Sign in to follow this  
Desmond

Some thoughts about Bao-Dur

After last play through of Kotor 2, I had some ideas about what originally should happened with Bao-Dur. I might not be correct and more - there is a contradiction with this theory.

First of all - on Ravager we meet Colonel Tobin, and light side characters can convince him to fight with Darth Nihilus. If you do that, Mandalore would say that he need someone to blow up charges. But... don't you find it strange though? For Canderous blowing up Ravager would be a beginning of new era. It will mark the resurrection of his people. And other Mandalorians see that as well. There should be plenty of Mandalorians who would be glad to do that, since it would be a tremendous honor. But Mandalore asks an outsider - and even more, an enemy - to do that. Why? My idea - because to set charges off someone need to remain on the ship. That way it's beginning to make sense. That is a real big honor to blow up Ravager. And any Mandalorian would be happy to do it. But Mandalore doesn't want to loose his people. So he happily lets Tobin help out because it is a way to save at least one more Mandalorian.

Then, after Ravager Exile has a somewhat mystical-like dialog with Bao-Dur's "spirit". In this dialog there is a funny line. About Ebon Hawk been torn out from Malachor. But... it was never stated before. However it was stated that Ravager was at Malachor V. Moreover - whole Bao-Dur line sounds as valedictory speech. So on my personal opinion in original script this dialog should have taken place on the Ravager.

Next, there was a line about "Make my sacrifice matter". What sacrifice? I know that Chris Avellone stated that Bao-Dur should die helping HK-47 reach manufacturing plant. But I can't imagine a realistic situation where Bao-Dur will say that to HK-47. (Also HK-47 killing G0-T0 can be a way for him to avenge the Iridonian and it would make G0-T0 Bao-Dur's killer.) But if we presume that after helping HK, Bao-Dur found his way to the Ravager. There he has this dialog with Exile and lets everyone to fly off the ship. Then he dies, setting off proton charges. Also for him such act would be like redemption for Malachor V. He destroys a planet, but now he saves Telos station and all other worlds which will "echo Telos destruction."

Yep my idea contradicts the official source but still, for me it's pretty solid.

(Also HK-47 killing G0-T0 can be a way for him to avenge the Iridonian and it would make G0-T0 Bao-Dur's killer.)

But G0-T0 doesn't run the HK Factory. How is HK-47 avenging Bao-Dur by killing G0-T0?

Thats not a part of my theory. Just note. If we presume that Bao-dur indeed die near HK, not on Ravenger as I think)

Bao-dur understtod that everything coming from Malacore. So he desided to turn shadow generator on. He decided to help HK to get his help for it. G0-t0 hear that and try to stop bao-dur. Yea, sound stupid. So I stick with my upper theory about Ravenger and charged)

I think he means the hologram recording that playes for the Jedi training droid (forgot its name) thingy so it activates the mass shadow generator thingy :P

it was always called remote

anyway I think he died at the factory, or at least in the military base/sub levels "which I feel in the second time around started weird" since it explains why he is using the remote to set the generator instead of himself, and the dialogue containing his departure with HK

I still think the "sacrifice matters" is about the Remote (he build him, and he's always around Bao but now it does with the MSG on Malachor). Also they intentionally made a point of Kreia not being able to hear him but the PC could in the Hawk, and later again on Malachor which strongly hinted that it would return someway in KOTOR3.