Fair Strides

A Huge Apology About KSE

Please forgive any traces of irritation, but on Steam I've already had to deal with a host of "Hey! Is it clean?!" posts and seen some people get pretty freaking arrogant and up-tight about how their testing can't be wrong...

I've already said in the past that KSE is clean, but that with the programming language the OLD KPF was written in (autoit3), anything more than a "Hello World!" message is flagged as a virus. This has been a running issue with autoit3 for years, and a quick internet search will show plenty of proof to that statement.

A new KPF was made and is available from the KSE on Steam Workshop. There, you'll also find a download link if you just need the new KPF.

Oh, and the filenames don't match because I had someone else update the KSE upload when my net wasn't cooperating for me to do so. :(

• Like 1

The older version of the KSE editor says it can't find saves when the save folder is right there is this a bug or does it have something to do with Windows 7 storing them in a different spot.

Which "older version" are you referring to?

If you don't run the games as an administrator, the Windows will put the savegames in a VirtualStore folder in your Appdata. If your Saves folder is empty, check the appdata. If it isn't empty, then are you trying to get it to register cloud saves?

Its version 335 oh and this is the 4 CD retail version not steam.One thing I don't get is that how come it doesn't accept changes even when the save folder.Are you saying your supposed to run the game as an Administrator even when with the save changes.

I got it to work  thanks for the help.

Just a small fyi

While the version on Steam Workshop seems fine, the version that can be downloaded from deadlystream still seems to have an older version of KPF which causes a virus message on my pc

I verified that the CRC of the steam version and deadlystream version of KPF are different.

The KSE in both packages is the same though. Wonder why KPF is not

Hi!  I am experiencing a problem with both KSE 3.3.5 and 3.3.7a.  I am playing using discs (not Steam files) and have a folder labeled "saves" inside my KotOR directory.  This folder has my saves in it.  When I run 3.3.7a, it tells me that there are no saves and that it is terminating the program.  When I run 3.3.5, it finds the save files, but refuses to commit changes.  I attached the error message.  Any help would be appreciated.

post-35177-0-18904100-1502328546_thumb.jpg

As this thread has morphed from a News statement to a help thread, I have moved the topic to a more logical location.

Spoiler

Hi does anyone understand why i am getting the code execution cannot proceed msvcp120.dii was not found?

Hi does anyone understand why i am getting the code execution cannot proceed msvcp120.dii was not found?