Fair Strides

TOOL:KotOR SaveGame Editor

20 minutes ago, Unknown said:

MSVCP120.dll was not found

You're missing some Visual C++ redistributables. Go here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

and download both the x86 and x64 installers. If it still complains after that, it probably wants the 2012 package, which you can get separately here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Been using 3.3.7a with no issues.  I decided to try the newer 3.3.8 or 3.3.8.1 but for the life of me and love of god, I cannot get it to work.

3.3.8.1 and / or 3.3.8 find the install directory K1_Path=G:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\swkotor but I noticed now instead of saving the ini in the KSE.exe folder it creates a folder all the way over under user\app\whatever and puts the ini there when I hit export. When I hit quit after exporting, I am greeted with the message there are no saves to edit. When I delete all the 3.3.8.1 and/or 3.3.8 files and go back top 3.3.7a, the ini is placed in the same folder as KSE.exe and low and behold I have saves to edit.

Please advise. Right now I can see no reason for anyone to switch from 3.3.7a

Be well. Happy gaming.

Still having issues myself with KSE 338. It points exactly where my saves are but says "No save games detected. Terminating." Then it closes.

On 2/6/2023 at 3:25 PM, Elbrin said:

Been using 3.3.7a with no issues.  I decided to try the newer 3.3.8 or 3.3.8.1 but for the life of me and love of god, I cannot get it to work.

3.3.8.1 and / or 3.3.8 find the install directory K1_Path=G:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\swkotor but I noticed now instead of saving the ini in the KSE.exe folder it creates a folder all the way over under user\app\whatever and puts the ini there when I hit export. When I hit quit after exporting, I am greeted with the message there are no saves to edit. When I delete all the 3.3.8.1 and/or 3.3.8 files and go back top 3.3.7a, the ini is placed in the same folder as KSE.exe and low and behold I have saves to edit.

Please advise. Right now I can see no reason for anyone to switch from 3.3.7a

Be well. Happy gaming.

I can't even get 3.3.7a to work for me either. None of the versions detect either the INI nor the save games.

2 hours ago, Sentrelius Primus said:

Still having issues myself with KSE 338. It points exactly where my saves are but says "No save games detected. Terminating." Then it closes.

I can't even get 3.3.7a to work for me either. None of the versions detect either the INI nor the save games.

You could potentially use these to update you registry entries or update them manually yourself if you know how.

These are my own backups that I use to update my registry for the KotOR games in order to ensure that KotOR Tool and other tools such as the savegame editor work.

They are only compatible with the Steam version of the game and mimic the location of the original registry entries.

KotOR1.reg KotOR2.reg

2 hours ago, Thor110 said:

You could potentially use these to update you registry entries or update them manually yourself if you know how.

These are my own backups that I use to update my registry for the KotOR games in order to ensure that KotOR Tool and other tools such as the savegame editor work.

They are only compatible with the Steam version of the game and mimic the location of the original registry entries.

KotOR1.reg 167 B · 0 downloads KotOR2.reg 245 B · 1 download

What would I do with the file? Open it in the game folder?

12 hours ago, Sentrelius Primus said:

What would I do with the file? Open it in the game folder?

Just double click it and add it to the registry provided you are on a Windows system and have the game on Steam, then try running the Save editor and see if it works.