Kexikus

MOD:Canon Galaxy Map for KotOR 1

Canon Galaxy Map for KotOR 1

=========================================================================

CANON GALAXY MAP FOR KOTOR

by Kexikus

=========================================================================

ABOUT

This mod changes the position of all planets on the galaxy map to roughly their canonical positions. I also included a new icon for the starforge and enlarged the planets to the same size as in KotOR 2 TSL.

In version 1.1 I added support for RedHawke's Ord Mantell mod. Additionally I included a new texture for Ord Mantell so that it does no longer share Korriban's texture.

INSTALLATION

Simply let TSL Patcher do its magic. It should find your KotOR installation automatically. If it doesn't and you have to select it manually, choose the folder that includes swkotor.exe.

UNINSTALLATION

Delete galaxymap.gui and lbl_strfrge.tga from your Override folder and copy galaxymap.gui from this mods backup folder into Override. Note The second step is only necessary (and possible) if you had galaxymap.gui in your Override folder when installing this mod.

INCOMPABILITIES

It's obviously incompatible with any mod that changes the size and position of the planets andor changes the Starforge icon, but aside from that there are none I know of. Note Since this mod only changes the placement of vanilla planets (for now), these positions might interfere with planets added by mods. This shouldn't be gamebreaking in any way but could look ugly on your galaxy map.

CREDITS

Mod by Kexikus

TSL Patcher by stoffe

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR BIOWARE. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

Why does this use the patcher?

For compability, the reason why EVERY mod that edits .2da, .ut*, .gui or pretty much any other KotOR file type except for textures and models uses TSLPatcher.

Why do you keep asking that question? It's not like using TSLPatcher is any more work than manual installation (especially if you want to install more than 2 mods and keep a playable game).

For compability, the reason why EVERY mod that edits .2da, .ut*, .gui or pretty much any other KotOR file type except for textures and models uses TSLPatcher.

Why do you keep asking that question? It's not like using TSLPatcher is any more work than manual installation (especially if you want to install more than 2 mods and keep a playable game).

I understand why TSLPatcher in general is used, but honestly I was just wondering why for this in particular seeing as I don't really know of any other type of mod of this nature. 

I understand why TSLPatcher in general is used, but honestly I was just wondering why for this in particular seeing as I don't really know of any other type of mod of this nature. 

Me neither, but why reduce compability on the assumption that such a mod will never be made? If I had not used TSLPatcher this mod would be incompatible with any mods that might add planets in the future (like Sleheyron) and I don't see how that would be a good thing.

Me neither, but why reduce compability on the assumption that such a mod will never be made? If I had not used TSLPatcher this mod would be incompatible with any mods that might add planets in the future (like Sleheyron) and I don't see how that would be a good thing.

Of course, of course, I apologise for the ignorance on my part.