Sign in to follow this  
LiliArch

Alternative textures (DS transitions, and so on)

Okay, I got this stupid-ish idea of putting a holomessage in that holocron in the Sith Academy of TSL Korriban if Revan was LS (like the one of Bastila, if Revan was DS - I hate that useless holocron in case of LS Revan). So far so good. The problem is, I had a really specific image in my head of that character I wanted to put in there. So I had to tweak a head model to work the way I wanted it to work, which unfortunately drove me in a situation where I need two .tga files for the head's texture.

Well, it works just fine, at least the texture part. MDLOps seems to hate me for some reason and doesn't recompile models properly, so I have to hex edit the model to get it working the way I want, and that can be quite a pain sometimes. But enough for that.

Question is, is there a way to set alternative textures (DS transitions) in a situation where you have _two_ texture images in a model? As far as I can see, heads.2Da:s alttexture columns refer to a name of an image file that is used instead of the one determined in the model itself. So does it replace one texture image file, or both texture image files, or... what? Is there any way to get two-image texture with proper DS transitions?

I'm gonna give it a try anyway, but in case that I can't get it working, and in case that someone already knows the answer, it would save me some time if I wouldn't need to use a couple of days for a problem that is already solved.

Not that there would be much need for alternative textures in a situation you need that particular head only in one holomessage, but in the name of perfectionism and madness... plus, I might need that head somewhere else, too. We'll see.

AFAIK; Alternative in the heads colum is there for if the PC uses said head, any NPC using that head will use the replacement head rather than the original if set to that head.

Question is, is there a way to set alternative textures (DS transitions) in a situation where you have _two_ texture images in a model? As far as I can see, heads.2Da:s alttexture columns refer to a name of an image file that is used instead of the one determined in the model itself. So does it replace one texture image file, or both texture image files, or... what? Is there any way to get two-image texture with proper DS transitions?

That texture would replace both textures used on the head, unfortunately. The only way you could pull it off is if you remapped the head and put both of the textures into one file.

It stinks, but that's how it is...

HH, that's the alternative head column in appearance.2da. I was talking about heads.2da. It has columns that determine textures.

Though looks it doesn't matter anymore. I can't get the .mdx file working properly, so I have to remap the head anyway. And I don't even know how to do that. Argh! All I know is that I have to scale the head texture and recalculate three hundred tverts. And that most likely causes everything to be misplaced. Well, off we go, then... I suppose there's no way to get a partial texture replacement with a .txi file, hmm? Or a way to add a texture on top of another... All I need is to put some markings on other side of the head, that are not on another side of the head. It worked fine when I duplicated "head" skin and gave the duplicate its own texture, but as I said, I can't get the .mdx file working properly... plus, I really want to be able to make those dark side transitions.