Dark_Ansem

Change music after an event

I know that changing music on the fly is not possible, but I wonder if one can change music after a certain event plays, perhaps storing the change via waypoint or script?

Check out the Sion scene in 153HAR. It changes the background music for a specific cutscene.

And if not set back, it forever stays that way (as was the case in the original TSL too, I've made it end after the scene).

Check out the Sion scene in 153HAR. It changes the background music for a specific cutscene.

And if not set back, it forever stays that way (as was the case in the original TSL too, I've made it end after the scene).

good. could this be applied for battles as well? like, if you decide to kill off master vrook, after the khoonda battle (during the cutscene) the battle music changes just as one has to fight master vrook?

Not sure what you ask.

Running battle music can be done (just see post-Telos with TSLRCM). Changing around combat music for a small duration might be possible too, not sure there though.

Use MusicBattleChange() to change music played during fight - if you want to change music only for one fight, make sure to change it back (using the same function) after combat is over.

Same way MusicBackgroundChangeDay() and MusicBackgroundChangeNight() will let you change background music (for cut-scene or anything else) - again, remember to change it back after whatever event you needed music for is over.

Two separate functions, Day() and Night() are leftover from NWN and I'm not sure which one KotOR really uses (it might even vary between various modules) - I usually change both, just in case.