Sign in to follow this  
Averagegamer

Who do you recommend turning into a Jedi?

And is it possible to turn more than one of your party members into Jedi throughout the game? I am pretty clueless when it comes to these things. If anyone has insight that would be great.

Yup, as longs as you have enough (or too litte) influence with them.

There isn't a big difference to the storyline as a whole depending on gender, so...

Of course males do get all the Brianna/Atris stuff the females would miss...

Guest bendarby24

if you have a hard core mod i would recomend being a girl because with disiple after combate he can heal you and put your forces points up

I wouldn't recommend Jedifying Bao-Dur because he can't wear robes, thus cannot use a large amount of Force powers.

Guest Bob Ta'aar

Unless you're using the 'Remove Force Power Restriction'-Mod (http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=14)

Too bad Bao Dur hasn't any custom clothing like Handmaiden, Atton and Mira (which can all be used while using the Force), I even might make a mod that creates such ...

Anyways, Atton, Handmaiden, Diciple, Mira and Bao-Dur can all be trained to be a Jedi, once you reach sufficient influence (usually 90 or 10, I think, if you're using a mod that displays the current influence ratings, like http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Remote_Tells_Influence;87769).

If it's too hard to find out on your own, follow an influence-walkthrough like

http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php

or

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/578/578848p1.html

They still work well with TSLRCM.

Only the droids, Hanharr (originally intended, but because George Lucas' prohibition of Wookie-Jedi it was cut) and Mandalore can't become a Jedi.

I usually try to teach all the possible teammembers the ways of the Force ... I mean, if you're no Jedi or Sith, you're no real SW character :).

Unless you're using the 'Remove Force Power Restriction'-Mod (http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=14)

Too bad Bao Dur hasn't any custom clothing like Handmaiden, Atton and Mira (which can all be used while using the Force), I even might make a mod that creates such ...

Anyways, Atton, Handmaiden, Diciple, Mira and Bao-Dur can all be trained to be a Jedi, once you reach sufficient influence (usually 90 or 10, I think, if you're using a mod that displays the current influence ratings, like http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Remote_Tells_Influence;87769).

If it's too hard to find out on your own, follow an influence-walkthrough like

http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php

or

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/578/578848p1.html

They still work well with TSLRCM.

Only the droids, Hanharr (originally intended, but because George Lucas' prohibition of Wookie-Jedi it was cut) and Mandalore can't become a Jedi.

I usually try to teach all the possible teammembers the ways of the Force ... I mean, if you're no Jedi or Sith, you're no real SW character :).

Or you could download the Bao-Dur's Charged Armor mod... lol. Gives Bao-Dur armor that doesnt have a force restriction on it.

Guest HaVoKeR
I wouldn't recommend Jedifying Bao-Dur because he can't wear robes, thus cannot use a large amount of Force powers.

If you maxed out bao-dur, and then turn him into a jedi, he gains one level... and so what he cant wear any robes? save the peragus mining uniform for him, and then upgrade it with biorestorative underlay or something (the one that gives regen and con)... will be good enough, and if you are in the vanilla version, were jedi classes are much more stronger (mostly because of force powers) its even better... in fact, the only way to get 2 extra atacks is being a jedi.

In my hardcore mod you get only 1 extra atack at all speed power levels, and still, i would always turn him into a jedi.

Guest HaVoKeR

No real SW character without force powers? take a look at The Old Republic and you will see why theres bounty hunters out there... THEY ROCK'N'ROLL, for real! They own jedis like they were puss13s xD rocket launcher ftw...

if you have a hard core mod i would recomend being a girl because with disiple after combate he can heal you and put your forces points up

Eh, WIS to AC for males prevents you from getting hurt in the first place. Lot more vital IMO. WIS/DEX builds become immortal.

Guest Bob Ta'aar
No real SW character without force powers? take a look at The Old Republic and you will see why theres bounty hunters out there... THEY ROCK'N'ROLL, for real! They own jedis like they were puss13s xD rocket launcher ftw...

Haha, don't get me wrong ... I love the Han Solo-types in EU and I'm thinkin' about playin' a smuggler anyways in TOR once it's released.

But in Kotor (where the only rocket-launcher I can remember is the one that the HK-droids shoot down your shuttle over the Telos polarplateau with :)) ... I actually found the lack of enough force-sensitive NPC's in K1 one of the biggest mistakes they made. I loved Mission and Zalbaar, but fighting is just so much more fun with Bastila and Juhani, but they just get boring over time, especially as I didn't like neighter of the two characters too much.

Jedi Bao-Dur is a beast even without robes. Master Force Speed, Jump with a properly upgraded lightsaber, and he's instant death.

I think combat-wise it pays to Jedify everyone, because at the very least they can increase their damage output rather significantly with Knight and Master Speed.

However, what is most important to me is that Jedifying them means additional story content. Kotor 2 combat isn't very interesting, in terms of skill or difficulty. It's the story stuff that matters - to me, at least.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

I think combat-wise it pays to Jedify everyone, because at the very least they can increase their damage output rather significantly with Knight and Master Speed.

However, what is most important to me is that Jedifying them means additional story content

QFT ^^^^

It depends on what class your exile is, but if you jedify Bao-Dur and Handmaiden and equip 'em with good stuff, you can be pretty much invincible with 2 Jedi Guardians, even moreso if your Jedi Exile is a Consular.

Hell, Exile alone as a Consular can pretty much kill everything.

Edited by VarsityPuppet

The various points that show why I'm wrong are perfectly true, and I accept the fact that you're right and I'm not. Although I do tend to Jedify everyone anyway.

Thank you for the info. I did not know you could turn more than one of your party members into Jedi. I ended up turning the disciple into a Jedi literally the moment I got him and all conversation seemed to be unavailable with the other characters. Do you recommend gaining influence with each incrementally?

Yeah, you can jedify all meatbags except for Hanharr and Mandalore.

I recommend you get influence where you can. Some characters require more effort than others; for instance Mira you can do immediately if you converse with her the right way. After that there's little point wasting INF opportunities on her.

Also there are some influence opportunities that are character-specific, and you won't benefit from it unless you have the right character. For instance, when you're finding the atmospheric sensors for Saedhe on Dantooine, you might want to have Bao-Dur with you.

There are influence guides on the Internet if you don't mind spoilers. Mostly they're still accurate for TSLRCM, although some INF opportunities have been added (I had something to do with that :)).

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Oh, and don't worry too much about playing male vs female. Both can be perfectly satisfying playthroughs, so go with whatever you feel like.

But if you intend to play both and explore a lot of options, I recommend playing your female as physical combat-oriented, and your male as a Consular and focus on Wisdom and Force powers. This is because only males can get Battle Precognition, which adds your Wisdom bonus to defense.

Or just go with whatever the hell you want. The game is comfortably beatable with any basic setup.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Guest HaVoKeR
Or just go with whatever the hell you want. The game is comfortably beatable with any basic setup.

And thats why i created my mod =) i like replaying the game but with a decent challenge, so i dont sleep while fighting...

You could edit the files to make all party members jedi, even droids (Although Hk-47 is the only one that can wield a lightsaber, due to obvious reasons.)

You could edit the files to make all party members jedi, even droids (Although Hk-47 is the only one that can wield a lightsaber, due to obvious reasons.)

That's pretty LOL worthy, actually. I'd love to have been able to see T3M4 running around with a lightsabre sticking out its head. Hn! In other news, I've never realised you could make companions into Jedi. Is this restored content, or has it always been this way, and I was just playing badly? :(

Canonically, the Jedi Exile is female.. But it is open to debate because I don't think it's been officially announced.

Eh, if you look up the Jedi Exile on Wookiepedia, it's only canonical because some obscure official guide book decided it really needed to use a gender-specific pronoun, out of "editorial necessity". I don't think anyone really needs to feel compelled by this "canonicity".

Nicknacks: it's always been this way. You need to gain enough influence to make this possible, though. Or lose enough - it doesn't matter if they love or hate you, apparently, as long as they feel strongly one way or the other. And you may also need to visit specific places in the game to trigger specific events.

I feel Atton and Brianna (if u're using a male char) is the best, i only ever converted bao-dur once, and due to the force restrictions it was not as easy to use.

also, converting Mira into a jedi will make the hanharr battle at the end easier. same goes for brianna wif her sisters, and atton wif sion (with tslrcm patch that is). just my 2 cents worth =)