blinkyzero

Modifying Functions in k_inc_ scripts

Hi folks, I'm working on something that requires tweaking the random drop functions in k_inc_drop from KotOR1. I haven't quite figured out how to go about this, though. Included scripts are bundled into the main scripts that call them, so I assume that I have to recompile all of the scripts that call for this particular #include after modifying it? Or is there an easier way to simply overwrite the functions?

Nope, you have to re-compile all scripts using that include script as base, with your new script as base.

Ugh, that's what I figured. Thanks -- I came up with a way of getting around it in another script, but it's good to know.

Nope, you have to re-compile all scripts using that include script as base, with your new script as base.

You still have the source for all of the TSLRCM loot scripts though, right? I could easily set up a repository for the source scripts. Would be super easy.

You still have the source for all of the TSLRCM loot scripts though, right? I could easily set up a repository for the source scripts. Would be super easy.

Yes, but Blink's mod is for K1 for now...

I think I'm going to be able to do it all without touching the original scripts now, actually, but thanks! There's an easy way around reworking the random drop functions...just dynamically remove everything they could possibly add from the inventory of each enemy once it's perceived, then fill them up with your own stuff. Works perfectly thus far.

In other news, I just spent freaking hours wondering why the hell my AssignCommand() blocks weren't working right, or at all, with my SetCommandable() calls. I wish I'd known earlier that these commands are run at the end of the current script and accordingly you have to go about them a little bit backwards. This scripting system can be awfully peculiar at times.

edit: and yeah, this mod's for K1 right now, but once I'm done I plan on porting it to K2.

It's already a download;

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/325-tslrcm-loot-fix-base-scripts/

So other people don't have to do the same digging or fixing I needed to do 0_o