Knights of the Old Republic - Seikan's Armors of the Old Republic 2.2
----------------------------------------

AUTHOR: Seikan
EMAIL: chanes340@hotmail.fr
RELEASE: December 2016

Description
6 years after the first release, I present to you a complete rework of my old mod “Seikan’s Armors of the Old republic”, a complete rework on the textures was done, along with the addition to the items in-game.

This mod add a new set of armors, using the Darth Bandon's model as male model, and Bastilla's model as female model. These armors will replace the Revan robes row in the appearance.2da. It also adds a set of mandalorian helmets, sith trooper helmets, and a new model for Tulak Hord's mask.
Changes in 2.2 version
-Fixes bug of Endar Spire beginning footlocker containing Revan’s armor instead of the beginning loot allowing you
to progress in the game. Revan’s armor is now located along with Mandalore the Ultimate’s armor.
-Fixes the bug of the mandalorian warrior armor not appearing on Jagi.
-Fixes the issue of Caucasian female characters having the wrong textures attributed to it.
-Removes a useless entry on the TSL patcher that caused it to report an error though there was no real issue.
New Items Checklist
- Revan's Armor
- Darth Revan's Armor
- Mandalorian Warrior Armor (blue)
- Mandalorian Sergeant Armor (red)
- Cassus Fett Battle Armor (yellow)
- Mandalore The Ultimate's Armor
- Sithmaster-armor
- Darth Bandon's Fiber Armor
- Tulak Hord's Robe
- Tulak Hord's Mask
- Neo Crusader Hemlet (blue)
- Neo Crusaders Helmet (red)
- Cassus Fett Battle Hemlet (yellow)
- Female Neo Crusader Hemlet (blue)
- Female Neo Crusader Hemlet (red)
- Female Cassus Fett Battle Hemlet (yellow)
- Sith Hemlet
- Female Sith Hemlet

How to Install This Mod
- Run the TSL patcher, and select your game directory.
Location of the items

- Darth Revan's Armor : Naga Sadow tomb.

- Mandalorian Warrior Armor (blue)
Neo Crusader Hemlet (blue)
Female Neo Crusader Hemlet (blue): Dropped by Jagi

- Mandalorian Sergeant Armor (red)
Female Neo Crusader Hemlet (red)
Neo Crusaders Helmet (red): Dropped by Mandalorian commander in the Shadowlands

- Cassus Fett Battle Armor (yellow)
Cassus Fett Battle Hemlet (yellow)
Female Cassus Fett Battle Hemlet (yellow): Sold at the usual spot (Dantooine)

- Revan's Armor
Mandalore The Ultimate's Armor: Found in The Krayt Dragon lair.

- Sithmaster-armor
Sith Hemlet
Female Sith Hemlet: Taris Governor

- Darth Bandon's Fiber Armor: Self explanatory.

- Tulak Hord's Robe
Tulak Hord's Mask : Self explanatory.

Contact Info
- Email all questions or comments to: chanes340@hotmail.fr, or contact me through Deadlystream, Username: Seikan
Terms of Use
- Altering the contents of this mod is permitted only for your own personal usage.
- You are not allowed to use the resources included in this package for other released mods without my consent. (which you’ll most likely have, just ask me, I just like to know what’s being done with my mod)
Credits
Models, skins, idea: Seikan
Rework on Tulak Hord’s mask model and mapping: xander2077

Special Thanks
- Thanks to those who took the time and effort to create the tools required to mod KOTOR. Without those, none of this would have been possible.
- Thanks to Holowan Labs for all the help and support through the development process of the earlier version.
- Thanks to Illy-chan, who suggested me to use Bastilla’s model for the female version of the armors.
-Thanks to xander2077 Who did a nice overhaul of Tulak Hord’s mask, which is now part of this mod.
Additional Notes
-There are male and female helmets, since it needs to modify the appearance of the character. So if you wear a female helmet with a male you will be changed into a female.

-The helmets will change you into a white character, so if you wear underwear while using one of the helmets, your character will be changed to a white character.

-If you wear a helmet during a "star map vision",, or the Revan revelation you will have a really ugly face, that's normal, otherwise, there would be pieces of head, getting out all over the helmets, so I’d advise you to take them off before such scenes.

-Since I’m a little bit short of time I haven’t had the time to test the mod myself, so there might be a few bugs here and there, if you find any I’d appreciate if you contact me, I’ll try getting a fix for it ready.

-Compatibility wise, it obviously won't be compatible with mods modifying the same files (Revan robes models, Jagi, Tulak Hords sarcophagus and mask, Taris Governor etc....)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/05/2016
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible

• Like 1

I just uploaded a new version with some bug fixes, since i had had rush it before leaving to study abroad and didn't had a computer for quite a while.

And I wanted to ask if the "files has been reported as broken" tag would be automatically removed ( there were  some major bugs like it not working on Caucasian females, but funny enough, it was tagged for an old useless entry on the TSL patcher which resulted in an error during the install but had no real impact...)

I see that now most of the helmets have been removed. Can we hope that they will be returned in next versions and changed into normal masks instead of disguises? And I see that now Mandalore's helmet is gone and to me, Mandalore's armor without his mask doesn't make sense. It would be really nice for those all helmets to be returned.

EDIT: I now see that Revan's and Darth Revan's mask were never present in this mod, yet it still would be nice to return the Mandalore's helmet and make the Mandalorian and Sith helmets not working like disguises. I think getting rid of clipping issues would be possible, especially considering the fact that Tulak Hord's mask does cover the upper head and there are no clipping issues present. Otherwise, maybe it would be possible to do something like in Kreia's Assorted Robes mod that on a specific person, a specific appearance.2da entry is chosen so there aren't any skin color inconsistencies.

Mandalore's helmet was never on the mod either it comes from Solomon's revenge, i just use a slightly modified texture for it, so there's actually nothing to "return"", but yeah maybe i should write it more clearly in the description that Revan and Mandalore's masks aren't included in the mod itself since i guess most people don't really check the "new items checklist".

Regarding the clipping, Tulak Hord's mask is a mask not a helmet, it only covers the front of the face so it's easy to avoid clipping issues considering it's shape, the helmets would have to be made considerably larger to avoid clipping with every male male and let's not even talk about females with long hair which would inevitably clipp somewhere (sadly there's not a "hide hair" option for helmets as in NWN), that increase in size would mean a change to the style and feel of the helmets that i would consider more detrimental to what i'm aiming for with them than the fact that if your PC isn't Caucasian and you decide to walk around in the character's underwear while wearing the helmet (situation that i consider very unlikely) it will have white skin. 

And regarding Kreia's assorted robes, i don't really where you want to get at with it, it's a completely different circumstance, my mod already have different entries for different characters where it matters (mostly female version of Tulak Hord's robe), the only problem with skin colors comes when the helmets applying the disguise are worn since they disguise you into a specific appearance with a specific skin color (i could try making a full body underwear and just not show the skin color at all though, but at the time it wasn't a priority and i didn't really had the time), and Kotor's system isn't versatile enough to make the effect of the disguise property vary depending on the original appearance of the character (unless messing with scripts and really complicated matters for a rather minor problem).

Mandalore's helmet was never on the mod either it comes from Solomon's revenge, i just use a slightly modified texture for it, so there's actually nothing to "return"", but yeah maybe i should write it more clearly in the description that Revan and Mandalore's masks aren't included in the mod itself since i guess most people don't really check the "new items checklist".

Regarding the clipping, Tulak Hord's mask is a mask not a helmet, it only covers the front of the face so it's easy to avoid clipping issues considering it's shape, the helmets would have to be made considerably larger to avoid clipping with every male male and let's not even talk about females with long hair which would inevitably clipp somewhere (sadly there's not a "hide hair" option for helmets as in NWN), that increase in size would mean a change to the style and feel of the helmets that i would consider more detrimental to what i'm aiming for with them than the fact that if your PC isn't Caucasian and you decide to walk around in the character's underwear while wearing the helmet (situation that i consider very unlikely) it will have white skin. 

And regarding Kreia's assorted robes, i don't really where you want to get at with it, it's a completely different circumstance, my mod already have different entries for different characters where it matters (mostly female version of Tulak Hord's robe), the only problem with skin colors comes when the helmets applying the disguise are worn since they disguise you into a specific appearance with a specific skin color (i could try making a full body underwear and just not show the skin color at all though, but at the time it wasn't a priority and i didn't really had the time), and Kotor's system isn't versatile enough to make the effect of the disguise property vary depending on the original appearance of the character (unless messing with scripts and really complicated matters for a rather minor problem).

But having male and female helmets is quite problematic, and Mandalore's Helmet covers the full head and I haven't seen any clipping issues.

But having male and female helmets is quite problematic, and Mandalore's Helmet covers the full head and I haven't seen any clipping issues.

I completely agree. 

I completely agree. 

Believe me i'd really enjoy being able to have only one item for male and female, but i'd really affect the general aesthetics of it, Mandalore's mask is a *mask* the only reason it looks like a helmet is because my character is PMHC01 with a shaved head, but it really doesn't cover anything other than the face.

There is a reason why there's almost no helmets mods out there and why the game itself only have masks, in order to have a helmet that doesn't clip with any of the playable heads it would have to be oversized, so besides helmets that are oversized in design to begin with (like motorcyclist helmets, the bucket heads, or clone troopers (http://mandalorianhunters.weebly.com/uploads/2/1/7/2/2172855/280040_orig.jpg) and even those still clip with some of the female heads), it's pretty impossible to avoid clipping and have a good looking helmet with good proportions, imagine fitting a head inside the kotor maldalorian's helmet without clipping.

Between the choice of completely change the proportions of the helmets found in game (Sith troopers and Mandalorians) to something i consider to be ugly and still have clipping with some of the heads, and the small inconvenience of having two items, one for female and one for males, i decided i'd rather go for the second option and completely get rid of the clipping issue, and I have no intention of changing it until someone presents me a better option. (and no I don't consider pointing to masks you haven't even tested in-game and say they don't have clipping issues assuming it's a helmet while it's a masks only covering the face a "better opinion".)