jabu

July Game Updates (controller supp, native high res) without Steam?

Apologies for starting a whole topic for what's probably answered by a simple no.

I was wondering whether any of the improvements the Steam version got in July could be applied to non-Steam versions of the game? I haven't been able to find anything by googling, so I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask to confirm.

There is no way to get the update for non steam as of now. But here is what Aspyr said to me (quoted from my blog entry)

XuulIs there any way for Retail (4disk) users of Kotor 2 to use the update without having to repurchase the game on Steam?

Aspyr"We don’t have an automatic mechanism for this, but retail copy owners should contact our support team and we will do our best to take care of them. You can reach them HERE.

XuulWill the update for Kotor 2 ever be pushed out to the Good Old Games (GoG) Version?

AspyrWe are working with our friends at GOG and Disney to hopefully make that a reality soon.

After sending in a picture of my retail discs (as requested), I'm sitting in front of my pc downloading the game on steam. Awesome company.

• Like 2

After sending in a picture of my retail discs (as requested), I'm sitting in front of my pc downloading the game on steam. Awesome company.

Trust me, the updates are not that great, they cause more issues than they solve IMO

Trust me, the updates are not that great, they cause more issues than they solve IMO

Regardless, they gave me a digital copy of the game when they had no obligation to.

I'm interested in the controller support because of recent wrist problems.

Smaller companies do tend to be less greedy, more giving :) 

I'm interested in the controller support

Get that Original Xbox feeling ;)

Regardless, they gave me a digital copy of the game when they had no obligation to.

I'm interested in the controller support because of recent wrist problems.

I have to admit, I may not like the update but theirs no denying that is pretty cool