Golselect

Having some problems with Revan's Jedi Robe mod

Well, as the title says, i've been having problems with this mod since I tried to install it. The problem is that every time I enter the game and try to put the robe the game crashes before it can be selected, as soon as I click on it. I`ve been trying to edit the appearance.2da file, as I have been told it could be where the problem is, but the changes I've been suggested did't work and now I don't know what to do.

So I ask if anyone has experimented this issue and has fix it or if anyone could know what the source of the problem is.

Okay, first if all, is the mod you're referring to, this one?

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/466-revans-jedi-robes/

Secondly, we need to know your computer setup and mods you've installed as well as the nature specifically of your crash by answering this checklist.

FOR ANY MODS OTHER THAN TSLRCM/M4-78EP!

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

5) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

6) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

9) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

10) Have you tried using a different save game?

11) Have you tried starting a new game?

12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Yes, it's that mod, ZimmMaster's Revan Jedi Robe.

And to answer those questions:

1: I tried it on a savegame I had after the leviathan part, and it crashed as soon as I click on the robe at the equipment menu.

2: I installed DS version of the mod, so... yeah.

3: I have Kotor Collection version of the game, but this error happened as well on the 4CD version.

5: Yes, I used the provided TSLPatcher.

6: No, there weren't any errors during the installation

7: As for the mods I used, there are a lot of them, but neither of them alter revans model nor use any 2da file (yet), if you need more info about the mods I'll research about them.

8: As I said, it occurs just when I click on the robe to use it, the game freezes and I have to end it.

9: I re-downloaded it several times, and from several websites just in case, but it didn't work.

10: I have tried on 2 or 3 different saves.

11: I haven't tried it on a new game yet.

12: I use a Windows 7

Hope It's helpful XD, and you can help me with this issue please :D

If you still have your installlog.rtf from when the mod installed, you might see if you got this warning:

"---------------
» KNOWN BUGS
---------------
- During the installation, you may receive a warning saying 'Warning: Invalid column label "driveanimrun" encountered! Skipping entry...' I have no idea why this happens. If you get this you have to input the entry yourself. Simply open your modified appearance.2da file found in your Override folder using the KOTOR Tool, scroll down to the bottom of the list to the new entry, and input "3.96" in the driveanimrun column."

I happen to have to same problem as Golselect. Just by clicking on the robe, the game freeze and directly crashes back to the desktop with a message saying the game stopped functioning without further info. It's very strange because all the other items like the mask and gauntlet work perfectly well.

I happen to have to same problem as Golselect. Just by clicking on the robe, the game freeze and directly crashes back to the desktop with a message saying the game stopped functioning without further info. It's very strange because all the other items like the mask and gauntlet work perfectly well.

The other items don't change the appearance.

If you still have your installlog.rtf file, can you please upload it as an attachment or to mediafire and post the link here?

The other items don't change the appearance.

If you still have your installlog.rtf file, can you please upload it as an attachment or to mediafire and post the link here?

Well actually the mask does directly change the characters appearance.

And I'm not quite certain what is a insatlllog.rtf file, where could I find it ?

edit: I also removed all my other mods and exclusively installed this mod, but the problem remained. So it's not a conflict.

Cheers =)

Here:

attachicon.gifchanges.7z

Try taking the changes.ini file from that download and putting it into the tslpatchdata folder of the unpacked mod and then running the installer.

Thanks. I just ran the installer with the new changes.ini but unfortunately it was the same instant freeze upon clicking the robe in the game.

Such a bizarre bug =/

Edit: Just got a message from the creator of the mod and he is sadly experiencing the same problem but doesn't have the time to fix it. 

Oh well, thanks for the help at least, I appreciate it =).