Sign in to follow this  
BoogieMan

Swoop Race Bugged

I installed the game, the 1.0b patch, this mod and the Nar Shadaa fix. Then started a new game.

When I first get to Telos and try the swoop race, it looks normal at first. The moment the light goes green, my swoop warps upwards like it had jumped and stays there, resulting with speeds to slow to ever be able to win.

I don't remember encountering this problem before, and is there a way to fix it?

When I press ESC during the race it says "Press Bad Str Ref to forfeit"

Looking like you've jumped the whole race should've been fixed by 1.0b (but I think the NS fix may do something with files it alters, as I installed NS before 1.0b and it failed at Nar Shaddaa). Best leave the bad string reference to the people who aren't newbie modders.

Are you using a no-CD hacked .exe?

Anyway, I just loaded up a swoop and it said 'press F to forfeit' so that's not the mod.

Okay, so you cannot have the widescreen patch (which requires the no-cd.exe) and expect to race anywhere then? FINE, I'LL STICK TO PAZAAK :P

Wait, I seem to remember something that may be slightly useful...

I think that I once got a bad string reference when I changed the controls and my map menu shortcut had no replacement (It just said "Map: Bad Str Ref). Maybe that's got something to do with it.

I seem to remember if you held down space bar when the race started, it wouldn't jump, and you could race just fine.

It was supposed to be fixed in 1.0b, but I didn't find the patch made any difference to it.

Guest meznaric

I have the same problem. Holding the space bar does not seem to work for me and it does not say Bad Str Ref when I press esc. It seems to me the two may be unrelated.

(My english could be not very well... Excuse me by advance...)

I remember something about this bug... Long time before i heard the existence of the Deadly Stream project, i was searching something like that... The first time, i was found the Team Gizka project, but they aren't release anything... But in the forum of the Team Gizka, i read a reference about an illegal release of the project, or something like that... In the purpose to respect the work of the TSLRCM team, i didn't reveal the name of this patch, but for those who's know what i mean... I just ask them to keep silent... Don't promote this "illegal" release... Ok ok you can tell me i was wrong to download this, throw some Molotov cocktails in my fase or anything you could throw...;)

But as far as i know, it seems that this illegal patch resolves the problem... And after some verification and compare with the Deadly project and some "special" cracks no-cd and other tricks... Only the illegal patch contain the "solution" of the problem...

And i found much... The solution is inside the swkotor2.exe file of this "mad patch"... But i don't got enough skills about files "hacking" to found the "DNA of the swoop fix"... So i don't promote the "illegal patch" but if someone can made an complete analyze of the exe file, a crew of the TSLRCM staff by example, he or she could analyse the exe file of the "wrong" patch and found the swoop fix...! And in conclusion, to afford the correction in the .exe file of an eventually 1.7 file!!!:)

Hello, I decided to join the forum after reading this =P (Besides, nice to get updates on this mod) I had this exact same problem (And I was using a no-cd crack) but I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. Red Driver, is this 'illegal patch' the 1.0c patch? Because I know I used that and I'm pretty sure that's what fixed this. But regardless, I remember running into another problem. It's been about a year, so I don't remember the specifics. I had only installed this mod and the 1.0c patch, and one of them gave me a major glitch. When talking to Opo Chano on Telos, there was a vital conversation choice that wasn't showing up, and it was because one of these two things were installed. Like I said, this was a while back so I can't remember which. I'm sure you guys know whether or not TSLRCM does this, and if not then it is definitely the 1.0c patch. Anyways, I had to reinstall the game (And NOT reinstall whichever mod was causing problems), reload from an earlier save, and make my way back to Opo. The dialogue choice I needed came up, and then I reinstalled everything else.

Another thing I just remembered, I don't believe there is a specific no-cd crack for 1.0c since it's fan-made, but I still managed to find a way around that somehow. I'll be tinkering around with this stuff in the next couple of days, so I'll post more information when I get it.

EDIT: Hmmm, it appears this 1.0c patch may very well be the one Driver is talking about. I found a forum post where the creator flat-out admits to taking work from other people.

Edited by PhunkyPhazon

Yeah, you really shouldn't use 1.0c.

Anyways, we cannot add a modified .exe, since that's illegal. Sticking to an unmodified .exe (no no CD-crack) seems to not give this issue anyway.

Don't worry, i did'n't use the "false" patch anymore... (Forgive me about this...;) I was waiting too long for the Gizka patch!!!:$) I was keeping the 1.0c as my own piece of archive... useless, now i'm using the TSLRCM for long time now...!:) When the 1.4 was on line, exactly!!!

And thank you Hassat Hunter to inform me... I didn't know it was illegal... So sorry everyone...!:$ My bad... Hara-Kiri... Drunk poison... Wash my honor with my own blood... Just eat bread and drink water for the rest of my life... In the weak hope that it resolves this bug!!!LOLLL

And about the use of a no-cd crack... It's because my Pc run with Vista... Everyone knows or could knows the malfunction of KotOR2 in this server, and how to fix it... But, something like a big CURSE in my computer... He won't launch my game by the CD!!!:@ Even with the Vista-7 fix!!! The worse... I don't know why the autorun doesn't working ONLY with this game!!!!!! "FROSTMOURNE IS HUNGRY!!!!!! GIGGLE SNORT SNORT!!! YARK!!!" (For this reason, i confess the use of a crack!!!;))

PhunkyPhazon: i didn't say there was a crack no-cd for the 1.0c... The patch ITSELF contain a no-cd crack... I just install the patch in a empty file and take a look inside to find the swoop fix (Explicitly said after the install!!! And working, by the way!!!) For those who's heard about the illegal patch, it is not hard to know how we could know this...! Especially if you know what he was said about...! And yes... This file was like apple with worms inside... The bug choice with Opo Chano (I'm sure you talk about this bug: the 2500 credits in exchange for his tech papers!!!;) Especially when you borrow the money to the ithorians!!!) and the broken quest with Lasavvou!!!

Edited by Red Driver

Guest DH-010

^^

The Autorun of the CD isn't working for me either.

A shortcut on my desktop with the necessary compatibility mode however, is.

I tried this method but it's not working always... I just hope it fix the swoop race..!

I'll try again then... If at least the swoop races run correctly... For me like for the others...!

I'll tell you later...

Well, I can definitely confirm that 1.0c does indeed fix the swoop problem without having to use the CD. As of now, it's the only solution that I know of. I'm not sure I really recommend 1.0c anymore, but I'll leave that decision up to you. Just keep in mind that you should NOT install it before getting the droid credentials from Opo Chano, and it messes around with the Lasavouu side-quest as well, as Red Driver stated. (Also, the creator is an ass) If I ever find some kind of alternative, I'll post it here. But I'm not particularly tech savvy so I highly doubt I'm in a position to find another way.

Oh and also, while I have no idea what the hell caused this, I couldn't talk to Atton. I could click on him and click on him and nothing would ever happen. I did some research and apparently this is caused by clashing mod's, but all I have is TSLRCM and 1.0c, and I played the game about a year ago with both things installed (Though TSLRCM was a MUCH earlier build, being that it was brand spanking new at the time) and I never had that problem. Reinstalling didn't fix it, reverting to earlier saves didn't fix it, all I can do is start over. So this might be yet another disadvantage to 1.0c, but I can't be sure without testing things. But...I'm not going to. I do not want to play through all that again right now, so I'm gonna go play KOTOR 1 as a Scoundrel/Consular for the first time ever instead =P

You really shouldn't use 1.0c and TSLRCM together, it WILL cause a lot of issues. They both modify several of the same things, so personally, I'm surprised it even runs as somewhat intended with both installed. To fix the swoop race, technically, all you should need is the no-cd exe from 1.0c, and the skins are also a nice thing to keep, as it won't interfere with TSLRCM. However, even before recommending the skins, I'd recommend you check filefront first, for the official versions (if available).

Swoop racing just broke for me after using KSE_333/KoTOR 1/2 Save Game Editor.

Maybe that's a part of the cause?

I remember a that it used to be fixable with KSE_333/KoTOR 1/2 Save Game Editor but i can't remember what to change now >.<

Edited by FireFury

No... Even without KSE, the bug remains, so don't worry about the editor...!;)

I heard too about fixing this bug by KSE... It was not better than before, the bug still remain...! I don't remember what to do but i remember this "trick" don't resolve the problem...

Still funny that I only got this bug afterwards though :

It was a temp. fix. You had to redo it frequently but it worked at least.

Well... It seems the bug is a bit unpredictable... On my case, this solution didn't working... But it is certainly because i used a crack no-cd... However without the crack (and without patch 1.0b, for some another reasons...) it was working good enough for me... No problem about the race...

Anyway, for my case, i fix some other problem, in the purpose to play without crack and any other stuffs like that... Maybe it will fix the swoop bug...!