Char

Crash after leaving Taris

I'm experiencing some kind of bug, when i defeat davik and calo and i get inside the ebon hawk the normal leviathan passing by video plays. The problem is that afterwards instead of getting the normal in-game video with Malak telling Saul to continue bombing Taris i get my characters inside the leviathan and everyone is shooting at each other. I'm thinking this has something to do with files i modded (which are mostly utcs). Any clue on which are causing this? Already tried taking out the leviathan modified files but those didn't fix the problem.

I guess the easiest way would be by knowing which files do those videos use.

I can't see how a .utc file could cause this.

It's more likely that the on enter script for the leviathan bridge stunt module is missing / has been edited or that the .dlg for the scene has issues. But without knowing which of the thousands of KotOR files you edited it's almost impossible to help.

I think i fixed it. I am not using any mods sans utc and uti files i modded myself for added difficulty. After carefully taking stuff from the override folder and putting it back based on locations i finally found the utcs that were causing issues. "n_sithcomf002.utc" and "n_sithcomm002.utc" were causing this after being modified (and only their stats at that). It is very curious. Any ideas on why it caused it and if there are any other files which may cause bugs like this as well?

(Both of those technicians appeared hostile in the leviathan and started attacking everyone, corrupting the in-game cutscene it seems. The main party is included in that cutscene, even if the camera tries to avoid seeing them, you can see them though if you look carefully.)

I would guess that those two .utcs are used differently in multiple modules, so when you extracted them from one module, edited them and placed them in the Override you changed them in all modules. So it could be that they're set to friendly or neutral in the stunt module but the version you edited and placed in the Override folder is set to hostile, so those in the stunt module were also set to hostile. Or something similar is going on.

So to check, pack the .utcs in a .mod of the module you got them from and see if they still screw up the cutscene.