JCarter426

JC's WIP (Now taking requests)

I agree with that. Most people are interested in the actual machine than the new crystals anyway but you could work on the new crystals as a later update or addon mod when you get the chance to fix whatever broke.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:49 AM, darthbdaman said:

Master Arca's robes are named in the middle of a bunch of entries about Dxun and Mandalore's Armor. What became Arca Jeth's robe was originally called the Sunrider Robe, which is distinct from Nomi's Robe, which was mentioned in the same spot.

I've actually made mods on those items you are referring to. Arca Jeth's robes existed as some sort of placeholder item in the 401dxn module, along with other items, and where called "Master Arca's Robes" and had totally different stats. I restored these cut stats in this mod but kept the original name, price and texture.

I would guess Arca's robe is among the Dxun content because it might've been placed there in an earlier version, maybe before they added it to the random loot or for the E3 demo. Although, I don't believe it's possible to even acquire it in the original game due to bugs in the loot system.

I am fairly confident Arca's Robes are in the random loot because the Master Arca Robes in the Dxun placeholders is entirely separate from the actual vanilla robe, if the vanilla Arca's robe wasn't in the loot in vanilla it definitely would be in TSLRCM.

Also nearly all of those other Dxun placeholder items I've restored with my Dxun/Onderon Item Restoration Pack, most them where done except for some descriptions which I wrote up for them and the stats of some of them where horrible so I added a "Booster Pack Addon" to make them at least useable for the player. (I also restored an unused Pilot Texture for one of the items shown on the page)

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1334-dxun-and-onderon-item-restoration-pack/ 

The Zeison Sha and Jal Shey Armors were originally described as heavy robes. I wonder if the original intention was for them to use the master robe model instead. The Jal Shey Advisor armor was originally the Jaly Shey Student Robe.

There's a reference to Jedi Armor and Dark Jedi Armor, with the description that Jedi would wear armor under robes, and that mobility would be sacrificed. This seems to be the early version of the Jedi Armors.

I got a feeling these are all related, perhaps a third robe tier was to be added which would be the armoured robe (It'd go something like Jedi Padawan Robe, Jedi Armor, Jedi Master Robe) but it was modified into the Zeison Sha armour with the weird skirt thing. Something called "restrictive robe" exists in the baseitems.2da and it is essentially Jedi Padawan Robes with a max dex of 5.    

I'm fairly certain the Baran Do Advisor robes were replaced by the Norris robes, but to add them back in properly would require some edits to the loot, so I'm not sure how to go about it.

If you asked me, from the looks of the textures the unused 05 texture is the ossus robe, Novice is texture 08, advisor is texture 07 and sage is texture 10 (Assuming the advisor robe is the middle tier robe).

Might I ask, what are the stats of the Novice and Sage robes again? I think we also got to look at the stats of those robes to determine the would-be stats of the advisor robe. 

3 hours ago, darthbdaman said:

I would probably make the Norris unique and place it somewhere like the ossus keeper robes, then replace the norris robes in the loot tables with the baran do advisor robes

I've thought about it and maybe that would work, but I think it'd have to be placed somewhere on Telos due to its low stats. It can't be upgraded and you can easily make a better item with upgrades on another robe, so it couldn't be late in the game like the Ossus Keeper robes. With the corrected loot system, you only get the Norris robes if you character level is between 8 and 15, after Peragus until halfway through your first planet or thereabouts. I don't think it would be feasible to come up with a possibility for every planet, but maybe somewhere on Telos would work.

But the other problem is there's no texture for it. #5 clearly wasn't intended for that robe, so either they would have the same texture as something else or things would have to be shuffled around. I just don't know if it's worth all the effort.

2 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

I am fairly confident Arca's Robes are in the random loot because the Master Arca Robes in the Dxun placeholders is entirely separate from the actual vanilla robe, if the vanilla Arca's robe wasn't in the loot in vanilla it definitely would be in TSLRCM. 

Like I said, it's not possible to acquire them in the original game. They're there in the code, but it's bugged.

Something called "restrictive robe" exists in the baseitems.2da and it is essentially Jedi Padawan Robes with a max dex of 5.     

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that one. I couldn't find any reference to it in dialog.tlk other than the name - unless that was related to the Jedi armor, but who knows.

Might I ask, what are the stats of the Novice and Sage robes again? I think we also got to look at the stats of those robes to determine the would-be stats of the advisor robe.  

They give a bonus to Wisdom and some immunity against both light and dark side damage. No other robes have the latter property, so unlike the Norris robes they aren't exactly bad to get later in the game, at least until the Sage tier is possible of course.

It's also worth pointing out, though, that you aren't likely to get the Baran Do Novice robes, at least with TSLRCM's fixes to the loot. I know by the time I got any robes when I last played I was already level 10, so it would've been impossible. There's only a 1/16 chance of getting robes at all when you get items (and not junk like credits, medpacs, and grenades) and then which item you get is highly dependent on your current character level.