Sign in to follow this  
Guest R2-X2

Question about language

Guest R2-X2

In the description it says that M4-78EP won't work with other languages.

I have the German version of TSL and would like to play the game with TSLRCM and M4-78... would changing the dialog.tlk's language setting via TalkEd be sufficient to get the M4-78EP dialogue to be visible? And would that be the only bug through having a different language than English? (I don't mind English text or audio in the mod, I'm just talking about actual issues.)

If that would be a possibility, when should I change the language setting? Before or after installing TSLRCM? And would it screw up TSLRCM itself?

You're best off PM'ing Zbyl those questions, he does the TSRLCM translating stuff too, so he knows best.

All I know it that it doesn't work on non-English versions and most of the people who try get "error! please contact a designer" errors on Korriban or very soon on M4 itself.

Hello, I'm also interested in this since I'm about to re-install KOTOR2 to try out some mods. In particular, I'd like to understand what "no compatible with other languages" actually means, if it's a) the mod content will be displayed only in English or b ) installing the mod on a non-EN version will cause bugs that makes the mod/game unplayable. I don't really care if it's a), but in case it's b ) I have to change my game language first.

Hello, I'm also interested in this since I'm about to re-install KOTOR2 to try out some mods. In particular, I'd like to understand what "no compatible with other languages" actually means, if it's a) the mod content will be displayed only in English or b ) installing the mod on a non-EN version will cause bugs that makes the mod/game unplayable. I don't really care if it's a), but in case it's b ) I have to change my game language first.

In most cases it's probably that the new content will be displayed in English but there have been quite a few reports of gamebreaking bugs due to language differences between TSL and the mods, so I'd recommend changing your game language.

New text won't display, and conversations that use both dialog.tlk and custom strings will break altogether and give "broken conversation, contact the designer" error that people post about here every now and then.

The easiest way to get play the mod is to get TLK Editor and use it to open KOTOR II's dialog.tlk file and change language ID to English for as long as you're on M4-78.. and Korriban Academy too, I suppose. You'll have to change it back to whatever your game's language was supposed to be, when you leave the droid's planet, though.

I'll just play the game in English then! I'm using the steam version and I can change the language in the options, so I think it's the easiest solution since I'm starting a new game anyway.