ZeDurwin

Vulkar Base - Second Level || many spoilers

Hey guys! I never played K1R 1.0 and only just discovered 1.1., so this is probably something silly and not a bug and already taken care of but I would appreciate the help. In the Black Vulkar Base - Second Level there's a Heavy Security Door, which the map says is the Control Room, that I just can't seem to open. I saw that y'all "streamlined" the area and took out Caalin Ette and his Bodyguards, but wasn't he the trigger for the assassination in order to get into a strongbox that allowed access to the Control Room, so you can mess with the heating and get past the turrets guarding the garage? So if he's gone, how does one get into the Control Room? And if one cannot get into the Control Room by design, why does the Heating Control Panel still exist, and why does the old Vulkar Mechanic still tell you the Magnetic Power Cell is in the Control Room? I've seen on old videos of the area that there IS a room behind the door and I really really ​ wanna get in there if I can, so if there's something like super simple that's staring me in the face and I can't see it, please let me know. Even if it's just "yea we removed the ability to get in there" it would help to ease my mind lol.

(Just to clarify I'm not stuck in the game, I've retrieved the swoop accelerator and everything, I just need to open that door if at all possible. Leaving it closed would bug me for quite some time into the future if there is some way to open it.)

Anyway, love the K1R so far. I've had a pretty much constant smile on my face because of the never-ending "Oh that wasn't there before!" moments. This restoration has given new life to a game that I've replayed countless times over more than a decade and I appreciate all the work you guys have put into it!

I noticed this as well. Have you tried reloading the area from a previous save? When I first played through 1.1 after being used to 1.0, I looted a locker near the kind old Vulkar member and he attacked. I received dark side points and later noticed I couldn't open the control room. I decided to load to a previous save and didn't loot the old mans locker with his mechanics access card inside it. When I got to the control room, I could use my security skill on the door and got inside. I found the magnetic power cell inside this room and went back to the heating control panel to install it for light side points.

Hey there!! I need HELP!!!!!
A lot of troubles in the Second Level of Vulkar Base with conversations and interacting with both Control Panels. I'm completaly stucked:

1- Aqualish Tech (automatic talk opening the door):
"Huh, who are you? Only Lab Tech... (BLA, BLA, BLA...)"
I can hear his voice and text is shown (in upper part of the screen, as usually) but after that there are no answering options, neither invisible answer options cause clicking in the possible places, just in case, do nothing. No possibility of get out and I just can CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill KotOR.

2- Main Control Pannel / 4- Calefaction Control Pannel:
No interaction with the pannel. When I try appears a Balloon text saying "Conversation error: last conversation node contains either an END NODE or CONTINUE NODE. Please contact a designer!"

3- Human Old Mechanic (automatic talk opening the door):
I hear his voice but there is not ANY text shown on screen. After that, same as 1, no answering options shown and I just can kill KotOR.

5A- Duros Bartender:
Normal conversation working fine.

5B- Vulkar/s Mechanic/s (2 of them):
Usual balloon answer but with the balloon very narrow and no text shown.

5C- Vulkar Mechanic (about Spice deal) / 5D- Vulkar Mechanic (Pazaak gamer):
After I initiate the conversation same as 3.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vulkar Base 2nd Level.JPG

These are the MODs I have installed at this moment:

1- Brotherhood of Shadow Solomon's Revenge 1.5

2-  KotOR 1 Restoration 1.2

3- KOTOR 1 Community Patch 1.7

4- Jedi From The Start 2.2.0

5- Sith Stalker 0.9

6- Character Start Up Change 1

7- Health Regeneration

8- Carth's Republic Uniform and Flight Suit

9- Enhanced Merchants

10- Recruitable Maxis 1.5

11- Rece's Upgradeable Vanilla Robes 1.0

12- Weapon Base Stats Re-balance (K1)

13- Effixian's T3-M4 Blue & Red

14- Animated Cantina Sign for KotOR 1 1.0

15- Revan Items 1.1

16- Zaalbar's Items

A few things here:

First, awesome job with listing the mods you're using. And good job with the post's setup. 

Please do not post the same thing in two different threads. Make a new topic thread in the correct area. It keeps things tidy. You can get help there.

• Thanks 1