forgivenandfree11

Black Screen Bug - TSLRCM

Fellas!

I'm posting a bug that I'm repeatedly encountering in TSLRCM. I'm incredibly new to the RCM and mod community so I'm hoping for some help!

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

The problem began to occur after different loading screens and changes in areas. After the screen loads and resumes gameplay, my entire screen turns black. I'm at the point in the game where I had gotten on to the Ebon Hawk for the first time in the story on Peragus. When you should be firing the turrets after Atton tells you to, the screen goes black. I can hear the blaster fire and I can hear my own blaster fire when I click the mouse pad but the entire computer screen is black and I can't see. Can you help me fix this?

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.8.4 and 1.2 respectively)

Yes. 1.8.4. I don't have M4-78.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Using Steam.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

N/A

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

I intsalled Steam, and then TSLRCM 1.8.4.

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

No mods.

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

The same thing also happened once when I skipped the prologue, the screen went black but you could still hear the game playing and you could hear the game changing when you still hit the keyboard. I restarted my computer and didn't skip the prologue this time and added a few extra save files. Then everything worked fine. I've tried using a different save file for the Ebon Hawk turret problem but no luck. 

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

No mods.

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes. No luck. 

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

No. Really don't want to lol. 

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Processor is Intel® Core i5 - 3230M CPU @2.60GHz 2.60GHZ

6 GB of RAM

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I'm using Windows 8.1

12) Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen?

Yes. 

I hope this information is useful! I'm still incredibly new to all this. I hope y'all can help! 

It the issue occuring where there should be a cutscene? or after *every* loadscreen

Fellas!

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Processor is Intel® Core i5 - 3230M CPU @2.60GHz 2.60GHZ

600 GB of RAM

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I'm using Windows 8.1

That can't be your system specs (because 600GB of ram would be impressive) Do you have a graphics card?

• Like 1

It's when there's a cut scene followed by a loading screen when you enter basically a new part of the game. The only two places it has occurred is when in the beginning of the game after skipping the prologue. When Kreia tells you to awaken, the screen was black. Then the second time and the issue I can't resolve is when you use the Ebon Hawk and its blaster turrets as you escape Peragus. The screen goes black but you can still hear everything.

And oops. You're right. 6 GB of RAM.

UPDATE: 23 NOV 2015 - 6:25 PM (EST)
Tried fiddling around with the game even though the screen went black. Somehow progressed to where Atton says, "We've got company." The I noticed that the blue TSL mouse was still on the screen and was still movable. I hope that may help with figuring out the issue. By my reason, it may not necessarily be the computer, because the mouse is still controllable. Just a thought.

I'm having the same problem on Onderon. When the cutscenes of the Mandalorian shuttle travelling to and landing on Onderon complete it goes to another cutscene after with a man and a woman talking, but the screen is completely black and nothing I've done has fixed the problem. Please let me know when this problem is fixed, I'd really like to continue the game if possible.\

I know it's most probably not the issue you have, but I fixed it by removing the script making me be able to skip starfighters minigame.