Sith Holocron

Bugs and minor inconveniences with M4-78EP (1.2)

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

Upon entering the M4-78 behavior core.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

Yes, assuming the Steam Workshop version is up to date.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY. If using a Steam, KOTOR Collection, or GOG version, put down "N/A")

N/A

5) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

No (N/A).

6) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

N/A

7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

The Sith Lords Content Restoration Mod 1.8.5, as it appears on the Steam Workshop. No other mods were installed. I wanted this to be as clean as possible, since I have had too many issues in the past trying to get other mods to play nice with these. It's also too much of a headache, having to be ultra careful about which mods to install in which order all the time.

8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

The force field separating the player from Vash cannot be "bashed". Upon watching a walkthrough, I found that the player is supposed to be able to open it via the "Use Lightsaber" command; however, this command is not offered upon approach. The player can interact with the force field, only for it to say that it is "Locked". Because the player can neither interact with Vash, nor exit the room until they speak with M4-78, it is effectively a game-breaking bug. There are two computer terminals in the room as well, but they cannot be interacted with.

I managed to escape to a slightly earlier point in the game in which I am not trapped in this room via loading an autosave, and I have made sure to do a manual save in the Central Zone just before speaking to LS-65. Obviously, though, it is still a game-breaking bug, since Vash must be interacted with to trigger the rest of the story.

9) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

Not yet, and to be honest, I am afraid to do so, only for the save files to somehow become corrupted. Call it paranoia, but I've already sunk about 44 hours into this run of the game, and M4-78 is literally my last planet before the final act.

10) Have you tried using a different save game?

N/A

11) Have you tried starting a new game?

...No. Again, 44 hours. I'm not doing all of this again over a command that isn't being offered.

12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 10 Pro.

Well, I decided to go ahead and try re-installing both the mods and the game, in the proper order. I'm happy to report that it didn't screw up my saves. Same result, though: Cannot open the force field.

EDIT: Looked through the game installation. Found an AR_ERROR.log file:

Names Differ: C_DrdProt l_drdprot

Does this have anything to do with it? I deleted this log just before re-installation. Once I loaded my save once more, however, it appeared again.

Use the control panel on the wall next to the forcefield . You can't bash that forcefield. The control panel can be a bit tricky so try clicking it from a different angle if at first you don't succeed.

Might you elaborate on that angle?

Or do I need to use a mouse? I've been playing with an Xbox One gamepad.

In any case, I haven't been able to interact with that panel.

I just tested it. Confirmed that in order to interact with the wall terminal to deactivate the force field, one must use a mouse. Gamepads and the selection hotkeys don't work.

Can we expect a fix to this in 1.3?

Why so? Wouldn't you just need to move the target reticle? Or is it more complicated than that?

You'll have to PM Hassat Hunter about that. However, he's avoiding the site to avoid Rogue One spoilers at the moment.

Update -  19:43 PM (Alaska Standard Time)

I inquired with Zbyl2 and he said . . .

I have no clue how the controller works or how it differs from the keyboard input.

Ahh. It basically just works like it did on the Xbox: The triggers cycle between selectable targets. In fact, the whole control scheme is fairly consistent, apart from some button assignment rearrangements and an additional menu that is drawn up when one presses 'Y' (since the white and black buttons no longer exist and there are no buttons dedicated to stealth, solo mode, etc). If it helps, I'm using an Xbox One gamepad.

The issue is that when one attempts to cycle to the panel in question via the triggers, nothing happens except that it continues to highlight the force field. It acts as if the target isn't there when it obviously is.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, Schmengland. We'll see if there's anything we can do about it.

I really appreciate that. :D

I apologise if I came off as snarky during the initial report. I wasn't mad at anybody; I was just irritated because I thought I had encountered a game-breaking bug at a late point in what had been a rather long playthrough. I've completed said playthrough as of yesterday, though. :P

Nah, it's fine. I just legitimately had no idea how the gamepad controls work and didn't know if there's anything that can be done about it.