Maugomale

Removing the legal info screen from KotOR2?

It's been an usual practice of mine to always remove the Lucasarts and Bioware/Obsidian logos, as well as the legal info .bik files whenever I reinstall one of the KotOR games. Doing so in KotOR 1 would take you directly to the main menu whenever you open the game, but for some reason this is not the case in KotOR 2. It still displays the legal info (that screen with Sion, Nihilus and Visas, with a bunch of stuff at the bottom), even after removing the Legal.bik file from the Movies folder.

I know this is some awful nitpicking on my part, considering it only stays on screen for a couple of seconds, but is there any way to remove it for good or is it hardcoded to appear every time you launch the game? Thanks in advance for any solutions you guys might have

It's been an usual practice of mine to always remove the Lucasarts and Bioware/Obsidian logos, as well as the legal info .bik files whenever I reinstall one of the KotOR games. Doing so in KotOR 1 would take you directly to the main menu whenever you open the game, but for some reason this is not the case in KotOR 2. It still displays the legal info (that screen with Sion, Nihilus and Visas, with a bunch of stuff at the bottom), even after removing the Legal.bik file from the Movies folder.

I know this is some awful nitpicking on my part, considering it only stays on screen for a couple of seconds, but is there any way to remove it for good or is it hardcoded to appear every time you launch the game? Thanks in advance for any solutions you guys might have

It's actually a texture, oddly enough. Legal.tpc, and you can use Kotor Tool and Gimp to make the alpha layer(you'll see it in Gimp) completely black, then save it as a .tga in the override. Then the texture will be completely black/not there.

You can do the same thing with leclogo.tpc.

But wouldn't that just replace it with a black screen that would take the same amount of time to get to the main menu? My intention in removing it was to completely skip it, not just erasing what's on the picture