InSidious

Which mods use these files?

I've had a fairly large KotOR I content mod in the works for a while now, which I am close to putting into open beta. Because of the nature of the mod, it modifies five quite significant files in the game, which I imagine are used by quite a lot of other mods. I've been trying to use TSLPatcher to attach extra entries to the .dlg files, but this is turning out to be very fiddly to get right, and I'm close to giving up on that idea. Frankly, it's holding up release.

So, I want to assess how serious the level of incompatibility will be if I don't patch these files in the way I've intended. That's where this thread comes in, as I need help compiling a list of mods which use these files, and I could also use help in assessing how widely these mods are used.

Here is the list of files edited, and the list of mods I'm currently aware of which edit them:

1. dan13_belaya.dlg
- Juhani's Dark Robe by ChAiNz.2da

2. kas25_wraid.utc
- Two new lightsabers by Achilles

3. kor35_utharwynn.dlg
- Korriban Academy Workbench by Darth InSidious*

4. kor39_utharwynn.dlg
?

5. unk44_sparty.dlg
- KotOR Skills Rebalancing Mod by Thrak Farelle

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

*I will either make a compatibility patch, or restructure the scripts for my new mod to account for this one.

It really really REALLY sucks... and I certainly aren't going to do it. In my own mods I place the files directly in the .MOD (I suppose .ERF for KOTOR1, unless K1R also uses .mod and you want to use it as base) files, of course that's not compatible if others change the same file.

And if there's a file in the override... well, it would override this inserted file too.

A comp-dlg should be quite easy to do then, and to install to, players just drop it in the override folder. And if they have enough of the other mod, and remove the file from override, there's still the one doing your mods work.

IMO.