Sign in to follow this  
MrPhil

Hey, my 1st mod

Thank you! I'd like to host-it in the download section of this site. How can we do so?

Click on the downloads page and on top of the page under the green bar it should say: Main Search Downloads Add File

Edited by JoeWJ

Lol, I may try, but I haven't been playing-it for a long time. If I do so you'd have to be very patient as I've got plenty of other thing in my hands at the moment...

No problem. If you're busy, then if you could type up how on my "How to start modding" thread and I'll try it myself.

I was about to type-it yesterday when I tought... damn, there are just so many programs you gotta get... and blah blah zzzzzzz. So you need Kotor Tools.

Then look for "spells.2da"

If K1 and K2 are programmed in the same way, you should find the "forbiditemmask" row within.

In K2, this has to be set to 0x0000 to remove any condition for using the force power.

This has to be done with all the powers into the .2da (1 power per line...)

Save-it.

Now this spells.2da has to be in your override to come into effect.

If you want to know about the part where you use the TSL Patcher to make those change, well, I just hated that part, so I'll tell you what they told me over holowan labs: try and learn to use the TSL Patcher...

Edited by MrPhil

Haven't played the game (K1) in a while. Could anybody that has this mod take a screenie while they are casting a force power with a heavy mando armor on? I've tried to send this file to filefront but failed because I lacked screenshots... damned bastards, it's not like we need some to know what's hapening about this mod... Please send-me the screenie also (PM me so I'll PM you my e-mail address)...

Would they accept just some graphic that says something like "Removes the armor restriction on Force powers"? I've seen files before with nothing more than that as an image. http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Sound_Mod_For_Both_KOTOR_TSL;64759 as an example

Edited by jswartz0181

Hey, if anybody could do that, I'm sure Shem would not get any file refused. So maybe I'll do that, but I also want a screensht a little more graphic... so they might understand what's going on :) (after all, how are they to understand the min focus of this mod [which is to encourage compatibility with Force Pack mods] without a picture........)