Guest GarfieldJL

Force Unleashed 2 (may contain spoilers)

Guest We are called Legion...

While I have not played TFU2 (really liked the first one though) the reviews make me very hesitant to buying it. I'll probably rent it, but it just does not seem to be worth the money to buy it. As far as the story goes, they were probably better off ending with the first game. The biggest problem I have with the game is that they have created a character that is increadably powerful, but by the time we get to Episode IV, there must be absolutely no trace of him at all. If they do make a third game, they really need to put a lot more interesting gameplay into it (how you can have a game that is so short yet so repetitive is minde boggling!) To really make TFU 3 a good game, LucasArts should ask Bioware to make it! ;) But again, the story will have to be very limited as far as the ending goes.

Guest Plastic

Okay, here it goes!

PLASTIC'S OPINION OF TFU2

A LITTLE NOTE ABOUT PLASTIC:

Probably more than half my games are Star Wars ones. I quite like Star Wars. :thumbup:

I actually liked the first game. It had a good typical Star Wars story, and I thought it did a reasonable job.

GAMEPLAY:

Not much comment on this. Probably better then the first.

GRAPHICS:

Superb

GAME LENGTH:

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too short. It was over before you knew it.

OTHER COMMENTS:

The Darth Vader Boss fight was pretty good at first, but after a couple of times, you realize that he is still WAY too easy.

SPOILER: The last fight with Starkiller going into a rage was awsome. I couldn't help but grit my teeth, thinking "YOU KILLED JUNO!!!!!!! I WILL MAKE YOU PAY!" Lightning going everywhere. So cool! But it has to be said, just a little of the Emperor's Lightning killed Vader in Episode VI. So a lot of Starkiller's Lightning only weakened him? Come on... (not that I think Vader should have died, mind you)

Once I finished the game, I have to say, I had not inclination to play it again. (besides the last level, purely for the reason of Starkiller's rage. :)

The two endings were okay.

One thing I don't understand: Throughout Lucasarts' advertising campaign they used the slogan,"UNLEASH TRUTH!" This never happened in the game. They did not confirm within the game's storyline whether or not the main character is a clone. :question:

Another thing: Yoda's appearance doesn't really seem necessary in the game. It seems they just said, "Hey, let's put Yoda in there! He's cool!"

Yoda's hiding! He's waiting for Luke! Having Starkiller find him, puts his safe hiding spot at risk!

CONCLUSION:

In my opinion, they should have left Starkiller at his heroic death on the Death Star.

I have traded TFU2 in (I have kept TFU1). Basically TFU2 was dissapointing to me. However, I will most likely play TFU3 when it comes out to see how they wrap it up.

Guest GarfieldJL

Agreed on the anger management issues. On the yoda issue, remeber that Yoda had specifically chosen Dagobah for his exile because of the dark side cave that was there, which could mask his presence in the Force. So it's not really a wonder that Starkiller didn't sense him.

Also, i am having reservations about the fact that cloning process had not been perfected... Palpatine, 10 years after his death, reappears to challenge Luke Skywalker. And it was cerntain that he was using clone bodies to channel his spirit to. My thought is that even if he could possess a body, he could not be able to use the Force if that body did not have Force potential. That's why he had his own body cloned. Now the exact time that the cloning process was perfected is not known so it goes either way to if Vader was lying or not.

It's a good writing trick to leave the reader in doubt, so we won't know for sure until the next book.

Darkside energies are extremely destructive to the body, Palpatine had to keep getting new clone bodies because he kept wrecking the bodies by immersing himself in the darkside.