M4-78 has already been covered in your entry. Of course, it isn't compatible with TSLRCM yet.

I do appreciate this "yet". It sounds so pretty to my ears.

I do appreciate this "yet". It sounds so pretty to my ears.

It'll happen . . . eventually. No one should ask for a release date because - well - that never works in the TSL community! :)

ttlan, I'm guessing you've already found it in the downloads section...

About the other planets, I have also corrected the position of m4-78. For any other planet the author of the planet mod must place the planet at the right location. Also if you're using this mod with another planet mod, it's safest to install this mod last (there is still a chance it might not work, but only under the condition that the author removed something in the gui file that was originally there, though that is very unlikely). The other way around might work, but it is not guaranteed.