Sign in to follow this  
broas

Fixes

Several times I've seen statements that you guys aren't interested in fixing vanilla bugs, and aren't interested in compatibility with the unofficial patch (although it might be of sketchy quality, I've never used it).

Where can one go for vanilla bug fixes while playing TSLRCM?

well originally we had no real intention of doing a lot of fixing in those areas but with Hassat Hunter help (and bug finding abilities) 1.7 contains a "lot" of generic bug fixes as well as improvements to a lot cut material as well as improvements to generic scenes.

1.7 should be uploaded "very soon". ;)

i see, tyvm for responding.

Derailing the topic, do you guys have a readme that contains a complete changelog, or is that thread on the changes made up to date?

Also, I've been thinking about playing through again (and debuting your mod, of course), and remembered that precog gets negated by jedi armor; drove me insane when I found out in game. Just wondering if that is a bug or a feature.

Derailing the topic, do you guys have a readme that contains a complete changelog, or is that thread on the changes made up to date?

We don't have a "complete" changLog the new read-me will have a list of changes for 1.7. The biggest problem is to make a complete changelist,we'd first have to remember "all" the changes and additions we made and some of us (meaning me)are a bit forgetful and also the list would be so large we didn't want to bore players. lol

Also, I've been thinking about playing through again (and debuting your mod, of course), and remembered that precog gets negated by jedi armor; drove me insane when I found out in game. Just wondering if that is a bug or a feature.

Thats one of those bugs that isn't really a bug in that some armors are intended to restrict force powers,if we removed it from the armors than you could use all force powers with armor. I believe there is a mod at filefront that does exactly this and would work just fine with TSLRCM.

No, don't make it "very soon", make it "moderately soon" and include more fixes for the stuff I brought up!

Oh don't worry , Hassat Hunter was quite busy with a lot of your suggestions. ;)

Thats one of those bugs that isn't really a bug in that some armors are intended to restrict force powers,if we removed it from the armors than you could use all force powers with armor. I believe there is a mod at filefront that does exactly this and would work just fine with TSLRCM.

Well...yeah, armor is supposed to restrict the use of powers. Jedi-specific armor, however, is supposed to allow powers to be used (I think one is called "Jal Shey" for reference). I would suppose that it depends on whether battle precog can be considered a power exempt from the armors' force allowances.

Not really worth too much scrutiny, I guess.

Yeah, you're better off with robes as high WIS char (and/or high DEX). It definitely looks like a bug but I wouldn't even know where to start to begin searching how to fix it...

@ Markus; what stuff did you bring up? Recently, I mean? :?

Yeah, you're better off with robes as high WIS char (and/or high DEX). It definitely looks like a bug but I wouldn't even know where to start to begin searching how to fix it...

well, you can upgrade the armor to resist forums of damage (30% resist energy overlay), much more so than any robe. I'm not so sure it's a bug, though: the handmaiden gives it to you, so it's an echani thing, not necessarily a force thing. Also, would armor restrict the amount given by WIS to AC in the same way it does to DEX? I guess I would assume not, since precog has nothing to do with being restricted in armor or w/e.

Summary: not necessarily a bug.

It's listed under Force Powers however, and not Feats.

And gets disabled when wearing armor.

So...

oh...I was just spouting things from memory, assumed it was feat. Kinda weird that you learn more about the force with someone who doesn't necessarily (yet) have any proficiency there. I'm sure you guys would know about design intent pretty well by now, though, so even only a guess is possible (not saying you're guessing, per se), yours is better educated.

Guest wvsnl
well originally we had no real intention of doing a lot of fixing in those areas but with Hassat Hunter help (and bug finding abilities) 1.7 contains a "lot" of generic bug fixes as well as improvements to a lot cut material as well as improvements to generic scenes.

1.7 should be uploaded "very soon". ;)

Is it possible that very soon is with in lets say a week? Because on friday my autumn holiday's start, and I would have plenty of time to play 1.7. Or is very soon within a month. Sorry I hate to ask but I am really anxious to know.

"Very soon" means "sooner than most of you expect".

Won't say any more than that ; )

Ah, and also I remember Force Speed and Armor failing to give any AC bonus whatsoever (whereas they worked fine in the first game). I saw unstackability with other sources of AC suggested as a cause for that though...dunno any more.

More nitpicking to come, perhaps.

There is a cap to denfensive boosts gained as such.

Speed and Armor by itself work just fine...

What is this cap to defensive boosts, and is there any way to change it?

@ Markus; what stuff did you bring up? Recently, I mean? :?
More recently than my two-part Report, none. But,

- some of the problems there existed in 1.5 and I think even 1.4 too and still weren't fully fixed in 1.6 (and with some of them I have no knowledge of that it'll be different for 1.7), like e.g. the skills lesson.

- I'm wondering (after all the confusion you put me through, I have really nfc) if the suggestions about the releasing of prisoners on Malachor were indeed being considered, and if so, a hypothetical push for a quicker release of 1.7 could have caused them to be dropped

- some of the stuff you disagreed with but I'm secretly hoping you're not the only one paying attention and will be overruled :P

Sounds like 1.7 is out now, though?

Edited by Markus Ramikin

- some of the problems there existed in 1.5 and I think even 1.4 too and still weren't fully fixed in 1.6 (and with some of them I have no knowledge of that it'll be different for 1.7), like e.g. the skills lesson.

Pretty much the same. It didn't work at all in 1.4 though (like vanilla), so there was a difference there ;).

- I'm wondering (after all the confusion you put me through, I have really nfc) if the suggestions about the releasing of prisoners on Malachor were indeed being considered, and if so, a hypothetical push for a quicker release of 1.7 could have caused them to be dropped

I had a good idea, but the need for translation ruined that. So, it's still the same old...

- some of the stuff you disagreed with but I'm secretly hoping you're not the only one paying attention and will be overruled :P

Can you get any vaguer, please? :P

Sounds like 1.7 is out now, though?

Yup, apparently.

Can you get any vaguer, please? ;)

Hm... *tries really hard* no, I don't think I can. ;)

Basically read my report threads and look for where you disagree with me ;). There were quite a few instances. For instance when you removed the Batono response to clicking on him as B4-D4. (Yes, you "moved" it to other circumstances, but since those circumstances are in practice unreachable as B4, you effectively removed content, I will continue to insist on that).

Well, in that case you shouldn't be dissapointed since that SHOULD be in 1.7.

The list doesn't feature all things after all (like the KSE-Quest section being unbroken, or these things)

I'm glad you guys made yourselves at home in my thread, lol

Anyway, I thought I could make something productive of my interest in this retro game: if you're not gonna look for the battle precog thing, do you have any advice on how I would go about solving it myself?

Anyway, I thought I could make something productive of my interest in this retro game: if you're not gonna look for the battle precog thing, do you have any advice on how I would go about solving it myself?

Nope, otherwise I would look into it myself...

well, I found these two threads. The second one is interesting because it says the precog bonus is added directly to your dex bonus (and therefore limited by armor). I didn't know that (again, all from memory, haven't even reinstalled lol): can anyone confirm?

I digress though, I don't know if this guy's "fix" is really kosher (first link). Only one I've seen though.

supposed fix:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=193603&highlight=battle+precognition

other details:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=181193&highlight=battle+precognition

The second one is interesting because it says the precog bonus is added directly to your dex bonus (and therefore limited by armor). I didn't know that (again, all from memory, haven't even reinstalled lol): can anyone confirm?

Sounds like BS to me...

EDIT: It is. Seems like these people didn't realise Battle Precognition simply doesn't work when using (Force) Armor. It's not capped...

EDIT2: A little KSE cheating later I can 105% assure you that it's total BS.

Edited by Hassat Hunter