Fair Strides

WalkSwitch - Collision Map Editor

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=475

File Name: WalkSwitch - Collision Map Editor

File Submitter: Fair Strides

File Submitted: 07 Oct 2014

File Category: Modding Tools

Warning:
You will need three dlls, which can be found here. These will have to be in the same folder as JRLEditor, OR you can follow the instructions in the DLL link. This will work for all of my tools.

Warning Done. :D

INTRODUCTION:
=======================================================
Walkmesh Switcher is a KotOR\TSL modding tool
designed to read, display, and edit binary
walkmesh files(in .wok format).

The program will count the number of faces in
the walkmesh, parse the coordinates, and then
draw each face according to the coloring of the
face's walk type.

In essence, this tool will read a binary .wok file (KotOR's collision map data file) and will draw the faces according to the type of surface they're identified with. These colors correspond to the NWMax plugin, for those familiar with KotOR modelling to relate a bit with the program.

An example of a very good use of the tool is for reskinning one of the game's modules. Take the Rakata structures, for instance. Say someone wants to reskin them into a metal fortress, but they keep hearing sand crunch under their feet. With WalkSwitch, you could change the type to metal instead of sand, and the game would then play the proper sounds for the fortress. :D

Click here to download this file

I was wondering would it be possible to add the ability to delete faces from the walk meshes, specifically Face 80 of "202tel04.wok" which blocks the area behind the door in the Entertainment Module on Telos, faces 86 & 87 can simply be set to metal, but Face 80 is a wall so no matter what it gets set to it blocks the player.

Thanks again for these amazing programs.

Thor110

On 5/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, Thor110 said:

I was wondering would it be possible to add the ability to delete faces from the walk meshes, specifically Face 80 of "202tel04.wok" which blocks the area behind the door in the Entertainment Module on Telos, faces 86 & 87 can simply be set to metal, but Face 80 is a wall so no matter what it gets set to it blocks the player.

Thanks again for these amazing programs.

Thor110

I don't think WalkSwitch is the right tool for that. But it can easily be done by importing the module into Max (or probably Blender).

• Like 1