Kate The Bionic Uterus

Iziz Cantina CTD

So I haven't had a problem until I came to Iziz. It took me a few time to enter the merchant square. The game froze and then a CTD. I finally got in and played up until I needed to solve the murder and tried to enter the cantina. CTD. I have multiple saves and went back and tried 3 different saves. I guess I could try replaying the entire Iziz part completely as a last resort.

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? Iziz Cantina first time trying to enter
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.8.3b and 1.1b respectively) I am honestly not sure. I followed the install directions from the front page exactly. I don't know of a 1.1b? How can I tell? ***If you are talking about the TSL patch then; YES
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version? NA original disks
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY) Yes
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file? No
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.) Vanilla installation of tslrcmm4-78ep
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? Trying to enter the cantina for the first time. Even if I try to turn arount and go back to the merchant quarter I also get a CTD. I tried going back to a save before I was in the Western Square and replayed it up until I had to go and solve the murder going back and forth and still got a ctd when I tried to enter the cantina.
8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod? Are you kidding me? That is a deal breaker 0______0 I am not replaying the entire game. The most is that I'll replay from Duxun to Iziz
9) Have you tried using a different save game? Multiple save games 4 to be exact.
10) Have you tried starting a new game? That is not happening. Skyrim is the next game I start playing unless I complete this game then I will replay it as a Light Side Jedi Consular Master
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) Win 7
12) Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen? Yes

Edited by Kate The Bionic Uterus

Ok I went to an earlier save when I first entered the Merchant area and ran past straight to the cantina and was able to enter it. However I turned around and left and tried to re enter and boom! CTD again.

I guess I am going to try and replay the entire Iziz part from the Sith Assassin attack and again. Maybe I'll go to one save game before that which is no big deal as I have a save game right before speaking to Mandalor. But that will have to be some time next week as I have no time to game this weekend.

are you using reshade or glintercept? (or anything that required placing an opengl32.dll in your install main (not override) folder)

are you using reshade or glintercept? (or anything that required placing an opengl32.dll in your install main (not override) folder)

100% vanilla because I wanted to avoid the mod incompatibility issues that prevented me from completing the m4-78EP on my last try 2 years ago.

personally i had a similar crash, removing the opengl dll fixed it for me, my crash was just like yours. maybe you could attach the save to a post?

ok give me a sec;

I can't, even compressed the file is too big at 6.28mb and the limit is 5mb :( and that is just the SAVE file not the entire folder. *sigh*

I can't even find a "opengl dll" on my entire computer. Do you know of the path where you think it could be found?

Edited by Sith Holocron

Try this, look in the main game folder and find something that says currentgame or gameinprogress. If you have that, delete it and I swear the game will not CTD. It happened to me on my dark side playthrough on Onderon, deleting it helped.

Try this, look in the main game folder and find something that says currentgame or gameinprogress. If you have that, delete it and I swear the game will not CTD. It happened to me on my dark side playthrough on Onderon, deleting it helped.

I cut the folder to my desktop and tried your solution but it ha no effect. Every time I move each of those two files my computer remakes the file.

Let try to explain it better:

When I try to enter the cantina the LOADING screen freezes right towards the end of the bar and if I click the left mouse button the game crashes then with a pop up window saying that the game is not working. I just came back from trying to let the game load for over an hour. The game is crashing when I try entering the cantina.

I cut the folder to my desktop and tried your solution but it ha no effect. Every time I move each of those two files my computer remakes the file.

Let try to explain it better:

When I try to enter the cantina the LOADING screen freezes right towards the end of the bar and if I click the left mouse button the game crashes then with a pop up window saying that the game is not working. I just came back from trying to let the game load for over an hour. The game is crashing when I try entering the cantina.

See, I had that same issue and deleting those folders helped solve it. Maybe it's something in your system? 

It's just Onderon being Onderon.

Lower graphics to the min, and try to force it to load... it will after a minor amount of tries, then you can simply save and put everything high again...

It's just Onderon being Onderon.

Lower graphics to the min, and try to force it to load... it will after a minor amount of tries, then you can simply save and put everything high again...

With over easily over 100 plus games I have never had this problem, however 99% of those games were played on winXP with the same config settings... I wish I would of waited for more comments but last night I uninstalled to the game when I read the last comment which was posted before yours saying that that there was something wrong with my system. Which of course there isn't. I have Fallout New Vegas installed on Ultra settings runni9ng "Midhrastic ENB", and Skyrim at Ultra settings so I knew that "my system" was working fine. Besides my "system" is a dedicated gaming rig. My "system specs" are on my profile page.

Unfortunately I clicked the "record video button for FRAPS without realizes it and my ssd filled up the other day so I thought maybe the two issues were related. I decided to see what would happen if I reinstalled the game following the instructions that were listed on this thread. That was also when I decided to check my FRAPS folder and discovered all the videos of my last KOTOR II gaming session. :pc:

Anyhoos I guess I'll reinstall it next week sometime :ouch:  At least I backed up my save games folder :blush:

Thanks for all the help :vava:

I've only had it happen like once or twice too (with hundreds of playthroughs). Similar for the Dantooine Plains backscreen, so many games only had it once.