Sign in to follow this  
BoogieMan

Does this increase number of badguys/make them stronger?

There isn't really that much you can do with HK, he doesn't have access to that many skills. That being said, I didn't know when I was I was going to get thrown into the factory and that I wouldn't have a chance to double check my weapons and such, or make sure I had a lot of high end repair kits. If pistols are really that superior to all 2 handed weapons then that strikes me as a pretty bad fail by the item designer. I went back to another save and changed his rifle to anti droid upgrades and it helped a lot. The whole section felt kinda of stale however, since it took quite a quite to kill the enemies and with the HK-50s using 2 repair kits each and just clicking "Master Rapid Fire" for 30 minutes. HK probably does 1/8th the damage of any of my Jedi characters do so it made it feel worse than it probably was. It might have been for it to have sent G0-T0 and T3-M4 with him and rocked a full droid party.

If pistols are really that superior to all 2 handed weapons then that strikes me as a pretty bad fail by the item designer

Yup. 2 weapons > 1 weapon. This has been in both KOTORs. The penalty for another weapon is waste-able, but the sheer additional damage output. Wow.

Not to mention the additional chance of upgrades, especially when using 2 lightsabers.

Guest staticjoe66
Either you guys really suck at developing HK-47

Dunno about this point Markus as HK-47 is primarily a ranged character, the only question in my mind being 1 weapon or 2--I always build him out as a dual blaster wielder with the Master Rapid Shot feat. Sure I miss a lot but at that rate of fire with 2 weapons it's never really been an issue.

Agrinium armor (until I find Capacitator)

If the game drops neither, as happened to me in one playthrough, this could be a bit of a problem...

Master Sniper Shot (with rippers/disintegrators you can get a high % of critical hits)

Interesting, I'll have to try this at some point in the future as I usually stick with Rapid Shot

With all that, the Factory is a breeze

Very true especially when you hit the HK factory somewhere in the 24-26 level range and have the Exile's full inventory at your disposal again acquiring as many repair kits and construction kits as possible. With a little foresight and planning you can put yourself in a very good position to blow through the level

I'm sure I could get better anti-droid damage if I used some ion upgrades

Which is what I load up on in anticipation of the HK factory level

Either you guys really suck at developing HK-47 or you're playing with some hardcore difficulty-adjusting mods. I find the HK Factory level easy while playing at highest difficulty. After I find the Capacitator Armor, I find it very easy indeed.

Here's what I make sure I have on HK:

- Agrinium armor (until I find Capacitator)

- Two good pistols: Mandalorian Rippers or ideally Disintegrators, if those dropped

- all 3 two-handed combat feats, to use the pistols without penalty

- for both pistols, best possible upgrades of the following line: Mandalorian Chamber, Rylith power cell, Accuracy scope

- Master Sniper Shot (with rippers/disintegrators you can get a high % of critical hits)

- A lot of Construction Kits for self-repair, and some points spent into Repair to make these more effective

- equipment that increases Dex or Con.

With all that, the Factory is a breeze. No point in activating shields in the middle of a fight, as the Agrinium armor means your own hitpoints absorb damage better than a shield would, so it's better to just self-repair as needed.

Note that the above is not the only possible good setup. Also it's not even optimised for the factory, wher eyou only fight droids - I'm sure I could get better anti-droid damage if I used some ion upgrades. The setup I described is good all-around, against all sorts of targets.

If the game drops neither, as happened to me in one playthrough, this could be a bit of a problem...

The Capacitator Armor is a fixed item, so it's always present...

Guest staticjoe66

If it's a fixed item, does that mean it's always acquired in the same place every playthrough? If so, what's the drop point for the Capacitator Armor?

The Capacitator Armor is a fixed item, so it's always present...

If it's a fixed item, does that mean it's always acquired in the same place every playthrough? If so, what's the drop point for the Capacitator Armor?

If I remember correctly, it should be in one of those lockers behind those sealed doors that open up once you shut down the reactor.

Guest staticjoe66

Hhmmmm...I suppose then I should check his inventory BEFORE I kill him... :) Although I don't recall Kodin having any armor in my Light Side playthrough, then again that was weeks ago so that will be one more thing to check into next time through

You do remember correctly.

Static: do you check droid shops too? I'm pretty sure I am able get the agrinium armor from Kodin every time.

Edited by staticjoe66

Guest staticjoe66

Yes you can introduce him to an untimely demise--all you do is threaten him over Tubb's droid and he'll give it to you. Then talk to him again asking him if you have to kill him which you then can, getting some delicious DS points out of the deal as well as some loot from his corpse :) I never sell T3 to Kodin

I didn't know it was possible to kill Kodin :) Why would you do that, deprive yourself of a source of equipment and/or credits...

You should have known if you read the patchlogs. I am sure one of them mentioned "You can no longer threatnen TT-31 about selling him back to Kodin if Kodin is dead".