File Category: Skins

A.M.D.G.

[TSL] Mass Effect-Style HK-50s

===============================

by Darth InSidious

------------------

Description

-----------

This mod reskins the HK-50s to look more like the defence droids in Mass Effect, in particular the FENRIS bots, etc.

Installation

------------

Put the three .tga files and the two .txi files into your Override folder.

Uninstallation

--------------

Take them out again. :)

Permissions

-----------

This mod is to be distributed as-is without alteration, unless by permission of the mod author.

This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either.

Use it how you like, but if you're going to post it up somewhere, or make a derivate mod,

or use it in another mod, you must ask me first.

Thanks to:

----------

Fred Tetra for the truly awesome KotOR tool and his nwnsscomp conversion;

Holowan in general for being helpful, friendly and all the rest of the good stuff it is :) ;

KotORFiles, for being simply the best website in the history of the internet...Propaganda? What's that? ;

Lucasarts and Bioware for KotOR, and Obsidian, too, for TSL, without which, I couldn't have made this ;) .

L.D.S.

Click here to download this file

Shouldn't the eyes be red or something? And aren't the FENRIS the kind of dog droids? (You'd be working on LOKI Mech...)

HK-50s have red eyes, HK-51s still have blue eyes. I do have some screenshots of the HK-50s, but for some reason only one screenshot ever shows up out of the ones I upload here. The others are visible (or should be) in the Holowan thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2830627#post2830627

Yes I probably did mean LOKI; I haven't played ME2 in a while...

http://troodon80.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-2-LOKI-Mech-Reference-277397525

@RFaurora: No red eyes.

@InSidious: if you want to improve on the skin, take a look at this ref pic. There are a few things on-it that you could add that would actually improve the skin, because right now, it is not too mass effect-ish, more like black and white HK lol. But this is just me.

• If I were you, I'd add the dot patterns;
  • The M1 on the arms and forehead;
  • Also, I'd change the feet lines pattern, if possible (unless it involves changing the model, but I'm pretty confident that even if you did not, people would not notice, as they generally won't see the feet from up close, but from afar, which means they will see the correct the pattern without the problems linked to the model, if any).
  • The red circle at the waist would be a nice addition too, as well as the one at the shoulder.
  • Ah, and if you look at the back of the legs, there is a lot more black than what you actually put.
  • There should be 2 horizontal red lines on the front of the torso.
  • And lastly, 2 lines that point towards the floor at the knees. and just for kicks, I'd add red circle at the knee joint (laterally), as it would fit the circle there perfectly.

Just my 2 cents. I love mass effect and I love kotor's mass effect mods.

I wish I had some tools for ME3.  I'd do a mod or a fmv where Shepard walks into the mine on Omega from the dlc and theres a crapload of the rampart mechs all standing in a group, powered down.  Shepard then pushes a button to turn on the lights, jackson's Thriller starts playing, and all the rampart mechs wake up and start dancing to it.

Edit:  What Mass Effect mods for kotor?  Haven't paid attention, lol

Underwear by Redrob41,

a few weapon Inyri Forge (Widow,carniflex, and maybe Avenger, if memory serves).

Plus insidious's other mod, holgraphic computers

and maybe others...

And that's for TSL, not Kotor (except inyri's mod, I think)

So, Insidious, I would have liked to know if you tought my input was any good, but since you did not answer, I took the liberty of trying to modify this skin of yours to show you what I meant (mind you, I did-it for myself too and will not be releasing this unless you think it could be). I'll try to upload a few pics of what I got so far in a while and I'd like to know what you think about-it.

I did not do everything I had in mind, because I don't know how to find what I am modifying except by doing reference on the tga skin and going back in game to see what was modified. Pretty long. I don't know how you had the patience to do all that yourself.

This shows what I think could be improved (mind you, this is my second skin ever and I did not release any... so nothing to visually stunning, but you'll get the idea):

(By the way, there is a graphical problem, might be linked to the metal shader, or linked to my graphic card...)

1.bmp

Here, you can see the ear pattern, the 2 joints circles (I would not keep that color like that though, considering the references I'll post later) and the arm M1 (and you'll notice even the ref has this inverted on the other arm...).

2.bmp

We can see the frontal M1 and the red pattern on the chest. Both make a good difference. You can also see a part of the dot pattern, which can be seen better on the next pic.

3.bmp

4.bmp

Here's another side view.

5.bmp

And there's the rear view: there's the 2 dot pattern around the tuch, the red logo at the back, the 2 black patterns that should have been straight but ended up curved and that's mostly-it. I could not find the part of the thigh directly in front and above of the knee to put the arrows pattern, otherwise, I would have done that. However, I believe this would improve on what you are trying to achieve, even as-is. What do you think?

Edited by MrPhil