Sign in to follow this  
Bastinenz

[TSL] Editing Quest progress

Hi, not sure whether or not this is the right place since my question falls somewhere between modding, save game editing and tech support. I seem to have encountered a bug in TSL (Steam version with latest TSLRCM from the Workshop) where the Bao-Dur conversation that supposedly triggers when you find the sensors in the Kinrath cave on Dantooine didn't happen.

Long story short, restoring to an earlier save to try to trigger it this time is not an option (thanks to the weird way TSL handles - or rather doesn't handle - autosaves and quicksaves  :mad2:) and now I would like to either

1) revert the quest to a point where I can try triggering the conversation again

or

2) advance the quest to the point it should be at after the conversation - preferrably with the Bao-Dur influence gain you supposedly get with it

Since TSL is known to be full of bugs like that, I would like to find a solution to this that can be applied to other quests/triggers as well.

If it is as simple as changing an in-game value (via console or save game editing or whatever) it might be a good idea create a database with all the quests in the game and the flags that keep track of their progress, for science and future generations who might run into these sorts of problems.

Since y'all here seem to really know your TSL stuff, I was hoping to find some help with that in here. Thank you very much!

As far as I know, it relies on a local on the map.

So your only choice is resetting the module, KSE can't help you.

Ah, okay. How would I go about resetting the module? Can it be done via console?

You could throw the git file in the override.... and then of course, mess everything else up in that module

So, no dice, basically? Meh, kind of a shame. Guess I'll have to replay that whole section and use the console to get the items from that random vendor drop back into my inventory...this game can be pretty frustrating xD