Golselect

I have a problem with the K1 Jedi Revan Robe

I recently installed this mod, and to test it i ran an old save after leviathan i had (i mention it if it could be the source of the problem).

So when i run the game and enter the code to get the robe, as soon as I put on the robe the game crashes. So i ask if anyone knows the source of the problem.

PD: I also tried it with a new override folder, thinking it could be a problem of compatibility, but it didn't work either.

When installing the mod, did you get the warning about the "driverunanim" thing? If so, you need to either edit the appearance.2da or post it as a .zip file for someone to edit it for you.

I didn't get the warning but to see if that was the problem i went to kotor tool and the value of driverunanim was the correct, 3.96. Could you try the mod and see if you have the same problem?

I've had that kind of crash before with this mod, or at least I think it was the same mod (sounds very similar at least). I think it has something to do with the fact that the robe is a disguise item (so it swaps your character to use another row from appearance.2da) and that the row it swaps you to use doesn't have a body model set for that current body slot you were using before putting on the robes (so the game tries to show a model that does not exist, which causes the character to not appear in the game, which causes a crash).

Easy way to test: change the character to regular clothing/remove the character's clothing totally before putting the Revan robes on. If it works, you need to fill the missing body model slots for that row in appearance.2da.

I've had that kind of crash before with this mod, or at least I think it was the same mod (sounds very similar at least). I think it has something to do with the fact that the robe is a disguise item (so it swaps your character to use another row from appearance.2da) and that the row it swaps you to use doesn't have a body model set for that current body slot you were using before putting on the robes (so the game tries to show a model that does not exist, which causes the character to not appear in the game, which causes a crash).

Easy way to test: change the character to regular clothing/remove the character's clothing totally before putting the Revan robes on. If it works, you need to fill the missing body model slots for that row in appearance.2da.

I tried it as you said, but it didn't work. But I think i discovered the source of the problem is what you said, it hasn't a model, because yesterday I installed the K1 Enhancement Pack mod, with an NPC improvement, and it seems it relocated some rows of the appearance.2da, and when i tried the revan suit, it showed zaalbar's model instead. And when I checked if the driverunanim value was correct, i saw many empty values on the mod's rows

I must admit, I've never tested if that test actually works or not. (Though I must admit, Zaalbar disguise sounds cool.)

Okay. I don't remember what's the correct name of the model, and I can't check it with this computer, but I'm sure you can find it from your file, if you can catch the correct row. So. Open the appearance.2da with Kotor Tool and find the correct row. You need the columns "modela", "modelb", "modelc", "modeld", "modele", "modelf", "modelg", "modelh", "modeli" and "modelj" to have the same value (the one that's not **** but actually a model name, though I, as I said, can't remember what it is). Also, you need the columns "texa", "texb", "texc", "texd", "texe", "texf", "texg", "texh", "texi" and "texj" to have a same value (the one that's not ****). Chech the values of those columns and pick the one that actually has something in it, and put it to the mentioned columns that don't have the value.

I'm not 100% sure I got all the correct columns (I checked the list of TSL's appearance.2da, and it has its differences), but you should be able to get the idea. The columns that have "model" + single letter are the model columns, and "tex" + single letter are the texture columns for those models.

I must admit, I've never tested if that test actually works or not. (Though I must admit, Zaalbar disguise sounds cool.)

Okay. I don't remember what's the correct name of the model, and I can't check it with this computer, but I'm sure you can find it from your file, if you can catch the correct row. So. Open the appearance.2da with Kotor Tool and find the correct row. You need the columns "modela", "modelb", "modelc", "modeld", "modele", "modelf", "modelg", "modelh", "modeli" and "modelj" to have the same value (the one that's not **** but actually a model name, though I, as I said, can't remember what it is). Also, you need the columns "texa", "texb", "texc", "texd", "texe", "texf", "texg", "texh", "texi" and "texj" to have a same value (the one that's not ****). Chech the values of those columns and pick the one that actually has something in it, and put it to the mentioned columns that don't have the value.

I'm not 100% sure I got all the correct columns (I checked the list of TSL's appearance.2da, and it has its differences), but you should be able to get the idea. The columns that have "model" + single letter are the model columns, and "tex" + single letter are the texture columns for those models.

So let's say for example, that on the columes modela and texa I have "ZM_StarForgeA" written. So with this text i have to fill the other model and tex columns, right? If so I'm afraid to say that it didn't work either. I thought of filling it with the revan model's texts from each column, but the mod it's standalone, with it's own textures, so I dont know if it could work.

That's what I meant, yes. Are you sure you clicked another row of the appearance.2da before saving the file? For some reason, Kotor Tool can't save the changes if you don't. (That's easy to check by closing the 2da and then opening it again; if the changs are there, then they have been saved). And that the "ZM_StarForgeA.mdl" and "ZM_StarForgeA.mdx" files are in the Override folder, if that's the name of the model?

If that's all there, you could try with some other model name (like the Revan model - it may seem odd (but on the other hand, it may not) but there's no reason why it should crash) to see if it works or not. If it works, then there's something with the model. (Re-loading the mod might help in that case - it's possible that the file has corrupted during the download.)