Sign in to follow this  
pegolego

Easy walkthrough to install the Sith Lords restored content?

Hey guys! I'm quite a noob at this and, yes (believe it or not) going to embark on KotOR II for the first time! I just bought KotOR 1 and 2 in the collection re-release for PC, completed (at least 1 playthrough; 29ish hours lol) of KotOR 1 in 8 days.

I've been told that I MUST have this mod for the complete experience, and I'm excited to get started on the game! The problem is, I've never download any mods/content for a game before (it's been YEARS since I PC gamed period) and I have no clue what I'm doing. It says in the instructions things like 'download official patch' and my mind is like 'Blah, blah. Blah. BLAH'. So, if anybody could help me through this, that'd be great :)

If it helps, I am playing on the 2012 KotOR Collection version, as mentioned. I'm also interested in the Droid planet add on and some smaller add-ons (like Sion's glowing eye). I've already installed the KotOR II game, but haven't attempted to download any mods for it yet, and haven't really begun playing (I created my character, loaded up and then saved without really starting, because I remembered to find this). I am using a Windows 8 home PC.

Thanks in advance guys! :welcome:

That version comes pre-patched, so you don't need it.

For the rest; really; Just follow the instructions as given on the download page...

• Like 1

You can find the patch on kotorfiles (google-it). TSL RCM 1.8.3 you can find here, same with M4-78EP. You must install patch first, then TSL RCM, then M4-78EP then whatever else.

Alright, thanks guys! So, no need to un install my game? And, just do what it says, except I don't need the patch because it already has it?

Oh, I get it, the Collection is already pre-patched.

So just download the Restoration then the Droid Planet etc.

One last question: Will it work on the save file I already started, or do I need to start a 'new game'?

The RCM worked, it seems (it says it is there on the main menu). Proceeding to install the Droid Planet and such.

Thanks so much guys! Where can I donate to this wonderful program? (I have some extra cash now that I deal Star Wars Miniatures on a regular basis lol) :handy:

Oh, I get it, the Collection is already pre-patched.

So just download the Restoration then the Droid Planet etc.

One last question: Will it work on the save file I already started, or do I need to start a 'new game'?

Yeah, usually, it is better to start a new game, just in case ;)

Incase you wonder, that version also comes with high-res movies and music pre-installed...

So you don't need anything official at all...