Superninfreak

Save editing on TSLRCM?

So, I'd like to be able to edit the influence I have with my party members (Mandalore in particular since there are barely any chances to gain/lose influence with him). I'd like to either use a mod that allows me to edit my influence (of course, said mod would need to be TSLRCM-compatible), or edit the save file to change my influence. Editing the save file seems like the easiest way, but I don't know how to do it. Can anyone help me out?

So, I'd like to be able to edit the influence I have with my party members (Mandalore in particular since there are barely any chances to gain/lose influence with him). I'd like to either use a mod that allows me to edit my influence (of course, said mod would need to be TSLRCM-compatible), or edit the save file to change my influence. Editing the save file seems like the easiest way, but I don't know how to do it. Can anyone help me out?

I know there probably are mods that do force the influence to be high from the start, but there is a save editor, located here:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KOTOR_and_TSL_Save_Game_Editor_English_Language_Only;68852. It doesn't have to be installed, so once unzipped, it should open right way upon double-clicking it.

Just chose the save you want to edit(clicking the '+' next to a save will show you the character's name, etc). Once that is done, click the plus next to 'NPC'. A list if your party members will show(I'm not sure if it displays only the ones you have at the moment, or them all). Click to open the character's menu, and one of the lines will be 'Influence', with the current value displayed next to it. Click on it, and you will see the bar on the right change. A box should be there, which contains the current influence. Edit this to whatever you want(it doesn't have to be 100, as even 99 should get you all the dialog with the character), then click 'Apply'. Lastly, click "Commit All Changes". After a few seconds, a small window should open, which should contain the name of your save(or rather the save's file-name), and some text to the effect of "All changes saved successfully".

I know there probably are mods that do force the influence to be high from the start, but there is a save editor, located here:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KOTOR_and_TSL_Save_Game_Editor_English_Language_Only;68852. It doesn't have to be installed, so once unzipped, it should open right way upon double-clicking it.

Just chose the save you want to edit(clicking the '+' next to a save will show you the character's name, etc). Once that is done, click the plus next to 'NPC'. A list if your party members will show(I'm not sure if it displays only the ones you have at the moment, or them all). Click to open the character's menu, and one of the lines will be 'Influence', with the current value displayed next to it. Click on it, and you will see the bar on the right change. A box should be there, which contains the current influence. Edit this to whatever you want(it doesn't have to be 100, as even 99 should get you all the dialog with the character), then click 'Apply'. Lastly, click "Commit All Changes". After a few seconds, a small window should open, which should contain the name of your save(or rather the save's file-name), and some text to the effect of "All changes saved successfully".

Thanks!

I'm assuming that that's compatible with the Restored Content Mod then?

Thanks!

I'm assuming that that's compatible with the Restored Content Mod then?

Given that it is a separate program from the game itself, yes. But I have used it with TSLRCM installed, and it works.

Mandalore has plenty of influence locations, like each "random DS" and of course with TSLRCM the gathering of the clans...

Apologies for bumping such a old topic (didn't want to make a new one), but I cant get SGE_3.3.3 to work on Win7.

I get an error message saying it has 'stopped working', and the only option I have is to close the program.

Does anyone know of an alternative savegame editor, or a patch to fix it?

Thanks.

edit: Just to add, I have tried running it as Admin and in various compatibility modes, same result. :(