Fair Strides

MOD:Vulkar Coward Redux

Vulkar Coward Redux

VULKAR_COWARD

Redux

By Fair Strides

Description:

This mod is in reply to requests that the original vulkar coward that you encounter in the Vulkar Base Main Level be put back in, in place of the restored Vulkar we put in his place.

This mod is fully compatible with K1R and gives the user three different options for how they want the original coward restored:

1. Original original, with no K1R changes applied.

2. Original appearance, but with K1R dialog and with English VO as well.

3. Original appearance, but with the K1R dialog and with Twi'lek VO like the original.

Installation:

Simply run the TSLPatcher and select which verison you want to install.

Uninstallation:

Overwrite the tar_m10aa.mod file in your modules folder (from the main KotOR 1 folder) with the tar_m10aa.mod in the backup folder the TSLPatcher will create in the folder it is run from.

Credits:

People for requesting this in the first place.

Sith Specter for discussion of possible options, even though I went a bit beyond what he'd suggested... :D

Hm.... hard choice. Either way it's unfortunately removing some content. Was there any way to relocate him to the second floor or is that impossible?

I keep receiving a message saying an unhandled error occurred and this is the install log:

Installation started 7/30/2015 1:01:00 PM...

• Modifying GFF format files...

• Adding file "tar10_vulkcow001.utc" to archive "tar_m10aa.mod"...

• Error: Cannot open file "C:\Users\Chad\Desktop\Vulkar_Restoration\tslpatchdata\tar10_vulkcow001.utc". The system cannot find the file specified (EXT-0)

The only mods I have installed are K1R and the NPC Overhaul Mod which I installed before K1R as suggested. Any thoughts? This is the Steam version of KOTOR

I keep receiving a message saying an unhandled error occurred and this is the install log:

Installation started 7/30/2015 1:01:00 PM...

• Modifying GFF format files...

• Adding file "tar10_vulkcow001.utc" to archive "tar_m10aa.mod"...

• Error: Cannot open file "C:\Users\Chad\Desktop\Vulkar_Restoration\tslpatchdata\tar10_vulkcow001.utc". The system cannot find the file specified (EXT-0)

The only mods I have installed are K1R and the NPC Overhaul Mod which I installed before K1R as suggested. Any thoughts? This is the Steam version of KOTOR

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I forgot to include a file, so the installer couldn't find it...

I've uploaded a new version, so it will need to be approved. However, try the link and see if you can get there and it says 1.1.

Thank you so much! I thought I totally screwed something up. Your work is very appreciated and it has encouraged me to do yet another playthrough of KOTOR. :)

Huge problem I encountered

I chose the package to reskin him to a Twliek but keep English audio and other changes. It reverted him back to the vanilla Vulkar. (Yes, I'm certain I chose the right one because I removed the files and tried again)

There's no way to open the elevator so I had to warp to get there. Not 100% game shattering, but rather annoying

Huge problem I encountered

I chose the package to reskin him to a Twliek but keep English audio and other changes. It reverted him back to the vanilla Vulkar. (Yes, I'm certain I chose the right one because I removed the files and tried again)

There's no way to open the elevator so I had to warp to get there. Not 100% game shattering, but rather annoying

I will definitely look into where I screwed up...

LiliArch also told me that I have a script in the tslpatchdata for the Party on the Leviathan! mod, but that I forgot to actually install it... :|

EDIT: Actually, could you change the conversation field of the .utc in the tslpatchdata folder to "k1r_vulksur2" and then run the installer?