VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

Guest DH-010

"The Masked Attacker?" Explain. Can't say I'm savvy to this.

The Duros that 'ambushes' you near the shuttle to the Docking Module after you recieve the 'weapon smuggling' quest from Lt. Grenn on the first visit to Telos.

The Duros that 'ambushes' you near the shuttle to the Docking Module after you recieve the 'weapon smuggling' quest from Lt. Grenn on the first visit to Telos.

Erm...still drawing blanks, I know I've done that sidequest at some point on some playthrough at some time, but eh...

I forgot why we're even talking about Duros bounty hunters in the first place.

Guest Lex

I hope this doesn't sound like "WEN IS IT WIL B DONE", but in terms of percentage, how's the work going?

I hope this doesn't sound like "WEN IS IT WIL B DONE", but in terms of percentage, how's the work going?

55% I'd say. It's my magic 'somewhere around halfway done' number.

If it helps any we have these following modules to finish

*900 - Damaged Ebon Hawk

*905 - Trayus Crescent (few more cutscenes)

906 - Trayus Proving Grounds

908 - New Module

*903 - Trayus Academy

*904 - Trayus Core

1000 - Endgame Module

the ones with '*'s are at least halfway done.

Compared to the modules that are essentially done (with extensive bug testing yet to be done):

901 - Malachor Surface

902 - Malachor Depths

907 - Trayus Core (cutscene module)

So that's 3 done, 4 half done, and 3 yet to start

Guest Lex

908 - New Module

New module? Sorry if I missed anything on this topic, but what is going to be this new module?

Heh, how could I have expected any other answer. :P

Yeah seriously, how could you? The only hint I can give you is that it is a Malachor module.

Guest Lex

I guess that would be the "900 - Damaged Ebon Hawk". =P

Damaged Ebon Hawk on the inside?

If I had to stroke a guess, I'd wager it'd look quite a bit like the Ebon Hawk in the beginning of the game, in the tutorial.

Guest Zhaboka

If I had to stroke a guess, I'd wager it'd look quite a bit like the Ebon Hawk in the beginning of the game, in the tutorial.

That's COOL! It's like a full-circle kind of thing, you started out on a badly damaged Ebon Hawk and you land on your final planet and wake up in a badly damaged Ebon Hawk.

Guest nerdenstein

Sorry, I'm a little late to the discussion but I just wanted to say, thank you for this mod!

I've read the changes/comparisons in the first post and I love them!

One thing I will say, is at one point in the thread, I noticed a part about killing some of the party members off. Will this be an optional part of the story? I'd like to think that my party survive at the end of the game due to my choice of saving them. (Aside from Kreia of course.)

I thought the ending was too short, not knowing the fates of my companions in the vanilla game, Other than Mira.

So the inclusion of Mandalor and Vidas walking the surface is a great addition! Also, the ending where, from that point you can choose to end the game by choosing Unknown Regions in the map was cool too!

One thing I will say, is at one point in the thread, I noticed a part about killing some of the party members off. Will this be an optional part of the story? I'd like to think that my party survive at the end of the game due to my choice of saving them. (Aside from Kreia of course.)

It's hard to say. There are paths that allow for certain party members to be killed off. Atton vs. Sion for instance, can end with Atton dying, and Atton vs. Disciple or Handmaiden vs. Visas could result in someone dying.

But as far as killing your party off, it's something we're leaning away from. After all, it seems a little random and convenient that you get to kill off party members so late in the game. Not to mention it's antithetical to some of the themes in the game.

So the inclusion of Mandalor and Vidas walking the surface is a great addition! Also, the ending where, from that point you can choose to end the game by choosing Unknown Regions in the map was cool too!

Thanks! We worked hard on that Mandalore and Visas scene, but just like anything that's super good, we may have to go back and tweak it.

As far as the Unknown Regions go, we're not entirely sure about ending the game that way still. It's still a possibility of course, but whatever works the best is what we'll end up doing.

It's hard to say. There are paths that allow for certain party members to be killed off. Atton vs. Sion for instance, can end with Atton dying, and Atton vs. Disciple or Handmaiden vs. Visas could result in someone dying.

But as far as killing your party off, it's something we're leaning away from. After all, it seems a little random and convenient that you get to kill off party members so late in the game. Not to mention it's antithetical to some of the themes in the game.

Thanks! We worked hard on that Mandalore and Visas scene, but just like anything that's super good, we may have to go back and tweak it.

As far as the Unknown Regions go, we're not entirely sure about ending the game that way still. It's still a possibility of course, but whatever works the best is what we'll end up doing.

I'll say it was convenient, more like terribly out of place. When I even saw the option to dispose of the party I raised a brow. Even if the Exile is dark sided, what's the point? Why would he/she kill them? For laughs? Because they no longer have any use?

Regardless of alignment it still seemed odd, so I'm glad y'all decided to lean away from that kinda thinking.

Guest AttonsGirl

This NPC could be Bao -dur (know someone who can do his voice) or just a general NPC- Republic soldier/officer.

Several suggestions and/or preferences:

1. If you know someone who can perfectly imitate Bao-Dur's voice, can you add a scene before the droid factory showing him helping HK-47 get in and dying in the process? Because I find it extremely annoying how he completely disappears with no explanation, and HK-47 shows up in the droid factory with no explanation as to how he got there.

2. Could you make it to where the doors will lock behind you once you choose a path in the Academy? The first time I played TSL in vanilla, I didn't realize that I had to pick one side or the other. I was a level 29 and wanted to make it to 30 (plus I didn't want to miss out on any cool items on the other side), so I played through one side, then I backtracked and played through the other. If the choice is so important, you shouldn't be able to choose both.

3. During Kreia's visions, do you think you could show some sort of cut scene while she talks? For example, if you helped Telos, while she talks about the beautiful planet it will become, you will actually see it in the future? This might take too much programming for too little of a result, but I thought it would make the visions much more interesting, instead of staring at Kreia's face the whole time.

4. And one more: If Atton loses the fight with Sion, Sion makes dire pronouncements on how he will make Atton suffer just as he did. In the spirit of being realistic, I think it would be really cool if someone did a reskin of Atton with the broken bones and such like Sion has for the last scene at the end of the game. That way you really get more of a sense of what Sion did to him.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Really looking forward to this mod! :unsure:

And if you're darksided, then you'd probably want to keep feeding off the power given by their Force Bonds anyway.

1. If you know someone who can perfectly imitate Bao-Dur's voice, can you add a scene before the droid factory showing him helping HK-47 get in and dying in the process? Because I find it extremely annoying how he completely disappears with no explanation, and HK-47 shows up in the droid factory with no explanation as to how he got there.

It would be nice, but we do have something in the works for Bao-Dur's fate. It is really awkward how he just disappears, so we're trying to think of something. Unfortunately, Bao-Dur's fate will not be elaborated upon in this mod, as this only addresses Malachor.

2. Could you make it to where the doors will lock behind you once you choose a path in the Academy? The first time I played TSL in vanilla, I didn't realize that I had to pick one side or the other. I was a level 29 and wanted to make it to 30 (plus I didn't want to miss out on any cool items on the other side), so I played through one side, then I backtracked and played through the other. If the choice is so important, you shouldn't be able to choose both.

We already plan to do this :unsure:. The fact that you suggested it only proves furthermore that it's a good idea. Thanks!

3. During Kreia's visions, do you think you could show some sort of cut scene while she talks? For example, if you helped Telos, while she talks about the beautiful planet it will become, you will actually see it in the future? This might take too much programming for too little of a result, but I thought it would make the visions much more interesting, instead of staring at Kreia's face the whole time.

It would be nice, and it was something we had considered, but we'd have to pull off some pretty amazing tricks to do it without loading screens mid cutscene.

4. And one more: If Atton loses the fight with Sion, Sion makes dire pronouncements on how he will make Atton suffer just as he did. In the spirit of being realistic, I think it would be really cool if someone did a reskin of Atton with the broken bones and such like Sion has for the last scene at the end of the game. That way you really get more of a sense of what Sion did to him.

Done.

Guest Zhaboka

It would be nice, and it was something we had considered, but we'd have to pull off some pretty amazing tricks to do it without loading screens mid cutscene.

How about a .bik movie á la Revan's revelation on the Leviathan in KotOR?

How about a .bik movie á la Revan's revelation on the Leviathan in KotOR?

We thought about that, but it would require us to make some locales that are a bit beyond our modeling abilities right now. Not to mention we'd probably do better for ourselves if we focused on pretty much everything else first.

On Bao-Dur's Fate, you can add the deleted line " Make My sacrifice matter" when Bao talks to remote through the hologram. ( Chriss Avellone says himself that Bao-Dur dies when he helps HK-47 on Telos). So, if Exile is to acompany remote when it sets the shadow generator from the 4 shipwrecks, you can add a set of scripts to the exile after he/she sees the hologram to respond to bao-dur's sacrifice:

LS: Your death will not be in vain, I promise you, Bao-Dur!

DS: Fool! You sacrificed your life for nothing.

( Something like this! I hope you get the picture:D )

And as for Atton, after he looses his fight to Sion, you can simply set him on the full dark side appearance to match the tortured and disfigured claim. ( Regardless to the Alignment )