Rinku

Changing headgear "visor" colors/transparency

Hey guys,

So I've been trying to figure out how to change the "visor" color/transparancy on the Veripine Ocular Enchancer and the Interface Band, but I have no idea where these textures would be. Does anyone know? Also, how would I change the transparency of the visor? I assume it has to do with using the Alpha layer, but I'm not sure and I'm just spinning my wheels at this point.

Thanks for any help!

Hey guys,

So I've been trying to figure out how to change the "visor" color/transparancy on the Veripine Ocular Enchancer and the Interface Band, but I have no idea where these textures would be. Does anyone know? Also, how would I change the transparency of the visor? I assume it has to do with using the Alpha layer, but I'm not sure and I'm just spinning my wheels at this point.

Thanks for any help!

A good place to start:

1. Open the item's .uti file and note the baseitem type (if KT) or row number (if any other tool, like K-GFF) as well as the model variation.

2. Open baseitems.2da and find your row.

3. Note the defaultmodel value.

4. In your head, change the number at the end (just the last digit if the model variation is below 10, or just the last two if it's over 10) with the model variation from your item.

5. Try to find the model in KT (in K1, try the items.bif->Models section first; K2, the models.bif) and double-click it to decompile it.

6. Navigate to where you extracted and decompiled it and you will see the textures that model uses. :)

• Like 1

A good place to start:

1. Open the item's .uti file and note the baseitem type (if KT) or row number (if any other tool, like K-GFF) as well as the model variation.

2. Open baseitems.2da and find your row.

3. Note the defaultmodel value.

4. In your head, change the number at the end (just the last digit if the model variation is below 10, or just the last two if it's over 10) with the model variation from your item.

5. Try to find the model in KT (in K1, try the items.bif->Models section first; K2, the models.bif) and double-click it to decompile it.

6. Navigate to where you extracted and decompiled it and you will see the textures that model uses. :D

Thanks, unfortunately the texture only provides what I'd call the "ear section" of the Interface Band. So I'm still at a loss as to how to change the color :/

Also, I'm at a loss as to why the Verpine Ocular Enhancer texture isn't being replaced by the file in my override whereas the Interface Band's texture is.

See that tiny little red rectangle in the bottom right corner of I_VerpHBnd? That's the visor.

Oh wow...that's so small..I had no idea  :crazy:  Thanks a bunch haha